A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News: Kindness Craft Challenge   Vote for your favorite entry by Sunday, October 15!
Total Members: 314,461
Currently Running With Scissors:
283 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter 'Hogwarts Portrait' Ornaments  (Read 3131 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , witch , ornament , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 01, 2016 02:17:21 PM »

I recently organized Round 4 of the Harry Potter Holiday Swap, where I had a fantastic time crafting for Abbeeroad, FiberAlchemist, pottermouth, and edelC.  I had originally intended to go in a completely different direction, but when I bumped into the 18th Century witch collage sheets on Alpha Stamps, I knew I just had to abandon the original plan and switch to making Hogwarts Portraits.  (I used the the 18th Century Witches and Saucy Witches sheets.)

Since I don't currently have a color printer, so I had them printed at FexEx Office.  I loved how beautiful the images were, but I was worried about what to do to make them "move", since of course only Muggle portraits sit still. I was originally just going to put them in frames, but they seemed too plain, so I finally decided that 3-D elements would be how the pictures would come to life.  I pulled out all the little tiny bits and bobs I could find, beads, charms, yarn, ribbon, doll house furniture, etc., and just played around until I had things that fit well in each of their hands.  Let's meet each of these formidable witches....

Phoebe Delphinium Trellani

Phoebe Trellani was a noted Seer from Venice.  Though devoted to all the arts of Divination, she was most accomplished in the art of Pyromancy.  Sadly, after an accident involving the Doge's favorite bonnet, she fled Venice and relocated in Wiltshire where she met her husband, Erasmus Kettleburn.  She is the Great-Great-Great Grandmother of Cassandra Trelawney.

Phoebe's details include ribbon on her hat, jewels on her hat and gown, metallic highlights, a skull bead in her hand, an All-Seeing Eye on her frame, and strands of iridescent red and green ribbons.

Flora Skye McGonnagall

Flora McGonnagall was a gifted witch from Aberdeen, known for her skills in Transfiguration and her love of shortbread.  After a Cobbing incident during the Quidditch World Cup for 1773, numerous Quidditch Hooligans stormed the field in pursuit of the referee.  Flora, desperate to stop the situation before it became worse, pulled her own hat from her head and began shaking it at the hooligans, only to have the Sword of Gryffindor fall out at her feet!  Brandishing the sword, she ordered all spectators back to their seats and demanded the referee be allowed to resume the game at his discretion.

Flora's details include the Sword of Gryffindor, held in her hand, jeweled choker, ribbon on her hat, brass filigree and a ruby red jewel on her frame, and red velvet ribbon. 

Dilys Derwent

Dilys Derwent was a Healer at St. Mungos Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries, as well as a celebrated Headmistress at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry from 1741 to 1768.  One of her most famous contributions to Wizardkind, is the Draught of Peace, which she first developed to help OWL students suffering from stress during their examinations.

Dilys' details include jewels on her gown, metallic highlights, roses and "feathers" in her hat, a bottle of her famous 'Draught of Peace', and a brass plaque reading "57" on her frame.

Heliotrope Wilkins

Heliotrope Wilkins was a highly gifted Irish Witch, from County Kerry. A noted scholar on the subject of the Deathly Hallows, she wrote the definitive work on the subject, A Historie of the Hallowes Queste while serving as Hogwarts Headmistress from 1708 until her death in 1734. She was also an early proponent of the Animagus Registry and an avid supporter of the Kenmare Kestrels.

Heliotrope's details include metallic buttons, ribbon, "feathers" and a jewel on her hat, a copy of her book A Historie of the Hallowes Queste in her hands, her broom resting against her frame, purple iridescent ribbon and purple eyelash yarn.

And finally, here they are all together, ready to be hung on the walls of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.  (Or, some very well dressed Christmas trees.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krafty_Karasu
call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016 02:30:30 PM »

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!

I'm hyperventilating here!!!  these are SO neat!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
Treemoon
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016 02:48:38 PM »

I love these! Especially the 3d element on each one. Great job
THIS ROCKS   Logged

https://www.pinterest.com/treemoon/
Interested in Personal Swaps. I love Harry Potter, Dressing Disney and a million other things.
pottermouth
Crochet Moderator
Vintage Crafts Moderator

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016 03:48:53 PM »

Phoebe Trellani has top spot on my HP tree, she's so elegant! You worked beautiful magic with these and I am incredibly lucky to have one.  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016 06:30:15 PM »

Wow - I am in love with them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dinkime

Do you like my scrapbook monocle?

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016 07:17:31 PM »

Love these to bits!  And just a teeny bit jealous of those who have one....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016 07:13:21 AM »

These are pretty rad!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016 08:21:09 AM »

Thanks friends!  I love this swap every year because it inspires all of us to come up with new, fun, HP ornaments to bedeck my tree.  Only question is, why don't I ever make one of the things I make, for ME?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krafty_Karasu
call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2016 10:58:56 AM »

yes!  you need to create some of these beauties for yourself!  you deserve it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
HSG
Tutorial Contributor

Oy Vey!

He says I color his world

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2016 03:21:30 PM »

I'm not a HP person, but these are wonderful!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

B'H
Proud Army Mom, Hoaah!!!
Help Fight Breast Cancer
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mix and Match Napkins
Tute Tuesday: Mini Top Hat
They Only Love You For Your Brain

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...