A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 315,374
Currently Running With Scissors:
157 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reversible quilt question  (Read 697 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

owlandbat
« on: April 29, 2016 06:48:22 AM »

I'd like to make a quilt that is basically a quilt top on each side - it is a sports themed quilt that will be Local Team 1 on one side and Local Team 2 on the other side. Their colors actually coordinate fairly well, so I can use black thread to quilt through the entire thing and black binding.

http://www.mommybydaycrafterbynight.com/2012/12/isosceles-triangle-quilt-along-making.html

I like this triangle quilt pattern, but I'm not sure how to do the actual quilting part. If I mirror image the sides, would the quilting inside each triangle line up? Will I drive myself nuts trying to do that? Or maybe there is a better way.

Any thoughts from more experienced quilters would be appreciated! This is for a gift so I want it to look nice. I don't have a specific timeline for it so if there are good techniques that are a little time consuming, that's okay too!

Thank you. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016 07:37:15 AM »

What a great idea for two different teams! This pattern is super cute, I really like that the sides aren't squared off. As for quilting, it seems like it might be hard to line up and get really precise quilting lines on both sides like you're talking about, but I've never tried it so maybe someone else has some better input for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love to cook, have an overflowing pantry, or want to save a little money on your grocery bill?
Join the Pantry Challenge Cookalong!

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016 07:50:28 AM »

Not be be a downer. But i cannot imagine the nightmare that would be to attempt to line up. 

If you are convinced that is the quilting you need. I would attempt it in a super small practice piece to see if it can be done. Then maybe a QAYG technique could be an option?

I think that an all over free motion meander or stipple is probably the best call to tie the two sides together.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Washer Necklace
Can't Fool Mother Nature
Meatless Monday: Mexican Bean Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...