A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Which flip flop creation is your favorite?  Cast your vote here!
Total Members: 313,861
Currently Running With Scissors:
411 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 56
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Traveling Little Visitor Swap Round 23 Gallery!  (Read 38633 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #260 on: June 16, 2016 08:44:25 AM »

Aurora was a super helper this past week. There is a park right across from our house and for ten weeks in summer, Monday through Friday, they give free lunch to every kid 18 and under. Since I take both kids nearly every day, I wanted to add something to it. So I gathered up books, sorted them into bins and have been giving them away to the kids during lunch. My little visitor was a book ambassador!

She may have also done some reading herself. Smiley

After this week, she will be CRAZY busy. Two or three camping trips, a trip to my grandparents cattle ranch, an art auction, an art fair, day trip to a sculpture garden...plus whatever we do in between. I may have to make her a little backpack. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you need some art for your walls, check out everything I create in my studio, Daydream House:
daydreamhouse.co
facebook.com/daydreamkate/
instagram.com/daydream_house

My pinterest: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/

I would love to trade for blue, green and purple fabrics:batiks, Morrocan, In
zcrafter

Librarian, duck lover, owned by a dog

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #261 on: June 16, 2016 09:07:33 AM »

This swap is a blast! It's so much fun to see the TLVs enjoying such varied activities.

That shot of Anana in the inner tube -- hysterical!

And I love the idea that Aurora was a book ambassador.

As for Hawk, well -- she got into the nature theme this week. We visited Beartown Rocks in Clear Creek State Park. Here she is perched on the rocky sign:

She found a cute sprig of oak leaves on the ground, and it was the perfect size for this pose:

Then she tried climbing the big rocks. As you can see, it was an exciting climb for her:

She came home with a few smudges on her legs, but it was worth it. I might have to clean her up with a damp cloth.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexampersandra
Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

« Reply #262 on: June 16, 2016 09:27:02 AM »

That last photo of Hawk reminds me of the hobbits hiding from the ringwraiths near the beginning of Fellowship of the Ring!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #263 on: June 16, 2016 12:42:05 PM »

That last photo of Hawk reminds me of the hobbits hiding from the ringwraiths near the beginning of Fellowship of the Ring!

Oh my goodness, you're right!  Awesome picture, and it looks like a wonderful outing. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stefaniegk
« Reply #264 on: June 16, 2016 01:52:58 PM »

Haylie!

I love the shirts you are making! How did you do them? My little sis is due in Oct and I would love to make her some shirts.

AD and ADI and I are busy, I finally was able to manage time on the computer to work on updating their tumblr. We went to the EMP in May and there were so many pictures it keep us busy getting them posted.

http://littlevisitors.tumblr.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lilwanders.etsy.com         #lilwanders on Instagram

I love trades!
Eamea
« Reply #265 on: June 16, 2016 03:44:29 PM »

Haylie!

I love the shirts you are making! How did you do them? My little sis is due in Oct and I would love to make her some shirts.
I second this question.  Yours are done so well with such crisp edges.

Tree and I will get natured up this weekend.  We have a family barbecue in a park Father's Day Eve, so there should be plenty to see.  It has been so hot here (99 yesterday and today, 90's all week) that we haven't done much venturing outside.

Smeddley, can you elaborate on car cookies?  I have a black car, so I could definitely be getting some baking in while it sits out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's one in every family, and I'm an only child.
Smeddley

« Reply #266 on: June 16, 2016 03:54:47 PM »

Smeddley, can you elaborate on car cookies?  I have a black car, so I could definitely be getting some baking in while it sits out.

I made a post about them here: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=448115.0

But it's really easy, just toss a towel on the dashboard and set a cookie sheet of cookies on it, and as long as it's 95*F or hotter out, in 4-5 hours you'll have cookies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
curiousfae

mecca-lecca-hi mecca-hiney-ho!

« Reply #267 on: June 16, 2016 07:27:51 PM »

Poundcake under the catalpa tree in our yard (please forgive the terrible filter...I was trying out a new app).

For the last few days of spring the tree flowers and the flowers eventually drop to the ground. The trees are beautiful in bloom and for a few days after our yard is covered in white flowers.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

« Reply #268 on: June 17, 2016 10:23:32 AM »

Haylie!

I love the shirts you are making! How did you do them? My little sis is due in Oct and I would love to make her some shirts!

Freezer paper stenciling! For these (mostly because I'm short on time with the little guy around!) I used my cricut to cut out the words. Usually I'd hand-cut everything, so I could use a more batman-ish font.

I know there are tutorials on it elsewhere on craftster, but it's super simple: trace whatever design you want on to the freezer paper (paper on one side, wax on the other, buy it at the grocery store), use an exacto to cut it out, iron it to the shirt (use hottest non-steam setting), then paint with fabric paint. Peel the freezer paper off and you're done!

It won't let me post a picture of the finished shirts right now, for some reason, but they're on Anana's Instagram!

https://instagram.com/p/BGw4i1DLRXa/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 2010 <3
I love my son!
<3 Ethan Orion - December 2015 <3
Eamea
« Reply #269 on: June 18, 2016 07:48:57 AM »

Smeddley, thanks for the link.  I will have to give this a shot.

Haylie, thanks for the directions.  I never even thought of stencils.  I thought you were using fabric or vinyl or something.  My success rate with stencils has only been about 50%, but that was with traditional plastic stencils.  I can see how ironing on the freezer paper would help create a sharp edge and give some stability to the fabric while you're painting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's one in every family, and I'm an only child.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 56 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Cons to Mary Janes
Shark Week, Post Deux
A Key Component

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...