A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
230 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini 13 Days of Halloween Rnd 8 Gallery  (Read 13495 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
aisy
« on: June 26, 2016 02:22:30 PM »

Claim your gallery space! Grin Please don't post any discussions or comments in the gallery until everyone has claimed theirs, thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would absolutely love to have a personal swap! I'm interested in jewelry, soap, and anything that inspires you on my Pinterest
aisy
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016 02:23:10 PM »

I am very lucky to have two awesome partners this year, lindyv321 and phoenixfiredesigns!

Here is my sweet baby Squid staring longingly at my boxes  Cheesy

Day 1
lindyv321 sent a whole bunch of extras in the box that we have been enjoying for the past few weeks!

and a jar of candy for the first day which my boyfriend and I shared over a bottle of wine

phoenixfiredesigns sent me this stunning Haunted Mansion Bat stanchion necklace! I will absolutely be wearing this year round, and when I go to Disney later this year

Day 2
lindyv321 sent some days unmarked, so I decided to make this day a kid's day! Both my sister and brother loved painting the suncatchers and my sister has started making a bracelet and the shrinky dinks

phoenixfiredesigns sent me these awesome coasters! I'll be moving in with my boyfriend this year, so these should come in handy

Day 3
I got this awesome Haunted Mansion bracelet and necklace set from lindyv321! I'll be wearing this year round, and to the parks

phoenixfiredesigns sent this cute t-shirt that I had on my Pinterest

Day 4
lindyv321 sent a spider garland that my siblings had fun painting and a witch!

phoenixfiredesigns sent these amazing decoupaged flats!They are perfect! Not only are they comfortable but they are cute  Smiley I just bought a Quija board dress and these will go perfectly

Day 5
I got a skull washi tape and this cute apothacary shelf from lindyv321! at some point
i want to make a haunted dollhouse, so this will fit right in!

phoenixfiredesigns gave me this cute bat doll!

Day 6
lindyv321 sent a notepad, some pencils, and ghost venti sticks that I am excited to use!

I switched around phoenixfiredesigns's day order because I could tell that she sent jewelry and I wanted to see what they were because I love jewelry and couldn't hold back

How cute are those necklaces? I layered the Quija one with a bat necklace today and got compliments

Day 7
lindyv321 sent this awesome Haunted Mansion cup! I may be starting a new job soon, and this will be perfect for bringing in iced coffee!

phoenixfiredesigns sent some more jewelry!

I got another very cute Haunted Mansion necklace and pretty camio

I wore the necklace phoenixfiredesign and lindyv321 sent me and it looked very cute together. I also wore the bracelet but its not pictured

Sorry for posting these photos so late, this week has been difficult!

Day 8
lindyv321 made this amazing haunted mansion sign that will be up year round!

phoenixfiredesigns also sent me a sign and some cute extras!
(also the tombstone didnt offend me dont worry!)

Day 9
lindyv321 sent this spooky hoop

phoenixfiredesigns sent this cool jewelry box of madam leota

Day 10
lindyv321 sent these cute hair accessories that my sister loved!

phoenixfiredesigns sent some socks and a cute hand towel

Day 11
lindyv321-my brother loved the ghost!

phoenixfiredesigns sent this stenciled bat shirt

Day 12
lindyv321 sent these elegant towels

phoenixfiredesigns sent some Halloween peeps and a very cute pyrex that has been in use

Day 13
lindyv321 made me this awesome Haunted Mansion shirt! I'll wear this after Halloween and to Disney

phoenixfiredesigns sent a Quija jewelry box!

Thank you so much ladies for an awesome swap!!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016 03:24:32 PM by aisy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would absolutely love to have a personal swap! I'm interested in jewelry, soap, and anything that inspires you on my Pinterest
MissingWillow
Sewing in General Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016 02:51:56 PM »

My gifties from Killam Creative!  I love how she did the day tags with chipboard numbers.

Day 1
A trio of sweet felted pumpkins, I love them so much!  Seriously, Killam Creative, is there a craft you can't do??

