A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,933
Currently Running With Scissors:
229 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2016 Annual DeStash-Along  (Read 44487 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 13, 2016 11:30:54 AM »

I am not sure I could relinquish my UFO's for someone else to complete. I could do the completing though (I can't believe that is an actual job!). I think it's just been so long since I've seen any of these things that they've become interesting again. I'm working on something about a dozen years old. I can't even remember why I started it or for whom, if I even had a recipient in mind. Maybe just because I thought one I saw like it was cool? I'll show you when it's finished and you can let me know what you think Smiley.
I too dislike repair work and there is a whole bag full of that sort of thing from my family, the dirty rats. When people know you sew they assume you will be thrilled to fix their broken zips and torn pockets and hem all the things Tongue. You know the worst? My mum chops the necks off her t-shirts and then brings them to me to replace, argh! Just let me cut them off for you in the first place you scissor happy hacker! LOL Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PLEASE MESSAGE ME YOUR CONTACT INFO!!!!!!!!

Craftster member 2006-2020 #CraftsterFriendsForver #craftyfriendsforever

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #311 on: July 13, 2016 12:04:23 PM »

I have four quilts given to me by friends to finish...their moms or grandmas started and never finished...I leave them in the bag and soon, they are forgotten...I do plan on making tote bags for the kids or cushion covers...but I am not finishing the quilts...

my hubby cuts off the necklines of his t-shirts as well...my answer...too bad! Grin

I do like the idea that craftADDchick had...to have a bin to put neatly organized WIP projects into...maybe seeing them would focus me when I am bored and looking for something to do...although, I would probably need a HUGE bin...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

« Reply #312 on: July 14, 2016 03:46:49 PM »

I too dislike repair work and there is a whole bag full of that sort of thing from my family, the dirty rats. When people know you sew they assume you will be thrilled to fix their broken zips and torn pockets and hem all the things Tongue.
Same. I have to be in the mood to hem and fix, and i just don't find myself in that mood very often...

I suppose i should finally post something, huh?
Technically, i crocheted this last year (almost exactly a year ago), but then it sat in my room for a year. I finally wove the ends in last week, and it's been adopted as the house Olympics lap blanket (you know, at night, or when the a/c is blasting), so i'm considering it a 2016 destash. My sister bought a skein (RHSS) of each of these colors several years ago, and used a very, very small amount of each, then gave me the rest. Since it's all the colors of the Olympic rings, i decided to use them to make a small blanket (in the order of the Olympic rings).

I've made over 40 hats so far this year. (I think i might really have a problem.) Most of them from stash. But since i've used so much stash, i've run out of all the colors i need and have had to replace a few...

Anyway, here are some highlights. (And if you care to check out the rest: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=442480.msg5365639#msg5365639 )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 17, 2016 12:51:38 PM »

I am envious of your yarny skills bananaleg. I did the tiniest bit of crocheting this weekend and it made my hands achy. Getting older bites Sad. My gran did it right to the end of her life though so maybe it's just lack of use of the muscles needed to hold hooks and strands. I'll keep trying it.

There was so much fluff left over from making pom poms, sock monkeys and attempted crochet. I took the toes of the socks and the trim and made balls. They shed fibers right through the shell so I used a pair of my daughter's old socks to make covers (she didn't want to throw them out despite the holes, wonder where she gets that from?). We're practicing 2-ball juggling with them.

It didn't really use up any stash but it did prevent me from adding to stash and that's just as good!

ETA I finished a sock monkey outfit! And it's yellow Smiley. I don't know how to read a pattern so I made up the hat, flower, and frock. It's from older and more recent additions to stash.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016 03:10:16 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PLEASE MESSAGE ME YOUR CONTACT INFO!!!!!!!!

Craftster member 2006-2020 #CraftsterFriendsForver #craftyfriendsforever

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: July 17, 2016 06:43:30 PM »

CLM, wish I'd known last month that you didn't know how to read a crochet pattern. I would have been happy to teach you and I'm sure AIMR and UTM would have been also. Now we definitely need another Meet Up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

[email protected]
http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
204/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #315 on: July 18, 2016 07:04:56 AM »

I mostly crochet by charts so a lot of patterns are tough for me...I sort of have to "see" the stitches...I really am terrible with amigurumi..I made a Totoro for a friend's grandson that took me forever! I winged a lot of it because I could not follow the pattern.  I really do prefer knitting.

CLM...you never cease to amaze me at how you use up the scraps....juggling balls are a great idea for a small, but fun way to use up the tiny pieces!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
JS

** Life: an amazing adventure. Pack well. **

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 29, 2016 06:09:39 AM »

You all have been busy bees in here!  It's great to see the craftiness from all nooks and crannies of the craft galaxy.  I've never seen monkey ears like that - spiraled stitch?

For the upcoming craft show, a neighbor suggested that I make a child apron with Elsa fabric and she will buy it for her little one since she does not sew.  Done.  However the fabric has the "not for commercial use" disclaimer.  Usually I don't use licensed fabrics.  One apron.  I don't think anyone intentionally goes out of their way to offend the laws.  One child sized apron.  You know how there is a killjoy in every crowd, ready to point out legalities.  And she has, loudly and repeatedly.  One, itty bitty, little person apron.  Okay, duly noted, thank you, neighbor.  One piece of fabric that is slightly  more than a fat quarter!!!  So...  To circumvent this, I've decided to sell it as a navy blue apron (it is lined with solid navy) and the Elsa part is free.  Also I am not specifically selling Elsa; I'm asking for reimbursement for my time.  If she and Great Mouse want to pursue such things and take away a little girl's apron, then the cookie-making fun with a beloved grandmother would be affected.  Things are always more fun with a favorite apron!  *Assumes the position, tube turner raised in mock sword fighting stance*  No one should mess with memory-making!
Thanks for letting me vent. *Sets soap box back in the closet*
How do you all deal with such issues?

« Last Edit: July 29, 2016 08:31:31 AM by JS » THIS ROCKS   Logged

God doesn't send people to hell.  He simply honors their choice.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #317 on: July 29, 2016 08:35:31 AM »

I accept cash....Grin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 29, 2016 11:19:23 AM »

It's reimbursement for your time. Not selling the fabric. I actually think that is the legal loophole.

And you aren't trying to make big bucks or anything. Churn out a few hundred hair bows and charge for them. You might have a problem then. Lol.

I agree with AIMR. Accept cash only. Cheesy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JS

** Life: an amazing adventure. Pack well. **

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 29, 2016 06:34:16 PM »

Grin  Grin  Grin

Gawd I love it here  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

God doesn't send people to hell.  He simply honors their choice.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding
Thankful DIY

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...