A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
241 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2016 Annual DeStash-Along  (Read 44710 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
gala_apples
« Reply #270 on: June 16, 2016 03:07:32 PM »

Donating a sewing machine? That's really awesome of you.

I found this peice of fabric in my mom's stash, so ugly it's cute. I will absolutely be making them into shorts for this June round.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
Harleydragon

You maybe big , but I ain't afraid of you !

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 16, 2016 04:29:10 PM »

I finally threw out about 20 cardboard boxes that I have been saving for "shipping"...I realized that at my job, we are constantly getting boxes delivered, so I will always have a supply and don't need to hoard them at home...hubby was happy because they were taking up room in the garage!

Challenge #2 Goals:

1.To identify and remove supplies that I know I will never use.  I am so petrified that if I get rid of something, I will suddenly need it...well, I have had macrame cord in my garage for 20 years now...I don't think I need it.
Do you still have your macrame cords in your garage ?? I love doing macrame and I am curious if you have any idea what size cords and how many do you have , I can think of something to make with it even jumbo beads for plant hanging . Let me know.......Harleydragon

I am going to tackle one drawer or one box a month and get rid of at least one thing.

2. Not impulse buy.  I am going to go over what I have first.  If I need something, I am going to make a list.  The only time I will buy something is if I am traveling.  I enjoy finding yarn or fabric from different places I visit.

3. Make something from stashed supplies weekly.  I think it is a bit of a challenge to use what you have.  I should get the creative juices flowing!

I am going to have to think about something white for myself...all I can think of right now is maybe a journal or some guest towels to embroider...very interesting....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happy moments, praise the lord
Difficult moments, seek the lord
Quiet moments, worship the lord
Painful moments, trust the lord
Every moments , thank the lord
Amen!
audio
Nobody could do that much découpage without calling on the powers of darkness.

stay weird

View Profile available for personal swaps
Re:
« Reply #272 on: June 21, 2016 05:06:52 PM »

I did some actual destashing last night!

I collect old reader books to use the pictures in for crafts,  well last night I went through all of them,  and pages I've already pulled out, and got rid of all the excess and pictures I knew I wouldn't use.  I also cut each picture out,  just a quick outline to down size the pile even more. 

I started out with 10 books and 3 scrapbook paper sized bins of pictures and narrowed it down to half a shoe box and three books.  Those three books had good pics all over the place so it would have taken so long to cut out.

I also found three books that didn't have any good pictures but have fantastic pages to make an altered journal out of.  Very sturdy and not too smooth.  Im excited to prep them and do some more art Journaling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DISCORD
Please pm me for a discord invite!
ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 21, 2016 08:40:57 PM »

Audio: That sounds amazing! I love using old children's book illustrations for cards! So I have two big envelopes full of pictures that I've pulled from books over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 03, 2016 04:59:40 PM »

I started out with a fairly organized embroidery floss supply but kept finding irresistible random bags of it at thrift stores and yard sales and ended up with messy containers and lots of loose floss. I dumped some out to better sort it...
...ACK!

Two days later I've got this:

It's so much more than I thought I had. It looks like a shelf in a store Tongue.
I've been doing some stitching and have used what felt like quite a bit of thread but, lol, looks like there's a lot left  Roll Eyes

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever the question, the answer is always CRAFTING! It's the fix for all the sicks. Makes me feel better every time.

and remember, ALWAYS USE THE GOOD BEADS, YARN, FABRIC!

Love you all, thank you so much for everything. XO
audio
Nobody could do that much découpage without calling on the powers of darkness.

stay weird

View Profile available for personal swaps
Re:
« Reply #275 on: July 03, 2016 05:04:27 PM »

It's so beautiful!!!! I love color coordinating!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DISCORD
Please pm me for a discord invite!
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: July 03, 2016 05:42:25 PM »

By my estimate you have about 850 cards of floss not counting the two large bins. That's a lot of thread to try to use up! I can imagine you sitting on your front porch stitching away until you're as old as I am. Good luck! Maybe you should teach the savages how to stitch. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

[email protected]
http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
211/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
JS

** Life: an amazing adventure. Pack well. **

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 03, 2016 06:55:34 PM »

Wow, awesome feltables and rainbow!

For a while I was doing well with destashing.  My craft room was tidy and I completed several projects.  Then I heard an awful rumor about a quilt fabric store closing.  Naturally this rumor needed investigating.

And we all know what happened next lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God doesn't send people to hell.  He simply honors their choice.
TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #278 on: July 03, 2016 08:41:30 PM »

WOWZERS! I haven't been able to check in here much for the last few month as I'm not able to be quite so crafty because I have been remodeling our kitchen and busy with other not-quite-crafty house-related projects, but HOO BOY have there been some neato things going on while I was gone! Y'all rock!

One of my house projects was sort of redoing the clothesline that came with our house. Last fall I repainted the standards and just recently I had them drilled for eye bolts and put up new line... which means I finally got around to making the clothespin holder I've been ruminating over for nearly four years! I went with the apron style and was able to get something that I think is really cute using only materials I had on hand!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy
Pinterest
My Etsy: Bubble Off Plumb Productions

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 89
'19 FPs: 84
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #279 on: July 04, 2016 06:13:37 AM »

Seeing all of that floss makes me happy! So neat and organized!

I love having brethren that are like me in collecting "supplies"...I was able to knit two triangle scarves/shawls because I had yarn in my stash and did not have to go out this weekend at all!

Love that peg apron!  What a wonderful separate post on the story of it!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...