A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
310 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paper De-Stash and Junk Journal Goodies 2016 GALLERY  (Read 4104 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
SonjaBoo
Release the Craftin'!

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2017 05:30:04 PM »

Wulf, I have to admit when I opened your package, I kept thinking how incredibly familiar everything seemed! Ha! Great paper-hoarding minds think alike.

And I have taken forever to get these photos up -- I received an incredible haul of papers from Wulf last week.
An overview of everything on my coffee table -- there are layers here! Painted papers, photos, ephemera, pages of text, great vintage ads... so much fun.

A few of my favorites:

This is hilarious -- an ad talking about the psychological diagnosis of being fat. I laugh about this every time I look at it!

Thank you so much Wulf for a wonderful swap! I can't wait to get started with a new project. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockingbearranch
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2017 06:23:21 PM »

Alexampersandra sent all kinds of papers and goodies. I wish my post office had the same shaped shipping box. It just fit the full sized scrapbook paper. The yarn will be pom poms or tassels. A variety of pages with beaver and other woodland critters, so cute. A pack of origami paper. I recently received a how to origami book so it must be calling me. I really like that mock Polaroid picture paper. It just dawned on me that you may have seen cameras on my Pinterest.  Roll Eyes A huge pile of plain papers and card stocks with different weights and colors, always useful. The found calendar pages have a puppy! You see in my previous post my new puppy gets into my crafts. I love the Arc de Triomphe page. I think that's what it is? We don't have a rooster (boy) anymore but he is a handsome fella. Some bling and shiny papers. I have no idea what kind of paper that is but it is neat. Ribbon, and glitter scrap paper. Whew! That box had so much in it. Thank you!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
SonjaBoo
Release the Craftin'!

Napper extraordinaire

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2017 04:12:04 AM »

I have been working on a junk journal/altered book from the goodies that mom2em sent to me. (I intend to do the same with the papers that Wulf sent too.) It's a challenge to me to actually USE stuff and not just stare at it and think about how much I love it.

This photo may or may not come out correctly -- Craftster photo editing is not always my friend. The book base is a board book that mom2em sent along, and the cover is made from various chipboard pieces that I have gessoed and painted.

I talked about it a little more in the Junk Journal-along if anyone wants to see more!
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=449882.msg5426761#msg5426761

Thank you again, mom2em for the box of inspiration! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandykaye
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2017 07:44:05 PM »

I have so much trouble thinking "outside the box"! Thanks for sharing! I've already begun to use the goodies emilywilde and audio sent me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2017 09:13:04 PM »

I love the cover and all of that texture.

I agree - it's easier to take risks when there isn't expense to consider.
That's why I love making junk journals - I'm using paper that came to me in the mail or stuff I find when I am out and about. If I mess up a page, I can just gesso over it, collage over it, or rip it out.

(Thanks for the plug for the Junk Journal-along  Grin)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Junk Journal-along in the Misc. Topics board
Altered Puzzle Pieces coming soon....
Another 4 x 6 Art Swap
SonjaBoo
Release the Craftin'!

Napper extraordinaire

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2017 03:48:22 AM »

I agree - it's easier to take risks when there isn't expense to consider.
That's why I love making junk journals - I'm using paper that came to me in the mail or stuff I find when I am out and about. If I mess up a page, I can just gesso over it, collage over it, or rip it out.

(Thanks for the plug for the Junk Journal-along  Grin)

Isn't it odd? I have tons of chipboard at home, but am always afraid to use it for some reason. This felt very freeing! Maybe next I'll be able to use some of what I had in my stash too. I really need to use some things up. My craft room is getting ridiculous.

Anytime. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...