A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,572
Currently Running With Scissors:
200 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 56
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Traveling Little Visitor Swap Round 23 Gallery!  (Read 50059 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #460 on: September 10, 2016 09:53:29 PM »

Saturday, we went to a local con and I entered the costume contest - and won! I won Best Thrifted Costume for my Marty McFly cosplay because it's an "assembled" costume since Marty wears "real" clothes vs a costume I hand sewed. I've never won a cosplay contest before so I was super excited! (I got a TON of cheers and woos when I came up and later, one of the judges said she LOVED my cosplay!)

Hatty, meanwhile, got to take a ride on a cart heading to Hogwarts:

20160910_164311 by May Turner, on Flickr

So even though it was smaller, we had a fun day and I was thrilled with having been a winner! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
curiousfae
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

mecca-lecca-hi mecca-hiney-ho!

« Reply #461 on: September 11, 2016 04:31:20 PM »

I wanna ride the cart to Hogwarts!!

Speaking of riding, Poundcake hitched a ride on Piccolo for a little excursion to the Grand River today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexampersandra
Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

« Reply #462 on: September 11, 2016 05:32:28 PM »

Congrats, PFD!!!

Stella and I are not feeling well and got absolutely nothing done all weekend, so no photos from us for now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #463 on: September 12, 2016 06:39:28 AM »

Quite busy weekend for Baranof ... On Friday he joined hubby and me on our delayed anniversary dinner at a Greek restaurant...

And on Sunday we went to a Duck race ... Smiley

Unfortunately our blue duckies didn't win anything, but it was still a great fun afternoon!

(there are some ducks from the yellow race in the background)

Today I met up with Eamea who visited Edinburgh with her mum. Unfortunately I didn't manage to take a photo of our LVs before our lunch arrived, but Eamea took one, so she will provide the photo once she's able to, I'm sure. Smiley

On Wednesday Baranof will have his 3rd International LV meet up in one round!! Roler is coming to town as well... Cheesy

EDIT: Ah, of course, Roler is not doing this round, but I will meet Katsuyuki Moray (the Eel)! Wink
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016 07:34:42 AM by Inselaeffchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #464 on: September 13, 2016 01:15:32 PM »

Hooray! Ipo is excited for marching season!!

Poundcake's "ride" is adorable!

Congrats, PFD!!

We finally had our first Hawai'i Football home game! I wanted to get up in the stands to get some photos during the pregame show (the formations are our logos, etc.), but I ended up having to help coordinate the University choirs' entrances because they were singing the anthems this week.  At least we made it up there for halftime!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

« Reply #465 on: September 14, 2016 08:15:27 AM »

I can't believe we're running out of time with our LVs! It went by so quickly! I think the only other big thing we have planned is our book club trip to the Michigan Renaissance Festival.

Anana & I haven't been up to too much lately- I wasn't feeling great for a few days. He did come with me to the doctors though!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 2010 <3
I love my son!
<3 Ethan Orion - December 2015 <3
gigglygirl

prettypickings.wordpress.com

« Reply #466 on: September 14, 2016 12:50:49 PM »

Before we start packing up for home, we will be visiting the historic Summit Hill neighborhood of St. Paul. Work has already stared on the travel journal!

« Last Edit: September 14, 2016 05:30:06 PM by gigglygirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gigglygirl

prettypickings.wordpress.com

« Reply #467 on: September 14, 2016 01:28:11 PM »

I just went through my phone and harvested a bunch of pictures.

I got married in June. Fluffy and his buddy Trumposaurus were a bit obsessed with my bride doll who sat next to my cake in lieu of a cake topper.

It was a backyard wedding. Fluffy was in charge of the centerpieces, which were petunias planted in little mini milk jugs.

I also caught him messing with the hardware!

I explained to Fluffy over and over that fancy fireworks were ILLEGAL in Minnesota. He demanded that I drive him to Wisconsin to buy a few anyway.  

We spent a little time in downtown Prescott, Wi and checked out their public artwork.

Dude has to climb on everything.

WE spent a lot of time in the garden this year. That's just my favorite place. WE discovered this robin's nest underneath our deck. We named him Waldo. He was a only child. The other egg never hatched.

Here is Waldo the morning he left the nest.

I made some outdoor cushions this spring. Fluffy and Waldo checking them out.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016 05:30:44 PM by gigglygirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

abuckshort
« Reply #468 on: September 17, 2016 12:11:26 AM »

Clara and I have been absent but for good reason - we travelled around the world to London  Grin If you are a Harry Potter fan, prepare to be VERY jealous of our adventures...

One of our first stops was the Disney store on Oxford Street, as sadly we no longer have any Disney stores here in Australia Sad The cast members working there admired Clara!!!!

The trip was actually a prize I won for the release of the latest James Bond film, which included a private tour of the very secret Aston Martin headquarters... which was a bit hilarious, as I am terrified of driving and don't drive myself!!!!! Here is Clara looking at the cars -

We went to Oxford for part of the trip as that was closest to the Aston Martin HQ, so while we were there we checked out some Harry Potter filming locations including the dining hall at Christchurch College after which the Hogwarts Great Hall was modeled -

Then of course we had to go to the Harry Potter Studio Tour so we could compare with the Great Hall set! As you can see, the sun was setting in this picture - this was on our way out, after spending five hours exploring the studio  Grin

And here is Clara with the fireplace in the Great Hall -

Clara looking for the second star to the right  Cheesy

And... I saved the best for last... We went and waited in the return line for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child tickets from 10am until 1:30pm. At 1:30pm, half an hour before the first part was starting, I was offered a ticket!!! And it was a premium seat in the stalls  Shocked The play was absolutely AMAZING, if any of you are HP fans and anywhere near London I recommend hitting up the returns line. I already want to see it again!!!! Here is Clara with the tickets, program and of course shop bag  Grin

We had a truly magical trip and are just recovering from our jet-lag in time for Clara to head home!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #469 on: September 17, 2016 07:48:50 AM »

Wow!! You WON the trip? How amazing is that?? OMG, I'm jealous of all the awesome stuff Clara got to see in London! I'm a big HP fan so that's so cool you were able to go on the tour and see the play!! Shocked Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 56 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie
@Home This Weekend: Door Decor
June 20, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...