A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,891
Currently Running With Scissors:
399 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter - I Want to Live in the Burrow Swap Gallery  (Read 10500 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
andilites
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2016 07:46:57 PM »

Seriously amazing swap! Very inspiring and wow such creative minds. Love everything!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged
itsmereba
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2016 06:43:07 PM »

I'm so glad you liked them Seeuudee! I'm in love with the Christmas one personally. Haha

I'm sorry the packing stuck. They were bone dry when I packed them up but it is quite hot here...they look pretty good though.

I've not received anything as of yet. Hopefully it appears this weekend.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016 07:32:55 AM by itsmereba » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it. ~William Shakespeare~
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2016 10:13:06 AM »

@itsmereba: Hi Reba!  Just FYI because I know you're still new and getting your bearings around Craftsterland, we're not supposed to quote images, when we quote someone's previous comment.  By hitting "quote" you automatically get everything in their post, including the images.  Just go ahead and delete the link to the pic, and you can keep the text.  Smiley  It just helps keep the threads tidy, and keeps the threads from loading too slowly with to many pics.  Don't worry, everyone has done it at least once.   Cheesy

This gallery has been even more fun that I possibly imagined it being when I started the swap.  Way to go girls!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fatewineroses
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2016 10:20:01 AM »

Wow. I love those cat plates!!! Totally awesome!

I have received from rjannelle!!! She sent me the most awesome package! It came at just the right time, because the day was just..one of those days. Getting a package like this made it turn pretty epic.

The box was stuffed pretty much from top to bottom when I opened it. There was a card on top that mentioned spoilers, so I set it aside. Then I saw this mug rug.

And on the other side...

I'm not sure how she did the text; but it's pretty darn awesome. My bf likes it enough that it might get relegated to a hot pad at home vice taking it to work. But first I need to hide it while my mother is visiting this weekend.  Grin

Then I pulled this out. It took me a bit to get it open; and unfortunately it broke in transit...

I must have pinned a thousand little pincushions of little houses on hills. I never, ever would have thought to put the Burrow on the hill. Robyn, if you have better pictures of this, please post them. It is such a fantastic piece, my single picture here does not do it justice AT ALL.

After I sat and stared at my new pincushion, (you know I wasn't even crazy upset that the cup broke. I can totally get another cup.), I pulled out what I thought was the last item. This quote, if you didn't know, is Dumbledore speaking to Harry in the Half-Blood Prince. Which is my favorite book.

Then I read my card...which had me scrambling for the box and the papers. Robyn had wrapped this little girl in paper and put her in the cup. I totally missed her! She's perfect. If I were a wizard, (the jury is still out), She would be my patronus. I lifted her up and let her slightly twirl in the air when I found her, and she made me smile.

Again Robyn, if you have a better picture of her, please post. I just couldn't seem to get a good picture of her.

Many many thanks to Robyn. I know that these pieces are some of those I have received in other swaps, like my Eeyor needlebook. They will be well used and worn over many years to come.

And more thanks out to Jennie. For hosting all of us crazy kids in the middle of the HP Summer Semester.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2016 11:15:20 AM »

Those are all so amazing. The pincushion in the cup. O.O
And the mug rug! I really need to make me a few of those... But that one is amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2016 11:40:12 AM »

A lovely package rjanelle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seeuudee
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2016 11:58:36 AM »

Love the mug rug, well, love it all actually, but especially the mug rug Smiley

Once complete I am going to go back and pin so many items!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2016 04:08:20 PM »

Damn!  I KNOW I should have signed up for this swap!  I've adored every item in every package in the gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
theartofarejay
The Art of RJ Anderson

Aspiring art-nerd/biologist

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2016 05:04:19 PM »

Oh my... fatewineroses you weren't kidding when you said the teacup was broken Tongue I was expecting cracked in a few pieces but that's pretty awful. This is the first and last time I'm shipping with purolator... lol

Anyways, I hand painted the lettering on the mug rug with some fabric paint. I drew the design first then copied it onto the fabric with a pencil the old fashioned way lol (I really need to get some transfer paper or something).

Here's some more photos of the Burrow pincushion:

Front:

Sides:

Back:

And here are a few more pics of your fox patronus (my camera flash made the blue look a lot brighter, it's more navy in real life):

« Last Edit: July 29, 2016 05:05:13 PM by rjannelle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"My home is deep in the forest near the roots of the mountains."
"Mornings are for coffee and contemplation."
"Pity the poor in spirit who know neither the enchantment nor the beauty of language."

https://www.instagram.com/lotus.eater.art/
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2016 06:23:21 PM »

Wantsss ALL THE THINGS!

Amazing stuff, everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Chicken Pot Pie
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...