Day 2
Unicorn socks!  Halloween socks that fit my feet are as rare as a unicorn.   Cheesy

Day 3
An ATB decorated with an apothecary theme. The details are beautiful  This is going to be displayed all year.

Day 4
A color changing day of the dead skull (with a few extra photos taken in a dark room).  This is so very cool!!!

Day 5
YESSSSS!  I put in my swap questionnaire that I'd love a supply package.  Killam Creative is one of the best papercrafters I know, I'm so happy she decided to share some of her fabulous stash with me!  I can't decide what my favorite is, I love it all!

Day 6
I've always admired her crystal stick pins and she sent me two gorgeous skull ones.  These will not be worn just at Halloween.  Smiley

Day 7
Fabulous Halloween fabrics with a vintage vibe.  I can't wait to use this!  

Day 8
A Halloween themed mini altered book which was also on my wish list.  I am getting a ton of crafting inspiration from this little gem, so many creative techniques!

Day 9
Today I opened the most beautiful card ever.  Words can't express how much I love this.  It's like a master class in composition.  I'll never use this for a card, it's going to have a permanent spot in my art display.  Thank you so much!!!   Kiss

Day 10
I received a stunning papercraft bunting featuring Graphic 45 papers.  I can't imagine how long those paper medallions must have taken.   Shocked  Just gorgeous!

Day 11
Today I opened an incredible mix of fun stuff.  She sent me some of the most gorgeous handmade papers, some have embossed images on them.

Supplies!  Chipboard cutouts!  Haunted houses, clock faces, spooky trees, honeycomb, swirls...  I can't decide which I like the best.   Smiley

This absolutely blows my mind.  A fully articulated skeleton!  I can't imagine the amount of time it took to do this.  Wowza!

Day 12
I put on my questionnaire that I would love a chunky Halloween house to add to my ever-expanding neighborhood and boy, did she deliver!  It's so texture-y and sparkly and shiny and amazing.  I love it!

Day 13
For my last day, Killam Creative sent me the sweetest felted pumpkin with a 'carved' face.  It's amazingly creative!  I couldn't resist photographing him with the three felted pumpkins she sent me for day 1 in front of one of my spooky chunky house neighborhoods. 

Thank you so much, Killam Creative, you have spoiled me rotten!   Kiss
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016 07:21:00 AM by MissingWillow » THIS ROCKS   Logged

audio

Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

stay weird

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016 10:59:17 PM »

Alright! I'm so excited!  Thanks Whistley for swapping with me! Let's go!

DAY 1
A Halloween countdown! This is great for the first day! I'm going to set it next to the TV!

DAY 2
A Jack Skellington Mug and some candies! This is such a cool technique, I gotta try it sometime!

DAY 3
A great coffin shaped pin cushion with Skull topped pins!! Awesome!  The front has a cool flying bat design decoupage on.

DAY 4
Super cute Skull flower hair clips, I've been doing my hair recently and been wanting some cool gothy clips to put in it! And a seriously creepy beaded Skull spider. I jumped a bit when this fell out of the packaging!  Haha

DAY 5
I got some cool gothy hand warmers! These are great and will come in handy while I'm a delivery driver.

DAY 6
A Jack Skellington clip board, which will also come in so handy at work, and some Skull stickers and a diy suncatcher kit!!

DAY 7
A freaking awesome Peeler bead basket right off my pinterest. Tsum Donald on one side and Jack O lantern on the other. And a creepy tree off life pendant!

DAY 8
A crochet Skull bag with some goodies inside. Sour worms, already eaten and Skull ductape!!!

DAY 9
If you love Haunted Mansion prepare to be jelly because.... Whoa this is so Awesome!!!!

DAY 10
A great batty pillow for my gothy bedroom!

DAY 11
HAUNTED Mansion embroidery for my hm closet! This room finally coming together!!

DAY 12
This super awesome cinch bag with bat wings! This will be perfect to put all my cool buttons and pins on!

