A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 313,890
Currently Running With Scissors:
227 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: what are you knitting RIGHT NOW?!  (Read 2330 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

wokeupafraud
it's always you in my big dreams

andrew mcmahonnnnn <3

View Profile WWW
« on: July 22, 2005 10:27:48 AM »

what are you guys working on?

i've been knitting a black and red fun fur clutch (super tight gauge size 6's) for weeks, not even half way done...

a self designed corset, black and purple red heart double stranded, for tweed-ish look, on 11's, miles of endless garter though its surprisingly soft for acrylic

and i have a small travel project, sugar n cream wrist warmers in a creamy color on 7's,

THIS ROCKS   Logged

so I guess we're back to us, oh cameraman
swing the focus. In case I lost my train of
thought, where was it that we last left off?
let's pick up, pick up

http://home.promosquad.com/referal.shtml?referer=_heartacheontv&band=62
crochet hooker12
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005 10:30:26 AM »

I'm knitting a red cap. I'm going to make it like the ones in The Life Aquatic. I also crochet too. I'm crocheting a baby blanket for a friend. She asked me to. I feel really guilty because the baby has already been delivered, and I'm only half way done. Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Mowing your lawn is against nature!" Rufus' response to Rev. Sheldon's comment about homosexuality being against nature
Zanti MissKnit

Formerly known as AndreaLH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005 10:31:56 AM »

a self designed corset, black and purple red heart double stranded, for tweed-ish look, on 11's, miles of endless garter though its surprisingly soft for acrylic
Oooh, please post this when you are done!  It sounds heavenly!

I'm working on a hat for my husband with Malabrigo yarn in "Forest".  It's a really gorgeous soft yarn from Uruarguay.  Just a simple k2p1 rib on 8 circulars.  It will be really soft and warm when done.

After that I may attempt another sweater for myself.  I want to get started on my fall/winter wardrobe.

Andrea
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starlings
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005 10:53:57 AM »

I'm knitting a camisole with an all-over snowflake lace pattern in Jaggerspun Zephyr, a laceweight merino/silk blend. It's light and fine enough that I don't get too hot while I work on it.

I also knitted then immediately ripped out a quick dropstitch scarf in a strange metallic tube yarn I've had kicking around for a while. I'm thinking of trying again, though, maybe varying the length of the drop stitch portions. It was pretty gaudy, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
scarletkittycat
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005 11:07:55 AM »

At the moment i'm working on Accidently on purpose, I'm about 11" in on the front and haven't lost intrest yet so it must be going well. I got a pound of mystery yarn (or unknown fibre as they put on the package) from the walmart for $5 and it was the right gauge so i thought i'd give it a go.

Also i'm working on a pink and black cosmetics bag with a picture of eddie izzard on the front, which i'm hoping to finish soon as long as i don't run out of yarn (fingers crossed)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005 11:11:08 AM by scarletkittycat » THIS ROCKS   Logged
abinka
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005 11:08:46 AM »

I just have the straps left to knit on my version of Poster Boy (SNBN) with Twiggy on it, it's a stashbuster in bright yellow and black acrylic. I'll probably finish that this weekend.

I have the back, the long sash, and one sleeve completed on Lucky (SNBN) in Rowan 4 ply cotton in this straw-olive color. It's coming out quite nicely but it's on itty bitty needles so I keep working on other projects at the same time.

I'm also putting the balls together for the floor cushions in Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I'm using the magic ball technique in brown, heathered tan, orange, and lime acrylics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aurélie
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005 11:43:01 AM »

I'm part way through a wombat (from the World of Animals book). It's turned out ugly and looks like a huge brown squash more than anything.  Cry Still it's a brown squash with eyes and a nose, a tail and one ear...  Lips sealed and somehow I can't bear to leave it unfinished, even though it's horrid.

The other thing I'm knitting is the funny bunny that was posted on the boards somewhere, it's kinda cute but I was getting bored of looking at that same colour. It needs three more legs.

I was reminiscing the other day about some fantastic crocodile mitts I had when I was a kid, and what did I find today in the yarn store, but a pattern for these very things! The pattern is changeable to make different things, including some really cute mice and a so-ugly-it's-cool pair of dinosaurs. This is my next thing to make, for a present for a friend. They also had some patterns for little cavemen and women LOL, which I **loved** but resisted. I couldn't believe my eyes! They were even wearing little furry pants and everything! Another time maybe, hehehe, when I find a good excuse.... Grin

« Last Edit: July 22, 2005 11:50:26 AM by Aurélie » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005 11:54:19 AM »

Cry  Right now I'm not knitting ANYthing.  I'm at (stupid) WORK!  I can't swear about it TOO much, since without my job I couldn't buy my yarn, but STILL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes I post at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin! Actually, really, find me almost everywhere as Lothruin!
knittinkitten
50's housewife with a tongue piercing

A girl can never have too many scarves...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005 12:01:45 PM »

I'm going with Lothruin on this one, I'm at work too right now!  But but but! [waves arms in the air] At home I'm working on the Vintage Knits Lace Camisole is Rowan Cotton Glace, Passion for the body and Bubble Gum for the trim.  I'm also probably going to be starting some sort of wool cardigan in a pink color for fall...maybe the one out of The Yarn Girl's Guide with the buttons up the front?  I need some instant gratification with this project on 2's and 3's!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

miss_cute_boots
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2005 12:05:42 PM »

I think I'm ADHD, I currently have a mitten, a sock, a shawl and a heavily modified version of the Greek Pullover from the Fall '05 IK on needles.  Plus, in various stages of finishing, I have two baby sweaters and a cape-type wrap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Bright Spring Wreath
Tute Tuesday: Postage Stamp Cards
Crazy Cacti

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...