A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
324 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Monthly Theme Dotee Gallery - December 2015  (Read 9314 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Ludi
May the Ghost Squid be with you.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2016 12:37:37 PM »

Tentacle-leaf-bat is super!

Here's the spook-tacular Bride O' Frankenstein I received from Wile E Songdog.  She has tiny stitches in her neck, a skull bead dangling below, her outfit is perfect with trailing bandages and her hairdo is magnificent!:

Thank you Wile E!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

http://ernestthesiger.org/
http://immenseminiatures.com/
cmarion3
Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2016 01:45:32 PM »

Oh wow, the bat and Ms. Frankenstein are outstanding. I keep saying this is the best dotee swap ever...and then it get better.

And to make my day. I got to name a new product line (with it's own website) at our company! I don't get to do the logo, but my product name was chosen. Woo Hoo. Hope it passes all the TM and domain searches with flying colors...so far....so good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Must craft....must craft.....
Wulf

Long Live Craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2016 01:56:49 PM »

Congratulations on your product naming, Carol! I trust you'll boast about it when it goes public.

Wonderful stuff in this round - every bit as off-the-wall as I'd anticipated. But nothing prepared me for the Cthulhu Gnome. How could such a thing have come about? I can only imagine some kind of random drawing or spinning idea wheels. Wink

Artsycandice and I are patiently (hah!) waiting for each other to receive. She mailed SO early, and to no avail. But even my sent-on-the-day package should have got there by now. What is taking so long?Huh  Angry

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artsycandice
Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2016 02:23:40 PM »

All the dottees are so wonderful!

Wulf, I have been heavily considering making a new dotee and sending it out into the great void in the hopes that one if then will show up. I will have to see how much time I have this weekend. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

STS Shop Winter 2016
50 in 2014
50 in 2015
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2016 06:44:37 PM »

I just love all of the dotees this round!  It really is funny how each one is a representation of the members personal something! Grin

I laughed when I saw the Cmarion dotee...love all of the animals, too...fox, bats, cats...and the mediums: paper moon jellyfish, knitted gnome Cthulhu! 

I am a real fan of the Bride of Frankenstein and just love that one!  The face is really fun!

I hope I don't miss anyone, but if I did, I will get it next round when I have more time to look through the gallery again!

I hope your dotees arrive soon, Wulf and ArtsyCandice!  I would hate not to see them!

I'll be posting the dotee I received from DearBluebird in a few minutes...gotta find the cord thingy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Long Live Craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2016 09:13:01 AM »

Wulf, I have been heavily considering making a new dotee and sending it out into the great void in the hopes that one if then will show up. I will have to see how much time I have this weekend. Sad

Don't give up yet, Candice - it's only slow so far - not hopeless!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2016 03:57:22 PM »

Here is my lovely dotee from DearBlueBird!  I had put on my questionnaire that I was longing for a traditional, sweet and vintage dotee. She nailed it!  What a serene and cute face she has.  The fabric is actually written on by DearBlueBird, not printed!  It is aged as well...thanks so much for ending the dotee year with another dotee for my growing collection!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

emilywilde
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2016 08:38:27 PM »

So much love for Bride of Frankenstein! Great job on the hair, I always loved her hair!
AIMR's dotee is super sweet too, specially the handwritten detail.

Good luck to Wulf and Artsycandice, I'm sure it will work out. Maybe the weather in between somewhere is slowing delivery down?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Wile E Songdog
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2016 01:06:56 AM »

So much love for Bride of Frankenstein! Great job on the hair, I always loved her hair!

Thanks. It was my first attempt at needle-felting something and of course I could not find my felting needle so I found a tutorial on how to make a makeshift needle here on Crafster. I found my felting needle, right after I finished it.

I love everything here, especially my kitty. So many interesting things, that cmarion dotee is spot on!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016 01:08:59 AM by Wile E Songdog » THIS ROCKS   Logged
artsycandice
Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2016 02:43:42 PM »

Wulf's wonderful little dotee arrived today. He made me a needle-felted barn owl. Thanks so much!! Barn owls are my favorite. Grin The detail is wonderful from his little beak to his tiny black talons, that are sharp! Ouch! Grin Thank you!!

This summer I rescued a baby barn owl and took it to the local raptor center. <3 Yeah, I <3 them.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016 02:49:59 PM by artsycandice » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

STS Shop Winter 2016
50 in 2014
50 in 2015
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...