DAY 13
A FREAKING AWESOME WIRE SKULL TREE! I saw one of these at a craft show and wanted one ever since!

Thank you so much whistley! Everything was really cool and I had a ton of fun crafting for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JoyfulClover

Live long and prosper

Peace and long life

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016 02:43:17 PM »

*pointing* 'Claimed!' - Daryl, TWD

Day One:
Each gift has a sweet sketch on the outside package.
Neat Halloween brads, try to imagine more candy (totally ate them), and a pumpkin sketch with swirling fall leaves:

Sederick painted a Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde skull! He even painted the inside, and secured a rotating color light with an on off switch. And by secured, I mean it looks as if he did some mini soldering, and then fastened into place so it won't move.

I love the incredible duality of this skull. What a steady hand! It will be staying out year-round:

Day Two:
A wonderful CHARM LADEN bracelet. I think just about every link has something dripping from it, yet is relatively light. Sederick included these neat orange/fall beads. It kinda reminds me of a harvest moon. And I'm pretty positive each of the tombstones are handmade. Well done!

Also, fish hook earrings with sepia tones skulls. Yummmm!

Today's package is a sweet witch (matches the bracelet), dimensional stickers, and...more candy I already ate.

Day Three:
It's best to start with the package for this one. I listed loving gargoyles as one of my Halloween items. I know it's not standard, but I wrike what I wrike, right?

So when I saw the bag I tried NOT to get too excited. Hello, sweet gargoyle bag and pretty ghost white kitteh! Also...look. We all know I just ate the candy. But it was there. For real-sies.

But in this case, it was the BEST kind of foreshadowing:

<BOOM>

What up, little monsterous cutie!? He's cranky and crabby, just like I like em! He's super textured, and can you see the slight redish transparency of his front horns? He's even grasping his wings in dramatic intimidation. Swooooon!

He's cute coming AND going. Check out his rumpus:

Look at that little whippy tail! And the little cutie stamp. Reminds me of My Little Ponies (originals) which speaks to my 80s worshipping heart.

Minor bad news was he arrived in bits. Tail, horns, and one ear were all popped off! After my first moment of panic, I realized it was just at the connection point. Whew! I used all my epoxy, so instead broke out my glue gun and resecured his needed appendages.

Man. I do love this little guy. Thank you, Sederick. Totally nailed this one. He's in a permanent place on a mini ledge.

Day Four:

I'm starting again with the package as Sederick is King of Foreshadowing:

Looks like..are those insects over Mister Mummy? I also received more Halloween brads. And never forget about the invisible candy I ate. Like a child, no control.

THEY ARE! Bugs! Insects! I posted these individually instead of collage style, because the labels are hi.ste.ri.cal. for serious!:

Three:
Harry Grosseum Arachnis
Mulan Province 1911

Toomanyleggs Antbiteum
Morocco 1909

Disgustingus Beetleus
South America 1912

Two:
Scorpiones Buttpokerus
Nevada 1908
This specimen bit my companion
causing him great distress

Musca Domestica Biggie
gross - Saskatchewan 1902

One:
Arachnida Arthropoda
Bigassium Harryus
Virginia 1904
This specimen seems to be very
common but hides quite well.
Extremely poisonous you
never know when they
will resurface

Each is mounted on black with gold burnishing. The insects are a beautiful copper, with sepia washed identifiers. I will be hanging these as a group. Welcome to my home! Here, look at my neat bugs!

Intermission: Bonus!
Sederick sent bonus items! The first is (I believe) his own artwork! Nice, digital print.

And then extra flat Halloweenie items. I have wanted to try out some book mods:

We now return to our regularly scheduled program
Day Five:

This bag features a sweet mouse with gobs of candy. Bet nobody can guess what happened to all of those. What's funny is, I'm not even a candy person! Swear! But your couldn't tell by the complete lack of sugary goodness here. Shameful, really.

