A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,833
Currently Running With Scissors:
331 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: She hunts . . . and nothing sees her until it's too late  (Read 2253 times)
Tags for this thread: woman , castlevania , warrior , sword , spirit , video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Patraw

C'mon, pegasister, quit foaling around!

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2016 06:53:19 AM »

I made this as part of a fake swap for  Vikings, Pirates, Ninjas, and "Friends".  I'd say that this is roughly a 1 point item, time-wise, so, I still have 3 more points to go to make the 4 point quota . . . none of which I've even started on yet, so, I'd better get my butt in gear, as they need to be done by the 25th, or fake bad things will fake happen to me.

She's a "Hunting Girl", an invisible warrior from Konami's Castlevania: Symphony of the Night video game.  Other than very brief glimpses of them when you successfully land a blow, or slay them, these enemies are completely invisible, except for their swords, which float through the air in a ghostly fashion, attacking you as though they were wielded by thin air.  In later Castlevania games, these women were re-named "Nemesis", which bothers me, from a mythological accuracy standpoint, as She was the Greek goddess of divine vengeance.  As such, She would never work for Dracula--Nemesis smites evil, She doesn't serve it.

I drew the Hunting Girl on paper, glued that image to transparent plastic, etched the lines into the plastic, using said drawing as my guide, cut the figure out, and then removed the glued-on paper.  Next, I fabricated the 3-dimensional sword out of paper, painted it, and glued it to her hand.  Finally, I made the black circular base out of cardboard and newsprint and embedded the tab I left on the bottom of her foot into it to secure her.  Normally, I make transparent bases, but, considering she's already see-through to begin with, I went with an opaque one in this case.

As you can probably guess, she's really hard to photograph, which, considering that she's supposed to be invisible, is appropriate enough.

Materials:
Transparent plastic from a toy package, newsprint, white paper from an envelope, cardboard from a cereal box, acrylic paint, ink, and white glue.

Dimensions:
3.4 cm (1.3") wide x 4.1 cm (1.6") high.

Time:
One day; May 20th, 2016.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ludi
May the Ghost Squid be with you.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016 12:19:22 PM »

I like your tiny version better than the giant! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

http://ernestthesiger.org/
http://immenseminiatures.com/
suereal
Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016 01:32:17 PM »

I have a permanent bruise on the bottom of my chin from my jaw hitting the ground so hard...AGAIN!  And ya got me twice this time.  There was the initial sight of her.  Just FABO!  But I did what I do with all your first pictures.  I figure... smallish action figure size. But then NOOOoooooo.  BANG! My chin hits the floor yet again.  It turns out it's Kinder Egg toy sized!  Hopefully I have learned this time that you are a wizard and just make your toys change size on a whim. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

RuPaul in discussion With John Waters
yoopidou
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016 01:44:12 PM »

Wow, as always, I am amazed by your creation.

Thank you for explaining how you made it so that we could try to create our own tiny ghost figure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Patraw

C'mon, pegasister, quit foaling around!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016 07:43:20 AM »

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Her "mother" is a 12" Jessica Alba Invisible Woman, from the first Fantastic Four film (said toy is also available in fully painted "normal" form, but who wants a visible Invisible Woman?)  And her sword is one I made many years ago, which just happened to be in the right scale, and, as it's also a Castlevania creature, an appropriate choice for her to wield in this case.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anderlance

I'm a Craftster best of 2014 winner!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016 04:20:21 PM »

It was shocking seeing the actual size of your invisible warrior!  I had to wipe my eyes and have another look.  Fantastic piece as always.  You never disappoint Patraw.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

May you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead.
suereal
Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016 08:46:48 PM »

I had cataract surgery becasue of Patraw!
*whispers*Rainbow Dash made me say that*whimper*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016 04:01:16 AM »

suereal...your comments ALWAYS make me laugh!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
suereal

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016 01:30:42 PM »

Thanks LBandBB Grin.  Nothing makes me happier then making folks laugh Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fatewineroses
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016 01:46:22 PM »

That's freaking insane!  Shocked Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...