A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
137 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 56
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Traveling Little Visitor Swap Round 23 Gallery!  (Read 50062 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #510 on: October 04, 2016 05:57:27 AM »

Haha that's how I always describe LVs to strangers- "like Flat Stanley! Except, you know, not flat. And not Stanley!" Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 2010 <3
I love my son!
<3 Ethan Orion - December 2015 <3
Alexampersandra
Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

« Reply #511 on: October 04, 2016 07:25:56 AM »

Haha that's how I always describe LVs to strangers- "like Flat Stanley! Except, you know, not flat. And not Stanley!" Grin

I'm concerned that I'm going to do it "wrong," like crafting souvenirs for him out of habit. I don't think the kid who sent him would mind, but still.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
PerfectlyBohemian
Fiber Arts Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ooooo... Stickers!

« Reply #512 on: October 04, 2016 07:42:56 AM »

It looks like Felicity has been having a lot of fun! Alby didn't get to do much at work with me. I've been slammed with work since getting back from our vacation, so I haven't had a chance to post pictures from our CA trip, but I did get our scrapbook finished and Alby packed up and sent this morning. I feel a little lonely now. I definitely enjoyed having him.

On the comment about being sheepish pulling out a stuffed animal - I definitely felt awkward a couple times but was surprised at how many people loved the idea, and how many of my friends wanted to "help". A couple of pictures were even taken by friends when I was driving.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
abuckshort
« Reply #513 on: October 04, 2016 07:35:49 PM »

Oops, mentioned Clara's friendship with the cockatoos and forgot to add the photo! Here she is helping me feed this friend a walnut  Cheesy We only feed them small amounts so they do not become dependent on us, but I think they mostly come for the company as they are very curious and friendly birds!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #514 on: October 05, 2016 01:29:27 AM »

Yesterday Baranof and I met up with roler and her "Pet eel" Katsuyuki for an early lunch and a nice cuppa and cake on the Royal Mile, just before roler was flying back home to Japan. We managed to have our cuppa in a little cafe I've not spotted yet (the curse of living in my city and not getting to explore much!) which was really nice!

Baranof liked the decorative heart in my hot choc! Cheesy

And then he was checking out the "Pub Crawl" sign beside a decommissioned Police Box, a lot of which Edinburgh City Council has been selling off 2 years ago to little shops etc. So we have now small pop-up coffee stalls in those boxes (they had to change the original colour or otherwise change the appearance of it).

And a photo with Katsuyuki

And finally a picture of the "4" of us! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #515 on: October 05, 2016 08:16:30 AM »

As of this morning's National Hurricane Center projections, I am outside the direct path of Hurricane Matthew. I'm in the purple box area on the West Coast of Florida; Matthew will likely be making landfall almost directly across the state from me on the East Coast.

That's not to say we might not get some weather. We probably will. But *fingers crossed* so long as the direct path stays easterly like this, I should be ok.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Wildfyre
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #516 on: October 05, 2016 08:55:55 AM »

That's not to say we might not get some weather. We probably will. But *fingers crossed* so long as the direct path stays easterly like this, I should be ok.

Yay! Hope it stays that way  Smiley

Inselaeffchen- wow Baranof has been able to meet a lot of other Craftsters this round! All the years I've been on here and I've only met one other member in real life lol I guess I need to get out around people more..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #517 on: October 05, 2016 09:59:29 AM »

PFD and everyone else in Matthew's way - stay safe!! Even if you're only getting the outskirts of his way! Shocked

Wildfyre - we were really lucky this year meeting 3 LV crafters. Usually we're not that lucky. Smiley But suppose... I'm very lucky to live in a city people want to come to for vacation. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #518 on: October 05, 2016 11:19:33 AM »

Wildfyre - we were really lucky this year meeting 3 LV crafters. Usually we're not that lucky. Smiley But suppose... I'm very lucky to live in a city people want to come to for vacation. Wink
...and one of those meetings you came to the #1 tourist destination in the world so that helped. LOL (Of course I mean Walt Disney World here in Orlando where you got to meet me and Hatty!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #519 on: October 05, 2016 02:43:55 PM »

...and one of those meetings you came to the #1 tourist destination in the world so that helped. LOL (Of course I mean Walt Disney World here in Orlando where you got to meet me and Hatty!)

Yup, that's true! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 56 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie
@Home This Weekend: Door Decor
June 20, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...