Also, extra skellies. Niiiiice

Sederick made a Day of the Dead themed skeleton with Autumn leaf wings.I REALLY want to know how he bent the knee without snapping him like a toothpick!

Narrow brush marks with repetitive, colorful dots.  Even tiny little beads on the wrists. And he has a hook at the back of his head for hanging.

Evil little pixie!

Day Six:
I was a little puzzled by today's artwork package.  But since I love aliens/space stuff, I didn't question it too much. I just figured, SWEET! I bet I can use him for something later!

Also, little dimensional skeletons.

BUT SNAP! Check out this sweet piece of altered art!

THAT'S RIGHT, PEOPLE! THE ALIENS HAVE ARRIVED!! And en masse! What is a group of UFO's called, anyway? A murder [of crows?] A knot [of frogs?]  probably just something boring. You know like, a fleet....

Kidding.

Anyway, here is an angle shot to show his 3D affect. 4 of the fleet are secured with foam to lift them off the cow pasture. The larger, mother ship is mounted just underneath the glass, also giving the frame a bleed affect.

I love this piece! I have an altered art pin board, but I am also currently hosting the Aliens and Robots Swap (y'all should come check it out. It's gonna be A.Time.!). Sederick definitely stalked me, because I didn't list this on my Q, and my package came way before I posted!

Thank you!

Day Seven:
Werewolf sketch and ghost sticker. Hummmmm...interesting

Until you see these suckers!

Seasonal dog collars for my puppers! Gah! I tried them on, and they both fit great! It's too dark at my house to get action shots, but I will do so tomorrow!

I love my puppers so much, I am thrilled beyond words to get something for them! I think these are the ones your wife made? Please make sure to tell her I said thank you!

Day Eight:
CANDY. Halloween brads (in plotting a craft for these guys) and a bag with dancing skeleton

A PIRATE shrine candle in really heavy glass!

Okay, it might not have been intended to be a pirate, but there ARE crossbones, and one of the things I listed was how I decorate for Halloween with some pirate motifs. Random, I know, but it works for me. So...I'm claiming pirate shrine candle. Already sitting out.

*REWIND*
It finally stopped raining so I was able to take the puppers out in good light. Little Girl sat still as a statue (or a gargoyle!) and posed, Little Boy was a smidge more difficult. His groom is growing out and when looking at me, his drapey ears and fur completely covers the collar, so he has a profile shot.

Halloween prepped puppers:

Day Nine:
Super fun faux wine label stickers. I'm thinking about using these in papercraft project:

The bag features a graveyard, and I received a mini, painted coffin. The stippling is really well done, in mossy colors:

Inside the coffin is a creeptastic vingette! A scientific la-BOAR-ah-tor-ee (say it with a British accent. It sounds more legit.):

My favorite is the gazing globe and they ghosts with different eyes. Nice!

Day Ten
Happy little pumpkin on today's bag, and cardstock stickers:

A neat, Go Away box, FILLED with insects. Man, these need to be made into something, alright:

And buried underneath the crawlies...were these little gems:

That's right. Sederick made original art for me! I knew it was a stretch, but in my Q, I listed wanting to see what Halloweenies did in the off season.

So, he modded some table top cards into snapshots of mundane life moments:
Confused Dracula posting a dating profile on CandyConnections
Disgruntled Mummy, selling burgers and fries at the mall
Creature from Black Lagoon sweatin a wide awake baby
Ghost thrilled to get his soft serve ice cream at the carnival
Miami Vice Werewolf, pushin a grass cutter in his jorts

I can't express how much I love these little pieces of art. They are so bright and clever. These will be going in a frame.

Day Eleven:
Sederick is funny:

I should have taken a photo as to how he wrapped this gift. It was so intriguing! I both fiddled with it, and didnt, scared I would break it. I'm so glad I quit, because I may have snapped something.

