A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,886
Currently Running With Scissors:
221 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Nope": A Shrine to The Pill  (Read 975 times)
Tags for this thread: shrine , medical , vintage  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
grufflepuff
« on: February 27, 2016 09:25:23 AM »

I made this shring using the plastic case my birth control comes in each month. I kind of thought that, given the former contents, a small tribute to the wonders of modern medicine was in order.

The outside. The package itself is bright green (you'll see when I post pictures of the inside) so I covered it with some washi tape. I found a picture of a very cool, nonchalant-looking young woman sipping some tea. I wasn't sure what else to do with the outside, but then I realized I had some Scrabble tiles that would fit perfectly, so I glued those on as well.

Inside left. We've got a bird in a tree trying to feed the screaming baby. I love kids but I do not want one of my own. Me trying to take care of an infant would be almost as strange as a bird trying to take care of a human baby. I think I'm going to need to find some text for the space just above the baby's head. It'll come to me.

A fancy young lady in a pretty dress and some (inactive) pills strung into a lovely necklace glued into the shrine with some gross messy hot glue. (I need to get some superglue before I make my next one). I believe that a woman can be just as feminine and fulfilled without children as with them. Another worry doll because I can't be the only one who finds herself worried about babies even while on the pill.

Wide shot of the inside. It's definitely missing something, but I'm going to wait for more inspiration to come to me.

So there it is, my first shrine in possibly a decade! I think that, the next time I use one of these packages, I'll paint it with acrylic paint or something, because the green is just super jarring. There are a few other rookie mistakes, but I really just made this thing as practice, so that's to be expected.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for poly-clay earrings: one bacon, one fried egg. Also, a mishmash of red/orange/gold bracelets--beaded, braided, bangles, whatever! If you have the supplies, let's talk! (Please?) I'll swap all kinds of things in return!

http://www.pinterest.com/kaeorin
steiconi
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016 11:33:31 AM »

I got two words for ya, honey:  tubal ligation.  But only if you're really sure.  It worked for me.

Great shrine!
I like that you included a biological clock. 
What is the purple and green thing?

You need something in the blank space around the woman--maybe something indicative of what you're doing instead of raising kids.  Like vacationing in Hawaii, gambling, drinking fine wine, retiring early...  printed words or 3D items would work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Measure once, cuss twice.
my website  http://wingsnthings.tripod.com/
my ebay  https://tinyurl.com/steiconi
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...