A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
342 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Junk Journal-along 2019 - Let's keep on making books!  (Read 17437 times)
Tags for this thread: junk_journal , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Smmarrt
« Reply #140 on: October 21, 2019 02:21:16 PM »

Yes to Donna Downey - she doesn't repeat herself too much and you learn some new stuff. She uses media you might not have already and I think she offers alternatives to the products she uses in the lessons. If its still available, I would buy the class that teaches you how to make her journal - I think its only $5. Ive made a few for friends and I like the size of the finished book.

I have been doing Wanderlust for a few years - I buy it early-bird so its only about $95. I dont try everything but there is a lot of content and new things to try. If you have the money, I do recommend it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
geekgirl1000100
« Reply #141 on: October 22, 2019 04:45:37 AM »

I went ahead and got the 3 years of Inspiration Wednesday for $75.  When I signed in the journal tutorial was in my workshop list for free.  I watched it, looks fairly straightforward and I just bought a grommet tool so I'm sure I'll be making some of those!  I like that I have all the content at once and the videos are on the shorter side.  I watched the first one from 2015 and really liked her pacing.  I'm excited to get started BUT I have to finish up a different project first.

I may still also do Wanderlust.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smmarrt
« Reply #142 on: October 22, 2019 10:55:09 AM »

Yay for you! Donna Downey does love her glaze and toward the end, she glazes everything. But other than that, she uses a lot of weird and wonderful stuff.

I like the book tutorial - they make a nice gift for arty friends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AHDesign
« Reply #143 on: November 23, 2019 02:50:45 PM »

I am glad to see this thread, thank you to the OP!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smmarrt
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2019 03:54:28 PM »

I hope to import this thread, or at least the ideas & discussion, over to Reddit. I need some time this weekend to learn about Reddit and the subreddit and I did see that many of the boards are on the side of the Craftster subreddit.

I have so many books in progress and I do actually work in some of them but I don't want to clog the thread with my stuff.

I hope you all continue to work on pages/books/prompts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...