A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 315,368
Currently Running With Scissors:
281 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 64
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2016 QuiltAlong  (Read 42180 times)
Tags for this thread: quiltalong , sewalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016 05:58:44 PM »

Hey all, I'm Mary Ann and I've been quilting for around 7 years I think? I'm an active member of the Portland Modern Quilt Guild. I'm generally drawn to lots of aqua and gray fabrics! This is the first year in at least 3+ years where I haven't been in a couple quilting bees, so I'm excited to do more "me" sewing.

My List:

1.) Collaboration Quilt with batgirl (top is half pieced)
2.) 2013 guild BOM sampler in all solids (11 of 12 blocks pieced)
3.) do.Good stitches Sweet Stripes quilt (need to re-make 1 block that I misplaced and then piece the top together)
4.) do.Good stitches low volume + brights quilt (top complete)
5.) Star Stuff quilt from Challenge Accepted Bee (need to make several replacement blocks)
6.) Baby quilt for friend's 3rd baby (design done, piecing in progress)
7.) 2015 Skill Building Bom (done with lesson 4 or so)
8.) Laura Gunn quilt for me (beginning piecing stage)
9.) My Freshly Pieced Reindeer Quilt (about 3/4 of the blocks are pieced I think)
10.) Baby quilt for best friend's sister (finding out if it's boy or girl next week)

Smaller Projects:

1.) Christmas Dresden Plate Table Runner
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016 02:33:18 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love to cook, have an overflowing pantry, or want to save a little money on your grocery bill?
Join the Pantry Challenge Cookalong!

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
texscrapper
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016 06:46:58 AM »

Hi guys! I'm Summer and I'm not a quilter .... can I just join to motivate myself and for support ..... and questions? I love to sew and have been making kids clothing, bags, and home items for the past 12 years.

I have only made two quilts - both were jelly roll race quilts for my twins LSU themed room. I did choose the strips and cut them myself and my stepmom quilted them for me on her long arm.

I'd like to make a few "I Spy" quilts for my nieces and nephews - something simple that I can do at home, but very daunting for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016 07:05:23 AM »

Hi guys! I'm Summer and I'm not a quilter ....
I have only made two quilts -

I'd like to make a few "I Spy" quilts for my nieces and nephews - something simple that I can do at home, but very daunting for me!

Seems to me those first two statements  contradict each other. Wink quilters make quilts. Therefore welcome to the madness of quilter world!

I spy quilts are a great place to start. Good practice cutting and piecing simple squares. And easy to simply quilt so as not to distract from the images. You can do it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016 12:02:48 PM »

Monday Check In!

Hey all! Please check in by typing "Feb 1 Check In" and then answering/joining in with the check-in discussion question (you have through the end of the week/Sunday to be counted for this week's check in, but please put "Feb 1" for my tracking purposes).

Today's Discussion Question: What is your February sewing goal? Do you have a weekly goal, or something you try to get done each time you sit down at your machine? Maybe you're sketching some ideas out in a notebook, shopping for fabric, or just dreaming up color palettes if you don't have time to actually sew. I do better with concrete, step by step goals that are easily achievable and have a specific time frame, so maybe you do too!

Feb 1 Check In--For February I would really love to complete 2 quilts by my Feb 25th guild meeting. One is my quilt collaboration with batgirl (top is a little more than half complete), and the other is my 2013 Guild BOM quilt that I'm making in all solids. The guild officers announced that February's theme for show and tell is solids, so that seems like a good quilt to try to finish in time! This month I'd also like to make a Boxcar Tote for my brother's girlfriend and redo her baby quilt that is falling apart. To try to get all this done I'm making a plan to sit down and sew at least 2 hours a day on weekdays this week, and I want to get both quilt tops finished and cut out the pieces for the boxcar tote and iron on the interfacing!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016 12:07:08 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love to cook, have an overflowing pantry, or want to save a little money on your grocery bill?

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016 12:05:33 PM »

Hi guys! I'm Summer and I'm not a quilter .... can I just join to motivate myself and for support ..... and questions? I love to sew and have been making kids clothing, bags, and home items for the past 12 years.

I have only made two quilts - both were jelly roll race quilts for my twins LSU themed room. I did choose the strips and cut them myself and my stepmom quilted them for me on her long arm.

You can absolutely join! Welcome! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016 12:09:48 PM »

Feb 1 Check In

My biggest goal is to get my craft area set up so I can actually make some. Then if I still have time I want to finish the quilt for my daughter. I just need to add some detail to my backing material and then quilt and bind.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
carolmb

Making things, makes life happy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016 12:19:18 PM »

Feb 1 Check In: I would like to get at least a fourth of my rainbow ribbons quilt done. would be great to get the other half done by end of month.

I have been working on a few designs on my EQ7 of quilts that I am thinking about LOL...I have sooo many of these "thinking about" quilts saved on my computer

THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2016 01:58:05 PM »

Mel--Getting that craft area picked up is always the first step, isn't it! I didn't do any sewing for about a month because I didn't want to tackle that! Do you have a good space for your new craft area in the new place?

Carole--Ooh that sounds like a fun quilt, do you have any in progress pics? Is it the star ribbon block? "Thinking about" quilts are the most fun, I saw a wall when I was in downtown (well, uptown) last night and took a picture of it for a future quilt design!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

carolmb

Making things, makes life happy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2016 02:20:20 PM »

I will take a pic in the morning when the light is the best and show you. I think I have a eq7 plan for it

I am half way done between the dark green and the light

will get an actual picture in the morning and edit this post

well and wonderment
carol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2016 02:28:39 PM »

Ooh that is beautiful! Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 64 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Mexican Bean Salad
@Home This Weekend: St. Patrick's Day Wreath
March 13, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...