A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 314,008
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DIY Joan Jett Inspired Black Heart Valentine’s Day Soaps  (Read 1338 times)
Tags for this thread: soap , valentines_day , gift_idea , melt_and_pour_soap , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

DaBunny

A maker, blogger, and serial kombucha drinker.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 06, 2016 07:23:49 AM »

DIY Joan Jett Inspired Black Heart Valentine’s Day Soaps

Learn how to make these fun DIY Joan Jett inspired Black Heart Valentine’s Day Soaps featuring black heart soaps with pink “icing!” These make wonderful DIY Valentine’s Day gifts for your besties.

Ingredients:

7 oz. clear melt and pour soap base
1/4 Crafter's Choice square black glitter color bar or similar soap colorant
.1 oz. fragrance oil of choice
Crafter's Choice neon pink pleasures soap color bar or similar soap colorant
natural white melt and pour soap base

Tools and Supplies:

digital scale
Wilton Easy Flex Heart 24-Cavity Silicone Mold
spray bottle with isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol
utensils for stirring
measuring spoon
cutting board
large glass Pyrex measuring cup
microwave

Instructions:

This recipe for black heart Valentine’s Day soaps yields seven heart shaped guest soaps.

Using a digital scale weigh out 5.6 oz. of clear melt and pour soap base for your heart shaped Valentine’s Day soaps. Cut into chunks and place in a large glass Pyrex measuring cup. Heat in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between heatings, until melted. Don’t allow the soap to boil.

Cut off about a quarter of a square of the black glitter color bar and mix into the melted soap until it has melted fully and is evenly incorporated throughout the soap base.

Now weigh out the fragrance oil you want to use to scent this soap, and stir into the melted soap base. (I used a Rose Cognac Sugar fragrance oil.)

Place your silicone mold onto a cutting board for easy transport.

Next, pour the melted soap base for your black Valentine’s Day soaps evenly into seven of the heart shaped cavities of your silicone mold. Spritz the tops with alcohol to remove any air bubbles, then transport to the refrigerator until the soaps have solidified completely.

Now prepare the “icing” for your black heart Valentine’s day soaps.

Weigh out 1.4 oz. of your clear melt and pour soap base in a glass Pyrex measuring cup. (I use a natural soap base here as it cools and solidifies faster than a basic glycerin soap base with SLS.) Heat in the  microwave for 20-30 seconds, then remove and stir. Add a small amount of the Neon Pink Pleasures soap color bar to suit and mix until completely dissolved. Allow to cool slightly.

Now remove the heart shaped soaps from the refrigerator. Unmold and place them top up onto a cutting board or a cookie sheet. Now slowly pour the pink soap base across the tops of the cold soaps in small lines until you have reached your desired look.

Now cut a small chunk of white melt and pour soap base and add to the pink base. Heat again to melt and stir to fully incorporate the color. Again pour the, now somewhat lighter, pink soap base across the tops of the cold soaps in small lines until you have reached your desired look over top of the soap you previously poured.

Repeat the previous step for a third layer of even lighter colored pink icing.

Allow your black heart Valentine’s Day soaps to cool and harden completely, then remove from the working surface and wrap tightly in food service film. Your DIY Joan Jett inspired black heart Valentine’s day soaps are now ready to gift!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Soap Deli News, is filled with homemade soap, beauty, and bath and body recipes. You can also find me on Pinterest and Instagram.
HSG
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Oy Vey!

He says I color his world

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016 01:36:40 PM »

These have a cool look for soap! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

B'H
Proud Army Mom, Hoaah!!!
Help Fight Breast Cancer
anderlance

I'm a Craftster best of 2014 winner!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016 09:29:47 AM »

These are so wonderful!  Thanks for the tutorial,  I will be sure to try to make my own soap hearts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

May you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead.
sudsnovice
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016 04:03:11 PM »

I'm obsessed with soap right now and these look so good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NiftySheep
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016 09:46:08 AM »

The tutorial really made me think of making soap for the first time ever. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Updated Yardbird
Tute Tuesday: Apple Cozy
What The World Needs Now...

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...