A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 315,368
Currently Running With Scissors:
252 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 64
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2016 QuiltAlong  (Read 42182 times)
Tags for this thread: quiltalong , sewalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2016 02:03:07 PM »

Couple things.

Anyone want to come play in the quilt block swap? Sign ups go til sunday.

And I just spent the day making list of little things. Some examples for the QBS. Some wonky stars for my daily quilts. Sashed out the giant commission. Little things that the sewing room that usually add up to a big mess.

And then I tidied up AND swept.

Time to start messes again. Smiley I'm on my own most of tonight as well. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2016 05:49:13 PM »

Monday Check In!

Hey all! Please check in by typing "Feb 8 Check In" and then answering/joining in with the check-in discussion question (you have through the end of the week/Sunday to be counted for this week's check in, but please put "Feb 8" for my tracking purposes).

Today's Discussion Question: Did you make any progress on your Feb quilting goal? Also, what's your sewing room/area/corner like? Do you have a dedicated space or do you move around the house to sew? Feel free to share pictures if you want/have some available.

Feb 8 Check In--I got my quilt top finished as well as backing made for it and purchased batting! Not sure when I'll be able to baste though. I used to have a small bedroom for my quilting area with a medium bedroom to sleep in, but last summer I moved into the larger master bedroom for both sleeping and my sewing room, so I have a table in the corner to sew on and bookcases/cubbies on two of the walls for storage. It's an ok setup for piecing, but for actual quilting there's not enough room so I'll probably have to just move my machine to the dining room table when I need to quilt.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love to cook, have an overflowing pantry, or want to save a little money on your grocery bill?
Join the Pantry Challenge Cookalong!

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2016 06:19:22 PM »

Monday Check In!

Today's Discussion Question: Did you make any progress on your Feb quilting goal? Also, what's your sewing room/area/corner like? Do you have a dedicated space or do you move around the house to sew? Feel free to share pictures if you want/have some available.

feb 8 check in

Goals from last week...

Finish two commission tops, tops are done email is sentwrangle the woman to select backings, baste, quilt, bind and get them gone.

Make six tea wallets for husbands aunt cut these out tonight, will get to them after hockey tomorrow afternoon

Make 25-40. (?) double sided zip pouches for Friday for the kiddo's opening night gifts. This one is top priority right now. And i just scored some old school brocade samples for one side, just have to select the modern fabrics for the other. (The play is set in two timelines, Regency and modern, this was his idea)done and delivered for opening night, complete with hand beaded zipper pulls

Start qbs9 blocks.got my examples done...still waiting for signups to close

I have a dedicated sewing room. It is referred to as either the slothcave, girl office or the pit. Depends on the state of mind and being. It has my overly cluttered cork board with block samples and fabric swatches and pics of the kiddo and all my favourite artsy things and creativity boosters. When we designed and built the house hubby gave up a chunk of his office so i could have a nice big fabric closet!
view from the closet.

The view inside the slightly un-tidy fabric closet.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016 06:28:22 PM by sloth003 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
Amazon_warrior
You say "scientist or artist?" like they're mutually exclusive.

I like big quilts and I cannot lie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2016 02:05:02 AM »

Feb 8 check in

Progress has been made!

Just needs binding and the thread ends burying.  Smiley  Did the final assembly and quilting on Sunday, when I discovered that there was in fact a local quilting group near here after all.  (Advertising anything at all whatsoever is apparently taboo here?   Huh)  Not entirely sure what I think of them yet (my other group is much friendlier and has more/better space for quilting), but will go at least a couple more times to give 'em a fair go.  Smiley

Also, what's your sewing room/area/corner like? Do you have a dedicated space or do you move around the house to sew? Feel free to share pictures if you want/have some available.

I do have a dedicated room, but it doesn't feel very dedicated at the moment because of only having moved in a couple of months ago.  Initially, it looked like this:

(Though I think I took that photo after we'd moved the guinea pigs out of there...) Then I had an "ARGH!" moment because you could barely get in there, never mind sew anything, and now it looks like this:

Not a vast improvement, but at least I can get to the sewing table, cutting table and ironing board!  Still could do with a massive amount of sorting though.  Once we have a loft ladder sorted, at least some of the clutter will be heading up there, which will help vastly.  It's a very big room, really - I could pin quite a decent-sized quilt in it if I could only find the floor!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016 02:45:33 AM by Amazon_warrior » THIS ROCKS   Logged

texscrapper
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2016 05:57:31 AM »

Feb 8
No progress yet. Strep Throat hit my house and then hubby had to have a kidney stone surgically removed. On top of that, someone stole our debit card number and $800 disappeared from our checking account. It was a doozy of a week and I'm glad that we are on to a new week!

I have some time this week and my kiddos have a 4 day weekend - we are hanging around the house and I am getting some cutting done! I have a dedicated craft room, which I love. Here's a few pics of the space.

The room also has a wall of walk in type closets that house all of my stash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amazon_warrior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2016 06:01:19 AM »

texscrapper, you have no idea how jelly I am of your craftroom!  That's roughly how I'd like mine to look some day.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2016 07:46:14 AM »

Amazon: Your quilt is gorgeous! I love the bright colors.

February 8 Check In
Since my goal was to get my crafting area set up, progress has been made. Though I have yet to do any sort of crafting in there. (I haven't got the rest of the house sorted and it is driving my crazy).

I do have a dedicated crafting space, but it is in the back part of the family room/upstairs landing. I have to share it with the tv and the kids crafting space. Good new is, if I can keep the kids area of the room clean, I have a decent sized floor space for basting quilts. That's a big if though.

This is the whole family room. Behind my daughter (in the bottom right) is the tv and a small amount of craft storage.

More storage:

My spinning area

And my sewing table
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016 07:48:18 AM by meleriffic » THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2016 07:49:34 AM »

Feb 8 Check-in

I finished the back of my Garden Fence quilt and now just need to go get some batting...I bought an entire roll last time and have no idea where it all went...I assume that I have a lot of quilts pinned and ready to go in my huge bin of quilt tops! Grin  I better get binding as well or else it will wait another year before I finish!

Do I have a dedicated crafting room?  uhm, I have three...all a total mess! Grin  No pics until I get stuff cleaned and organized or else I might get put on that hoarders show...Grin.

Amazon--wow--it turned out gorgeous...and I have no idea where you got that backing fabric but I used the exact same fabric for binding for baby projects I did last year!

mell--your work area is bright and cheerful!  Looks like you can get family time and crafting time in easily!

Love seeing how everyone organizes...gives me some ideas!!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016 07:51:32 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
Amazon_warrior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2016 08:02:32 AM »

Or-gan-ise....?  What is this word, I cannot into?  Huh

(Actually, not true.  The state of my craftroom is driving me nuts at the moment.  I am not the most tidy person but nor do I like being *that* chaotic!)

Thanks both!  The backing I picked up at the very useful Abakhan fabric warehouse in north Wales.  I'm super-chuffed with it because it's already done one baby quilt and there was exactly enough left over for this one as well.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016 08:03:41 AM by Amazon_warrior » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2016 08:33:11 AM »

You can see the fabric a bit in the patch and lining of this basket I made.  I also used it for the binding of the quilt I put inside!  I wish I had gotten more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 64 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Mexican Bean Salad
@Home This Weekend: St. Patrick's Day Wreath
March 13, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...