This is Skinny Skeleton. 'Skinny' for short:

If you've ever seen Flat Stanley, you will get Skinny. His body is flat, black jean material, with a painted skeleton. His hands and feet are black SPOONS! His head is...I think it's lightweight pressed wood, but Sederick gave him dimension with perpendicular pieces, so he could fit a rotating color light inside. He's fun! I've already hung him in my kitchen.

I'd just like to give a shout out to my partner here. I mentioned loving assemblage. Sedericks wheelhouse is miniatures! The smallest I could get were peg people and mini plushes! Thank you so much for pushing outside your zone. I LOVE Skinny, and really appreciate your efforts.

Day Twelve:
Annnnnnd now I see why the dogs kept walking by, smelling the air!

Sederick - can you send me the tutorial you used for these? My puppers went bananas for them!

Day Thirteen:

Sederick wrapped up the package with some final sketches in my note:

There was a wee ghostie, too, but it's buried in the letter.

For a partner who said he didn't do extras...methinks his ' Not doing extras' and my ' Not doing extras' differ greatly! GOBS OF EXTRAS in the package and on the last day. And I love them, so I'm not complaining! But man, I shoulda sent extras!

And the gift!

Reuseable ghost bag, HUGE burgundy coffee mug (this is BEAST!), New teeth with my own bagged blood, a hand on a stick (who doesn't need to eat one of those in a lifetime?), neat magnetic container, dog biscuits for the puppers, candy corn coffee (are you kidding me with this??? Gah!), and, well, look. I'm nothing if not consistent...a missing bag of multi-chocolate coated coffee beans that's we're FRACKIN AMAZEBALLS.

Sederick - you (and Shannon) were wonderful to swap with. I'm sad it's over, but so happy we were paired, and hope you feel the same!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN, and Blessed Be!

\m/   JoyfulClover
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016 04:53:36 PM by JoyfulClover » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cadet120433
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016 08:33:57 PM »

My goodies!!

« Last Edit: October 24, 2016 01:16:40 PM by cadet120433 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

October Crafty Inspirations! I made it!http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=361238.0
Killam Creative
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016 06:24:08 AM »

Here's the package from Missing Willow!

I finally got to open the first 3 days!

Day 1: The table is set for a ghoulishly good time!

Day 2:  An art doll witch! I admit I squealed and got a little happy-teary when I opened her.

Day 3:  A wee trick-or-treater in true vintage costume style!

Day 4: OMG. A fantastic selection of homemade goat milk soaps. They smell SOOO good!

Day 5: A batty bar set and 3 gin recipes.  SQUEE!

Day 6: Ooh, this one is super special. We spent hours doing pottery together last summer. I love knowing the space she sat in while making this wee shrine.  This brings back fun memories!

Day 7: A wicked little mantle!

Day 8: A mug, mug rug, and a little bit o' sweet! I love this glaze, MW. ...Wait a minute. There are pockets in my mug rug!

Day 9: A pewter serving tray with a rat! It has candy on it now. Perfect! The Halloween coasters are reversible - I'm in love wth the dancing skelly. Smiley

Day 10: Ok, so this altered tin made me weak in the knees. MW, you win. I adore this scene. No lie - I stared at the moon last night wondering if he really *does* see me. Sigh.

Also - The green felt grass is fantastic, the ceramic moon is perfect, and the bunny melts me.

Day 11: These bowls! I'm so fancy now. And hungry for Pimento Cheese! Yours is so good and I appreciate that you sent your recipe. Yum!

Gah! I just realized the gold paint doesn't show well -- the houses and bowl base are all gold. Fancy!

Day 12: Spider Scarf! Eek! I love it so much.

This morning in bed I watched a spider walk around a small area above the bed. It looked to be making a web on the ceiling surface... why? Is it going to have babies and the web helps them from falling in their first hours? ::shudder:: I should go back in there and check, right? I mean, it's over my bed.

Day 13: Halloween kitchen towels! I was secretly hoping MW would send something embroidered. Killam Manor makes me so happy!

