A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 323,318
Currently Running With Scissors:
294 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 56
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Traveling Little Visitor Swap Round 23 Gallery!  (Read 51040 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #390 on: August 03, 2016 11:35:57 AM »

Anana & I haven't been up to too much lately, but we're going wine tasting in northern Michigan this weekend! In the meantime, enjoy the pickup line Anana thought up in case we meet any lady pineapples. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 2010 <3
I love my son!
<3 Ethan Orion - December 2015 <3
Wildfyre
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #391 on: August 03, 2016 01:07:59 PM »

We had a very nice family day trip yesterday and Baranof got to see some very interesting and amazing large structures...

roler - take note for your visit!! Wink

First of all we went to the Falkirk Wheel - it's a structure built to connect the Union Canal and the Forth & Clyde Canal. The wheel replaced a stair case of 11 locks over a height difference of 35m.  It was opened in 2002. The Wheel only takes 1.5 kWh of energy to turn (same as boiling 8 kettles).

They've made a big fun area on the basin and around with water play for kids, water zorbing etc. We've yet to actually go ON the Wheel, but the structure is amazing as it is. Smiley

After the Wheel we went to the Kelpies, which are just about 10 mins drive away (or you could walk/cycle there - 6km).

They're named after the very strong water spirits which are said to inhabit the lochs and pools of Scotland and appear in horse's form (or human). The Kelpies in Falkirk are a monument to horse powered heritage across Scotland. The horse's heads stand 30m tall from the ground (that's taller than the sphinx) and have an underground structure of 35m more.

Both structures are absolutely amazing, and free to visit.

Today we're going into town as the Hobbitses need to have their pre-school eye testing done. And we're hopefully going down to the Harbour so my big sis can take some photos of lighthouses. Smiley

I love the Kelpies Smiley and that wheel is AMAZING!

We just got back from longlining. It's very fast paced and can be dangerous so I couldn't take photos while we were actualy pulling gear. I did get a few photos of some of the fish we caught and released-

a skate

and grenadier

and occasionally some deep sea starfish or brittlestars come up with the fish. I put them in a tin so my kiddo could look at them before we set them loose. Nessie checked them out too-

THIS ROCKS   Logged
curiousfae

mecca-lecca-hi mecca-hiney-ho!

« Reply #392 on: August 03, 2016 02:58:29 PM »

so cool! what a great experience for your kids (and nessie too)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

curiousfae

mecca-lecca-hi mecca-hiney-ho!

« Reply #393 on: August 03, 2016 03:34:59 PM »

A photo of Poundcake the day I took him to work, standing on the back of another mythical creature, a centaur.
This metal centaur sculpture was made for the Diagnostic Center for Population and Animal Health at MSU when the new building was opened in 2005 by sculptor Jim Cunningham. The staff and faculty are greeted every morning by this handsome fella. Poundcake thought he was neat but wondered why his 'fur' was so chilly!

« Last Edit: August 17, 2016 06:54:04 PM by curiousfae » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexampersandra
Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

« Reply #394 on: August 04, 2016 05:44:01 AM »

Anana & I haven't been up to too much lately, but we're going wine tasting in northern Michigan this weekend! In the meantime, enjoy the pickup line Anana thought up in case we meet any lady pineapples. Grin

What a suave little gentleman!!!  Grin Stella and I hope to have some fun this weekend to make up for the fact that I had a migraine last week and missed out on a few things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
Eamea
« Reply #395 on: August 06, 2016 08:31:59 AM »

Love this!  It fits his rakish grin perfectly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's one in every family, and I'm an only child.
stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

« Reply #396 on: August 09, 2016 09:32:24 AM »

Can I just say I am SUPER jealous Tree got to see Chihuly glass??

Aurora has had a more mellow few weeks since backpacking. She has been helping me declutter my house in preparation for a new puppy. But soon we will be packing up to head out on one last trip! &#128516;

I will share some new pics his afternoon when I am not on my phone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you need some art for your walls, check out everything I create in my studio, Daydream House:
daydreamhouse.co
facebook.com/daydreamkate/
instagram.com/daydream_house

My pinterest: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/

I would love to trade for blue, green and purple fabrics:batiks, Morrocan, In
Alexampersandra
Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

« Reply #397 on: August 09, 2016 11:08:51 AM »

One quick little photo while we were on the Norfolk campus this morning for a meeting: mermaid sighting!

Also on her blog:
http://stellainvb.blogspot.com/2016/08/norfolk.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #398 on: August 09, 2016 01:55:28 PM »

While last week was mostly stressful and not fun (waiting at the hospital for 10+ hours for my mom's hip replacement surgery - which thankfully went well!), we did go to Tampa Bay Comic Con this weekend since my mom's surgery was originally scheduled for June and we had pre-purchased the tickets so we HAD to use them. Cheesy I haven't had time to sort through pics yet so those will be coming soon.

I've just been SO hectic busy and I've got a couple orders to make and another swap to finish but pics are coming soon!!

Here's one teaser to tide you over:

(click for larger)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #399 on: August 10, 2016 02:18:15 AM »

Ooooh... Comic Con! Cheesy Can't wait to see more photos!!

Baranof on the other hand went with us to a double header at the cinema on Sunday to see Suicide Squad and Star Trek Beyond.

We still have to finish labelling school uniforms this week, and we'll go to our first ever baby shower on Saturday (baby showers not really a "thing" in the UK).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 56 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes
Meal Prep Monday: Fish Tacos with Green Sauce

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...