A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,883
Currently Running With Scissors:
399 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Prayer Flag Swap Round 6 Gallery  (Read 32251 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Antidigger
« Reply #150 on: May 06, 2016 01:43:56 PM »

Wulf, your flag for yourself looks like my dream of a garden. All those lovely shades of green and different textures smoothed together: lush and rich and peaceful and a touching quote too.

Calliemae, your bliss flag with the ocean and shells is splendid. I love the effect of the wooden waves and the seashells on the beach are sweet.

SonjaBoo, your explore flag is just down my street, I love space and this reminds me of all my childhood hopes. It is beautifully conceived and finished.

Smaart, your own flag is so meaningful. Thank you for sharing the elements behind it. It is beautiful too. I like your handprinted fabric, what an amazing range of things you've used to create it.

Fatewineroses, your abundance flag is amazing, your embroidery skills are excellent and your colour choices work so very well together.

craftymamabee, your harmony flag is lovely. I like the way you've made the 4 elements and it truly does create a harmonious whole.

redpopsickles,  I love the tree on your growth flag: it reminds me of the apple tree at my old house, which grew in much the same way.

Quaggy, your dream flag is beautiful. Did you wire bend your own word? It is perfect. You're another craftster who has a really good eye for colour: the contrasts are perfect. The dream-catchers are lovely too and the feathers, just the perfect finishing touch.

CraftyMamaBee, your Ailurophile flag is incredible. What a great use of serendipitous material and to highlight all the cats and then add another one, just takes it to the next level.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: May 06, 2016 05:29:21 PM »

awe thanks!  Loving all the new additions....I like everyone else want 1 of each Grin

So glad calliemae got her flag today.....A great ending to my week.  I had plans to create another one just like it but no to answer your question I bought the word in a pack of 3 I think at Hobby Lobby.   I was actually looking for a dream catcher when I ran across the word.  I had sent some dream catchers to a crafty friend from my hoard of stash that I never used.  I found the smaller one  still hiding in my stash but made the larger one and found the metal feathers too.  I figured if my partner did not want the other feathers that were on the small one she could remove them, but I thought they added a nice touch. I know some folks are opposed to real feathers so left it as an option.

I am so ready for another round and wanted to say thanks again to both of my partners for my first prayers flags and for Wulf hosting this and letting me create my first flags.  What a wonderful bunch of peeps this swap has given me so many ideas.  I love all the little flags!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calliemae
« Reply #152 on: May 06, 2016 10:15:33 PM »

The cat lovers flag is so cool. So very busy looking, it's beautiful.

This has been such a wonderful swap, I have loved being a part of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitted Items in 2016:
Finished projects in 2016:

https://www.pinterest.com/calistaemilymae/
seeuudee
« Reply #153 on: May 07, 2016 06:11:13 AM »

So many amazing flags, I love seeing all the different interpretations of the words.

I finally finished my own flag - I went with "make a mess", which is to remind me that crafting does not all have to be about the neat. I really struggle going outside my comfort zone and messy is definitely outside!!

This is mostly recycled - the flag base is torn strips from an old pillowcase, woven, the ribbons are both pieces that people have given me (most friends know I collect any bits that can be crafted with Cheesy), all of the beads were from old necklaces and the crochet flower and leaf were practice pieces from Antidigger's flag. I really struggled not cutting the fabric or finishing the edges neatly, but now I am pleased that I resisted, I love the finished effect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #154 on: May 07, 2016 10:50:46 AM »

I love that you went out of your comfort zone...prayer flags easily lend themselves to spontaneity and messiness!

I love the various materials and techniques you used...and the mix of colors is lovely as well...bonus for recycling stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
redpopsicles
« Reply #155 on: May 07, 2016 11:44:57 AM »

Thank you, alwaysinmyroom!

The flag I made is thin layers of paint over a printed fabric. The harmony flag is appliqud with the word overlaid in paint (I think...).

Seeing all three together is lovely!  They do look great!

I love the embroidery on the batik fabric...so nicely stitched...also love the word...

Your own flag is beautiful..is it paint?  So soft and watercolor-like!

The harmony flag is so detailed...how is the word done?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #156 on: May 07, 2016 05:44:15 PM »

Thanks--I love learning the different techniques...so many lovely ways to do these flags and so personal...I do think our personal flags really showed a bit of our selves to ourselves as well to others...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2016 04:53:34 AM »

Since both my flags have been received, I'll share the one I made for myself - Create!

It's made from a vintage linen hankie, beads, bent wire, and thread. The finished product may look a bit simple, but I really like it. And I didn't want to crowd out that lovely old lacework!

All three of my flags from this swap together! I think they go together so well.

Thanks for a great swap everyone, and for starting me off on prayer flags!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016 04:54:15 AM by Acadian Driftwood » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2016 08:05:27 AM »

All the flags are beautiful, and I love the peacefulness of the one you created for yourself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
Smmarrt
« Reply #159 on: May 08, 2016 11:41:00 AM »

I looked through the gallery again and the flags are really beautiful - each and every one.
But the personal flags are really outstanding. I love how a simple idea makes us each step up to the crafting plate in such amazing and creative ways.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Junk Journal-along in the Misc. Topics board
Altered Puzzle Pieces coming soon....
Another 4 x 6 Art Swap
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...