Missing Willow - thank you SO MUCH! This has been a fun swap with a special partner. ::smooches::
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016 08:01:21 AM by Killam Creative » THIS ROCKS   Logged

You don't make it with your hands.
You form it with your hands.
You make it with your mind.
                Edgar Tolson, 1971

Pinterest
Blog
Whistley

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016 07:20:42 PM »

I claim this spot for spooky goodness from audio!

And they've arrived! I can't wait to see what's inside!

Day 1
Some super cute Halloweeny bracelets. The colors are great. I love them! My 4 kids have claimed theirs but the Mickey one is mine. Wink

Look how fun they are all together!

Day 2
A Hitchhiking Ghost vinyl sticker. Love it!

Day 3
A book of masks to color and wear. My kids are excited to have a monster party.

Day 4
A piece of Disney Halloween fabric. I'll definitely make good use of this.

Day 5
A fun wreath. I love the colors!

Day 6
Welcome Foolish Mortals! I love everything about this. I think it will sit atop my craft room door.

Day 7
A cute, rolly-polly bat!

Day 8
A positively perfect pumpkin man! I love him!

His bum has a magnet attached so he sits perfectly on my Halloween jar light.

Day 9
A cute bat tin full of goodies.

There's a design your own Frankenstein, a funky Halloween hair tie, a fuse bead Mickey skull, a loom band bracelet, and some Haunted Mansion shrinky dinks.

Day 10
Oh you guys! It's a big FrankenMickey tsum tsum!

He is so awesome!

Day 11
a Disney Halloween button charm bracelet

Day 12
A nifty crocheted Halloween button/charm bracelet

Look at all the teeny tiny stitches!

Day 13
Some Disney Halloween totes and stickers

Thanks for swapping with me audio! And
Happy Halloween!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016 10:27:19 AM by Whistley » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
calixita

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016 11:56:36 PM »

I plant my spooky flag here!
My goodies from the fabulous KittyKill!!!

DAY 13
A sweet altered birdhouse!  I love the spooky portraits and crows!

close up

Day 12

Today I opened an awesome candle melt/scent diffuser!!

and check out these scents!

I've already tried the "Mike Meyers" - fresh fallen leaves, fireside and vanilla bean.  I love Dia de los Muertos skulls and it's a beautiful addition to my kitchen!!  And will be staying year round!!

DAY 11

Today I opened the coolest Halloween ornaments!  A pretty witch's boot, cheeky pumpkin and dapper skeleton face!!!

DAY 10

I didn't see a package labeled "10" but then noticed that 2 were labeled "9".  Ha Ha!  I randomly chose one to open and found a glorious disembodied hand holding a spooky sign!!!!

I love the black fingernail polish!  So dramatic!  My mantel is starting to look so cool with it's decorations!!

DAY 9

Here he is!  The coolest (in a fabulous dorky way!) Halloween cat!!

Look at that face!

And the little skull in his hand!

I love him!!!

DAY 8

Today I opened a super pretty orange and black necklace!

I think the beads are Czech pressed glass which I love for it's vintage feel.  It's really a perfect Fall necklace!

day 8

Today's present was bulky and now I realize it was because it is of deep scientific import!  Check out my specimen box!!!

close ups:

My latin isn't what it once was (oh no wait!, I never learnt Latin!) but I think they're of the 'sharp toothed' variety pixie.
I'll cherish these very rare specimens!!

Day 6

I opened a brilliant monster wallet!!!

It's so cool!  Frankenstein on one side and the Mummy on the other.  

DAY 5

Today has been dark and rainy but luckily I got to open a present!!!!!!  I got a fabulous spider web!!!  complete with a sparkly spider!!!  The lighting doesn't do it justice!

DAY 4

You guys, this is the loveliest Frida Kahlo day of the dead doll ever!!

She's even ready with her paints to create another masterpiece!!  I love her!!!

DAY 3

Today is a truly sweet cross-stitched witch!

She's cooking up something spooky for Halloween!!  I love the little buttons decorating the side!!

DAY 2

CANDY DAY!

