A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
169 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: the 'redeemer' quilt  (Read 1629 times)
Tags for this thread: patchwork  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« on: April 18, 2016 08:34:35 AM »

Friday I made a pieced pillow. I did the math. I sketched it out, it looked fine. So I cut and sewed. And it was a total fail. I have no idea why it didn't translate. But it didn't. And no, I'm no being overly critical. It was just bad.

So I was sulking in my sewing room and decided I couldn't go to bed mad at fabric so I decided I needed something quick and get me out of it. I had picked up a few solid charm packs a couple years ago for something and have been scavenging them since. I had some one inch white strips pre cut from another project that didn't need as many as I cut. So I figured I'd smoosh them together. 

I manage to get the strips done before bed an wasn't mad at my sewing room. When I got home from work Saturday afternoon, I set up on the deck for the first "spring" day in ontario. Grabbed the beer and finished it.

And I love it. And it told me where it wanted to go live so I even got to be the quilt fairy this weekend. Smiley the recipient was super happy

It's not ripply, it's just not laid out carefully. Wink

This... this is the life. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016 08:58:44 AM »

One must never go to bed angry at fabric...very good rule to follow! Grin

A very colorful and redemptive quilt...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016 09:52:01 AM »

This quilt is really beautiful. I like the "splashes" of bright colors against the white background. The simple geometric shapes make the colors pop up even more. It's a very cheerful quilt.

Not vene one day to make it? You are fast and efficient!
You probably have a great sewing machine. Mine was the cheapest from Sears a few years ago but it drives me crazy now that it  has started to rust and get stuck. I see you have a Janome. Would you recommend it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cursive_queen
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016 12:46:22 PM »

I love everything about this - the layout and using extra charms, the fact that you didn't want to go to bed mad at fabric and that sewed outside.  Are you worried about dirt in your machine when the wind blows?  I've been considering a card table and sitting outside
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016 07:35:54 PM »

I love my janome so much I bought a second one this winter. Smiley it's a great machine even when I haven't taken the best care of her. I try tinge her in every year for a tune up. Last one was almost 30 months.

As for sewing outside. I've never worried about dust or grit or grime. I pull it in and out if it looks like rain. And never leave it out overnight. But I've never had any issues. I have a fairly sturdy tv table for drizzly nights on the porch. And the old table on the back deck for sunny afternoons. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
photojenn
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016 09:32:44 AM »

I love this!  It looks so cosy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016 11:13:51 AM »

I love my janome so much I bought a second one this winter. Smiley it's a great machine even when I haven't taken the best care of her. I try tinge her in every year for a tune up. Last one was almost 30 months.
Thanks for the answer. I looked them up and the basic ones are affordable. I was worried it would be as expensive as a Bernina. I know what is going on my wish list. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016 09:27:57 PM »

It reminds me of a giant box of watercolor paints. Great fabric therapy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

[email protected]
http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
211/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
DecorNation
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016 04:54:05 AM »

The quilt is really pretty and colorful. Well Done.  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

DecorNation - Your Source for Wall Shelves Online India
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...