A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
146 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Junk Journal-along 2019 - Let's keep on making books!  (Read 17502 times)
Tags for this thread: junk_journal , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

stay weird

View Profile available for personal swaps
Re:
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2016 10:17:25 AM »

I have plans to make a junk Journal or two, I will probably lurk for a while until I actually have time to tackle it. I have a cinch book binder think and will probably use that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DISCORD
Please pm me for a discord invite!
ThatLittleGypsyGirl
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2016 05:18:49 AM »

Craftylittlemonkey your books are so cute and I love the colors you picked.  I  can see how easy they would be to work in them. I find inspiration by just looking at them. I need to get my crafty wheels turning and give it a go at junk journals. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2016 06:00:15 AM »

The little books are stitched by machine, they are about 7 pages each. I made them for the kids as 2 week journals that they write and draw in then we send off in the mail to friends and family. Letter writing and cursive are big parts of their homeschooling curriculum. Even when they've gone to stay with grandparents they've taken along one of those small journals to work in. They are perfect for that.

I'm taking the big junk journal to meet up with Onyxnox tomoro for crafting ideas and inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever the question, the answer is always CRAFTING! It's the fix for all the sicks. Makes me feel better every time.

and remember, ALWAYS USE THE GOOD BEADS, YARN, FABRIC!

Love you all, thank you so much for everything. XO
Smeddley
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2016 06:55:41 AM »

Nice! I like the little ones, too, they'd be great to toss in your purse for notes and whatnot.

I bought some books, and have started taking some apart, but I have swaps to finish before I can really get to work on them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sharalee
http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2016 11:22:16 PM »

This is cool. I've been looking at junk journal tutorials a lot lately. There's so much out there. I kind like the ones that make them from file folders & makes lots of pockets. Also use the file numbers & alphabet to use in your junk journal. I've made 2 so far. One with the rings & one hand sewn in 2 signatures, 20 pages each of junk papers & some pretty papers. The first one was for th Junk Journal  Swap, & the  rings was easier but I like the look of the sewn in one, it's going to my neice for her birthday.

There's just a few pages from both junk journals! I'm going to make another one for my Sister, she just had surgery. So I'll see what I come up with!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016 07:28:33 PM »

Sharlee--wow...such interesting pages...I really am so intimidated by all of these journals...so cool looking, but I am not sure where to even begin...I love all the collages and papers and how you used so many fun things to embellish the pages...your niece must love it

CLM--you look like you are very comfortable with paper!  I love all of the textures and techniques you used.

I need to just jump in...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2016 01:07:56 PM »

Jump! Jump! Jump!

I have to admit, I just like making the books - I don't always use them. I am taking 2 online art classes (Donna Downey Inspiration Wednesdays and Everything Art Wanderlust 2016) but I am using purchased journals for those classes. I suppose I could craft one for next year's Wanderlust....but I haven't used up all the pages in this year's book. I am making one for my BFF to explain what they are, with a vintage "History of Idaho" cover.

And the big library book sale is next weekend (my favorite event of the year!) and everything is $1 on Sunday. I look for foreign language books, atlases and dictionaries, craft books and this year, I will be searching for cool hardcover books that I can cannibalize. It feels so wrong but yet, it makes me happy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2016 03:07:32 PM »

sounds like fun, Smmarrt! I love old books and have no problem cannibalizing them to make art...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sharalee
http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2016 09:11:14 PM »

You all are doing great."Craftylittlemonkey" it looks awesome to me. I have a trouble tearing up books, magazines so, so. But getting there.
Yes thanks "alwaysinmyroom" my neice loved it. I don't think about  to much just start adding papers & figure out how many pages I want. Anyway after I get that together then I can do some embellishments & just have fun! Grin

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2016 06:50:29 AM »

I spent the last few days organizing and collecting my various saves, junk mail, etc. I also looked at a few videos to get ideas of where to even start...going to try to get some signatures together...I have a bunch of old calendars that I plan on using for some of the insides...here goes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...