Mike and Ike's vampire mix! (already broke into those bad boys!)  2 bags full of lollipops, gummy eyeballs, KitKats and more! and a wax mustache and wax vampire fangs!  Such fun!

DAY 1

last day - :-(
but what a day!

This is amazing embroidered pillow I unwrapped!!!

I absolutely love those creepy plague doctors and I absolutely love this pillow!!  And I'm so proud to have an example of KittyKill's fabulous embroidery skills!!!
Thank you so much for a wonderful swap, KittyKill!!
and here is a photo of my cat Loch sitting in the box, now bereft of Halloween goodies.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016 04:35:57 PM by calixita » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Glamis

Fighting for peace is like f**king for virginity

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016 12:23:15 AM »

I finally received and could open three days at once. Yeaj. Grin Cant really understand smeddleys swap anxiety  Huh She wrapped everything eco friendly in fabrics scraps, love it.

First there were some awesome extras:

zombie duckies! Their eyes crack me up  Cheesy

Some zombie bubbles (that I entertained the bus stop with and that made some bypassing hardcore looking truckers smile very big), supercool zombie stitch markers, and really pretty..eh..horrible "Refleshmints". The mints inside are tiny brains <3

And the (hopeyfully infamous by now) book of explaining for each day

Smeddley and I are making this a horror movie swap and every day is dedicated to one of our favorite movies

Day 1: Shining

Magnificent magnets with the carpet design, the creepy twins, the redrum door writing and the all work and no play makes jack a dull boy pages. Can you ever have too much magnets?

Day 2: 28 days later

A kreepy key chain.That is way too pretty to become scratched and dented on a keyring and screams to be a pendant. Plus it reminds me of the tunnel scene in the movie

Day 3: The silence of the lambs

a nifty movie poster necklace and a beautiful bracelet that has subtle references to the deaths head moth (the shades of brown, the skulls and the moth closure)

bracelet close up

Day 4: Zombieland

Snazzy zombie socks to keep my toes toasty during the zombie apocalypse. They even fit my chubby calves!

Day 5: Ringu (The ring original)

Can you spot it?

Its a dreadful Sadako doll. Smeddleys friend Cryssoleil painted the face and she made the shift dress. Thankfully there was no video to watch...

Day 6: What we do in the shadows

So today I was so clever to open day 9 instead of day 6  Undecided
Nevertheless, there was this viscous viago peg doll in his casket. The details are very delicate. As smeddley already said, if you havent seen this movie yet, you really should!

Day 7: Texas chainsaw massacre

Was this chunky terrifying texas chainsaw massacre magnet that is joining the shining magnets on my fridge

Day 8: Hellraiser

A blood-curling cenobite. I always wanted to make a pinhead pincushion but now I am glad I never did because my stitches would not have been half a neat as Smeddleys.

Days 9: Shaun of the dead

A spooky Shaun funko pop. He is so much more handsome than the real thing. Is it wrong to be attracted to a funko?

Day 10: Texas chainsaw massacre

A truculent tiny creepy crocheted chainsaw. Made with cotton yarn. Look at all the minuscule stitches. And the grey saw part is armed with wire to keep it in shape.

Day 11: Night of the living dead

My favortie movie. Yeah! A
"horrible" hoop with the iconic quote from the movie. The stitches are so perfect. Love it

Day 12: Evil dead

A nasty necronomicon needlebook. How cool is that?! Best needlebook ever

Last day (sniff  Cry): Return of the living dead

A gruesome needle goblet. Such a cool idea.

Thank you Smeddley for an awesome horror movie swap. I love every single item and you really should not be so insecure about your crafting skills.  Wink
And thanks to the moderator of course!

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016 09:04:20 AM by Glamis » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting any kind of skull shaped beads and patches-feel free to send me spare ones  ;-)
---------------------------------------------
pinterest
draw me s.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Fruit Pizza
@Home This Weekend: Dish Soap Apron
Tute Tuesday: Daisy Purse

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...