A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
254 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2016 Annual DeStash-Along  (Read 44711 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
JS

** Life: an amazing adventure. Pack well. **

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 02, 2016 07:54:20 AM »

Thank you, craftylittle monkey, and good luck with your book project.  A bank sounds intrigueing and I'm looking forward to seeing your finished project.  The next time I venture out to a rummage sale, I'll be looking for used hardcover books that are absolutely uninteresting, to save for a future craft.

I used Elmer between the pages, plus paint on the outer edges.  I figured paint makes a window unopenable - it should render those pages a solid sturdy unit.  Time will tell Smiley 
Oh wait, I will never know since it was for a swap lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God doesn't send people to hell.  He simply honors their choice.
gaudiknight
« Reply #371 on: October 03, 2016 07:05:52 AM »

October Themes

Thread by Jeremy Stratton, on Flickr

Color: Orange
Pattern: Sparkles
Inspiration: Music
Challenge #1:  Halloween is really the best holiday, because it's all about creativity and candy.  Use your stash and your creativity to create a costume or some holiday decorations.
Challenge  #2:   10 is such a nice round number.  Make something inspired by ten - using 10 things, something that uses 10 pieces of your stash, whatever works for you

THIS ROCKS   Logged

JS

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 05, 2016 02:30:33 PM »

I ate 10 M&Ms.  They were in a bag, sitting on a kitchen shelf.  That means they were stashed *grin*

I made a set of wire headbands for the neighbor's birthday.  Instead of using fancy jewelry wire, I unspiraled a spiral notebook and used the uncoiled wire ... looped on the ends, slipped inside a tube of fabric, stitched in place... sew the hole closed and *voila* headbands that don't come undone Smiley  One was black with orange pumpkins; another was black with white text symbols; another black with gold metallic stripes; and a couple reversed from solid to a patterned fabric.  Unfortunately I forgot to snap a photo before wrapping and giving them to her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katara
« Reply #373 on: October 16, 2016 10:11:44 PM »

The idea of 'shopping from my stash' sounds inspiring! So I would very much like to join this Craftalong!  Grin
My bead supplies were an absolute mess, so I spent yesterday afternoon sorting it out.

Before:

After:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JS

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 24, 2016 06:11:38 AM »

You have an amazing collection of beads, katara.  Nice organizing Smiley  It inspires me to put my stuff in an orderly manner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JS

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: November 03, 2016 06:19:08 AM »

craftylittlemonkey, you have been a busy bee!  Your monkeys will make people smile when they see your collection.

I waded through a couple of my fabric bins and pulled a few pieces of juvenile prints.  One in particular is 2 yards of Bob the Builder construction and roads.  (This took me on a trip down Memory Lane.  My sons played for hours on a similar piece when they were small.  We spread it out on a bed or on the floor and they were content.)  I need to find a new home for it, somewhere with youngsters.

Although I managed to pull a few more fabrics, the reminiscing stalled any real progress.  Does anyone else have that happen?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 05, 2016 09:57:41 AM »

I have done zero destashing. Zero. My partner started a job a Joann a few months ago. And now I have over a dozen projects stashed to do. Skirts and purses and quilting stuffs. I had to start a new corner just for fabric projects. *i have shamed my family*

I am going to make ornaments for all my family this year. So I'll be delving into the massive felt drawer and see if I can't get that manageable. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JoyfulClover
« Reply #377 on: November 05, 2016 12:04:20 PM »

I can't clean my craft room because when I try it I discover all sorts of awesome goodies I've got stashed in there that I then want to make stuff with, of course!
Even sorting the scrap bin for usable pieces ends up looking like this, lol. Irresistible!

craftylittlemonkey! I love your irresistible hoopla! You make magic with the smallest bits!

After all the slow cloth stitching, I think this would be a lot of fun. But I'm thinking this was the base of what I did, just without the hoop. Funny I actually had to think about it. Duh.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016 12:11:24 PM by JoyfulClover » THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 05, 2016 02:08:19 PM »

Erin, there's an ornament swap just starting that I'm going to use to destash some of my giant Fabricland felt pile, lol. Come & play!

I have stitched 3 patches today with the tiniest snipets and am working on a 4th with even smaller bits! I prefer stitching in the hoop else it gets wrinkly & wonky fast. That can be a neat look but lots of this teeny detail would be lost. I'm trying to let go & indulge the purposelessness of stitching these things, just to practice crafting for the sake of art & expression rather than an end product.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever the question, the answer is always CRAFTING! It's the fix for all the sicks. Makes me feel better every time.

and remember, ALWAYS USE THE GOOD BEADS, YARN, FABRIC!

Love you all, thank you so much for everything. XO
JoyfulClover
« Reply #379 on: November 05, 2016 06:34:42 PM »

I have stitched 3 patches today with the tiniest snipets and am working on a 4th with even smaller bits! I prefer stitching in the hoop else it gets wrinkly & wonky fast. That can be a neat look but lots of this teeny detail would be lost. I'm trying to let go & indulge the purposelessness of stitching these things, just to practice crafting for the sake of art & expression rather than an end product.

I've talked to my friends about wanting to do another round, and how I really enjoyed this process. And then all the things I want to try, but I have a REALLY HARD time making something without a goal or person/receiver in mind. So I admire your efforts to be free and creative. It's really interesting to me. I've been considering not starting another swap after my current ones and do a personal self challenge.

Can't wait to see what you craft!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...