A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
207 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Goal Book: 2016  (Read 1626 times)
Tags for this thread: goal_book  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Smeddley
« on: January 07, 2016 05:04:51 PM »

I'm so tickled someone else is jumping on the goal book bandwagon!  goktrose posted one here if you need some more inspiration... it's not too late to make one!  And it doesn't have to be fancy, my first two didn't even have doodles, they were just pages in a spiral-bound notebook, 50 goals of 50 items each.

Then came the madness of 2014, which was 100 goals of 100 items each.  That was just silliness, as were many, many, MANY of the goals (how could they not be?).  In 2015 I paired it down, went with 15 goals of 15 items each, with an eye to finishing up a lot of 2012, 2013, and 2014's goals.  This year, I'm back to the tried and true 50/50/50 (50 goals of 50 items aiming for 50% success).

Yup, it's pink and blue again, and for one reason.  Those two are some very weird paint I got somewhere, it's "Paint for Plastic", but it really should by called "Paint into Plastic", because it turns what you paint into something that genuinely feels plastic.  I think that's why the covers have held up as well as they have, despite being hauled everywhere all year long.  A lot of the same goals are back (I have a rather extensive list of them here) and a few new ones.  I've also been going back and "revising" some of the goals from years past because they are no longer achievable - I had a swimming goal, but we no longer belong to a gym with a pool, so I changed that to my "Pumpkin All The Things" challenge - posting a pumpkin/pumpkin spice item a day from Oct 1 to Thanksgiving, which I easily accomplished.  Because, remember, there are no rules but the ones you make, and by golly, some day I will 100% complete 2012!

It's also a very large book again, as it has sections for 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012.  Phew!

So, a selection of my new pages... (they aren't all this fancy, trust me, I get tired and some are just lined paper. I need to start on 2017's now...)

Blood donations!  I will color in the test tubes red for each donation, though I'm still behind on 2014's (I was dreadfully ill for two full months last year, ARGH!).

50 dozen cookies - a dead easy goal (I'm the D&D group's cookie baker, so for example, last weekend I made about 9 dozen cookies!).  The page, however, had to be re-done because I hadn't measured properly.  I also picked the ingredients from memory.  I... may bake too many cookies...

Oh, this page!  And, indeed, oh, this goal.  I am not good at crosswords.  Sudoku, yes.  Word searches, fine.  Crosswords?  No.  Almost all of them have celebrity names and I'm horrible at those.  And they really stretch it sometimes... I just had a puzzle that had the word "oner" for something unique.  REALLY?

Yeah, I need a break sometimes, but it's hard, especially since the lives on the app and the computer for Candy Crush Soda Saga are not the same, so you can play twice as much!

Mail!  Who doesn't love mail?  One year I'm going to get myself in line for LetWriMo, but it always sneaks up on me after the holidays.

There once was a girl on a roll
She made a book out of her goal
It kept her on track
And she could look back
On where she'd poured her heart and soul

(Okay, it's not the best, but it was on the fly and wheeeeeee!  I can check off one!)

Nerd Game projects!  If you don't Nerd Game, it's not too late to start!.

Our library has a service where you can download songs, and it's my goal to listen to at least 50 new songs this year.  Yes, old favorites are good, but I love finding new things!

Oh, spider solitaire, my favorite computer-based, mindless time-wasting game (2 suit only, thank you, I can't deal with the 4 suit).

Stamps collected.  This is actually pretty hard, because not a lot of people send letters anymore.  Which is why I need to get on board with LetWriMo, maybe I'd get some back (though that only somewhat works even with Christmas cards!).

So, there you go.  Another year, another goal book.  They say writing your goals down makes them more concrete, and will motivate you more, and I can say, going on my fifth year, that it really does.  Yes, I do have some silly goals (because at 2,500 goals, even aiming realistically for 1,250, some do have to be silly!) but there are some serious ones, as well.  And it can make things a lot more fun, even buying fruits and vegetables (so few vegg have stickers on them... I broke those two goals up in 2014 and am still trying to complete my 100 sticker goal!).

Thanks for looking, and if you made it this far, I think you should be allowed to tick a "book read" goal off... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NoShowJr
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016 08:58:07 PM »

Not sure where you are, but our Nashville Library also has Hoopla (in addition to Freegal) and you can sometimes find CDs on there that aren't on Freegal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goktrose
The Mad-town Crafter

If you stumble, make it part of your dance.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016 01:48:41 PM »

I love your goal books so much! All the pages are beautiful and you must put so much time into preparing each page. I hope this year is very productive for you and I hope you post updates on the pages as you start meeting your goals!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
I am always up for a personal swap! Odds and ends are my anti-drug
50 in 2017: 3/50
seeuudee
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016 01:44:54 PM »

What a fantastic idea  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...