A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,558
Currently Running With Scissors:
169 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vikings, Pirates, Ninjas, and "Friends" Swap GALLERY  (Read 5699 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
roler
« on: May 22, 2016 07:13:38 AM »

Put photos of your awesome warrior themed goodies here!!

Original Swap Thread: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=445885.0

SEND/RECEIVE STATUS:
SENT
PARTNER RECEIVED
SENDING LATE WITH COMM
SENDING LATE NO COMM
FEEDBACK GIVEN

Isikkahjai <---> whatthepuck
Smeddley <---> bec99
rockingbearranch<---> puzzled-penguin
aisy <---> pioneer9
cmarion3 <---> Wavelight23478
noelle<---> roler
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016 06:15:02 AM by roler » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
puzzled-penguin
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016 01:07:29 PM »

I can't wait to see all the goodies in this gallery, I'm sure there's going to be some great variety.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pioneer9
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016 06:38:36 PM »

I received from aisy today, and I managed to coax my dying camera into taking one picture.

She sent me "a dangerous stowaway" named Ingela, and a painting of a lady knight. Wow!

Thank you, aisy! I hope you enjoyed your package as well.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016 12:49:34 PM by pioneer9 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
roler
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016 06:09:20 PM »

Oooh, hooray, the gallery has started!!  XD  That dangerous stowaway is awesome; is she from something in particular?  And I love the stylized clouds in the painting! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

IsikkahJai
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016 01:00:51 PM »

I got my package from whatthepuck a couple days ago but I was so busy I couldn't open it and post pics until now  Shocked

My two lovely things!

A very blurry but shinnnyyy pic of my bracelet. Chain mail! It's pretty darn great  Cheesy very warrior-esque  Wink

And a simple, bold and beautiful dragon silhouette painting! The dragon looks like Toothless, which I LOVE. The background color is my FAVORITE shade of blue \o/ Fraking love it! Now just gotta find the perfect place Wink

Thank you whatthepuck and roler for a terrific swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
roler
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016 03:07:22 PM »

Oooh, more fun stuff!!

I agree, the dragon looks like Toothless which is a big plus!!  And the bright contrast is really pretty. Smiley  The chain mail bracelet is really cool too!  Great package!

Meanwhile, I got my package from noelle, and OMG YOU GUYS I'M KINDA FREAKING OUT ABOUT IT!!!

First, there's this incredible appliqued Viking dragon, Celtic knot style:

Isn't it gorgeous?! I don't know how she got all those lovely curves without any wrinkles!!  Just amazing!!!

And is if that weren't enough (seriously I'd be blown away by either one of these pieces alone), she ALSO sent this amazing knight piece!!

How freaking cool is that?!!?  I'd put up a bunch of pictures from illuminated manuscripts on my pinterest, and mentioned that I love the quirky pictures of knights fighting snails and other whimsical enemies, and she combined a bunch of different images and ideas to come up with this incredible picture!!  Just look at that excited little rabbit charging into the fray as the knight on the right cowers before the giant snail!!  Seriously, I love EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS.

Here's a closer shot so you can see some more detail:

Thank you SO MUCH, noelle; my walls are about to get a whole lot more awesome!! XD
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016 03:09:47 PM by roler » THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016 05:16:50 PM »

woooow that's an amazing package! The embroidery is so neat and precise. LOVE that dragon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cmarion3
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016 06:14:24 PM »

OOO all is so good. The chain mail bracelet, and the applique and embroidery is gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Must craft....must craft.....
JoyfulClover
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Live long and prosper

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016 06:31:26 PM »

Noelle! Your embroidery is so whimsical! Well done! I LOVE you included a snail and a rabbit in such a classic scene.

Is the Celtic knot in felt, fabric, or a seen flattened tube? I can't tell, but it's so wonderful! Roler is right - I love how you executed the curves without any wrinkles. Zoinks!

Joyful
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noelle
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016 04:47:29 PM »

i love the face painting on Ingela, and the chainmaille bracelet too!

Noelle! Your embroidery is so whimsical! Well done! I LOVE you included a snail and a rabbit in such a classic scene.

Is the Celtic knot in felt, fabric, or a seen flattened tube? I can't tell, but it's so wonderful! Roler is right - I love how you executed the curves without any wrinkles. Zoinks!

Joyful

thanks! the dragon is a fabric strip cut on the bias (the fabric has a bit of a nubbly texture). i ironed the edges under and then hand stitched it to the background.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Sweater Snake
Tute Tuesday: Take Anywhere Picnic Playset
Crafting For Good

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...