A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
264 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2016 Annual DeStash-Along  (Read 44709 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2016 03:56:49 PM »

You are so talented!  I love these boxes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
calliemae
« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2016 05:32:56 PM »

Beautiful gift boxes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitted Items in 2016:
Finished projects in 2016:

https://www.pinterest.com/calistaemilymae/
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2016 05:59:30 PM »

I admit to saving calendars...I have quite a large box full...I mostly use the pages to make paper beads and for junk journals...those boxes are lovely!

I don't really have a use for small boxes, but I love the idea of recycling those pretty pages...!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2016 07:09:56 PM »

You are so talented!  I love these boxes!

I had made these types of boxes as a kid and found few tutorials to refresh my memory on pinterest.

I admit to saving calendars...I have quite a large box full...I mostly use the pages to make paper beads and for junk journals...those boxes are lovely!

I don't really have a use for small boxes, but I love the idea of recycling those pretty pages...!

Thanks!

Haha! And I have little use for paper beads, so we're even steven. I made and give enough small things that I that I think I'll use these over the next couple of years. I have found myself actually buying boxes which drives me crazy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy
Pinterest
My Etsy: Bubble Off Plumb Productions

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 89
'19 FPs: 84
stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2016 07:28:30 AM »

Yay for the first few projects of the year!!

When I was cleaning my studio, I made a stack of fun fabrics that were down to pretty small pieces. That included a handful of pieces already cut into 6-inch squares, so that was my starting point. I just ironed and cut 6-inch squares until I ran out of fabric. When all was said and done, I had 130ish squares, enough to do at least 2 simple blankets. Perfect because I needed two baby gifts. I have to admit, I did buy new bias tape, but I really did need it and didn't have time to make any. BUT I did use it all up, so I didn't add to my stash.  Smiley With this first one, I had to get creative with the back because my fabric wasn't wide enough. The second one is still in progress, but I should be done soon.

These two gifts were made for the January Pinterest swap, also for a baby. I made this blanket all out of leftover flannel from various projects made for my son. The hat was made out of a single skien of yarn I couldn't pass up buying three years ago. It was a very rare crocheting project because now crocheting hurts my wrists so bad. Sad But it turned out really cute, so I am happy.

When we got married, my husband and I registered for this tray and it hasn't gotten used much. For years, it has been corraling random craft suppplies. But now we got a new couch and I want to use it for drinks and whatnot as we have no side table. There is no before pic because it was boring as hell, but it looks better now! I used some home paint from the mis-mix bin at Home Depot...I got it for 50 cents a year ago. I also cut a page out of an old calendar I saved featuring different pages out of illuminated Jewish texts. The hexies are salvaged gift wrap from this Christmas. It still needs several coats of mod podge and a clear coat, but this is pretty much it.

Besides the baby blanket, I really don't have a lot of projects on the horizon. I plan on spending most of my free time painting because I have a few gallery shows to apply to. BUT I will be fulfilling this months challenge of making something for myself.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016 07:29:30 AM by stellato_escuro » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you need some art for your walls, check out everything I create in my studio, Daydream House:
daydreamhouse.co
facebook.com/daydreamkate/
instagram.com/daydream_house
pinterest: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #135 on: January 26, 2016 07:52:10 AM »

I just love scrap quilts!  They both turned out so lovely--the owls one is so cute!  Looks like you plowed through some stash!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whatthepuck
« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2016 01:43:47 PM »

The old calendar boxes are awesome. Great idea. I have a tropical island calendar that I've kept for a "I'm going to find something to do with it one day" project.

I love the owl quilt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Message me for address or facebook info.
Instagram
Little Visitor
Etsy
TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #137 on: January 27, 2016 05:51:15 AM »

stellato_escuro is winning at scrap fabric stash busting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy
Pinterest
My Etsy: Bubble Off Plumb Productions

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 89
'19 FPs: 84
stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

« Reply #138 on: January 27, 2016 03:52:03 PM »

I forgot! I did make something for myself. I took a skein of wool that I looooove and crocheted over my headphones.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you need some art for your walls, check out everything I create in my studio, Daydream House:
daydreamhouse.co
facebook.com/daydreamkate/
instagram.com/daydream_house
pinterest: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #139 on: January 27, 2016 04:56:34 PM »

Those headphones are so pretty! I wonder if I could do something similar with knotting embroidery floss like a friendship bracelet around the cord.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not goodbye friends - find me on the reddit group, on instagram @oceanna.kolb and oceanna.kolb at gmail. <3<3<3
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...