A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
248 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2016 Annual DeStash-Along  (Read 44721 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
gala_apples
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2016 03:50:52 PM »

The first sewn shirt of the year! It fits the January theme stripes, obviously. It could maybe fit white, since that's about all the white I wear to work (daycare), but I might as well use the excuse to make a second shirt next week, right?

I used up all of the yellow/white/blue striped material. I still have about a metre of the blue left, but I love blue, so it'll easily be made something else.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2016 04:37:29 PM »

Loving that shirt is it made from stretch knit?Huh  Perfect for work it looks comfortable great style also!

I too have a button board on my pinterest........... a cute Santa pattern for a quilted wall hanging where his beard is all buttons.  Maybe if I dig out the pattern, one my mom gave me I can work on some and be ahead for the Christmas swaps next year.   

I have made some cute gingerbread spool and button ornaments, snowflakes and as a child my mom's can of buttons kept me occupied for hours.   Wall quilts, cards, extras in swap packages wood crafts just to name a few.

My buttons do relax me...........as far as who gets my stash , I keep hoping my son will marry someone who loves to craft.....but I also have plans this year to send a few things out to my crafty friends as extras in swaps.  Seems I get into a craft and stick there for a while right now sewing has topped my list.   

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wile E Songdog
« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2016 08:54:28 PM »

I went ahead and started a Thing-A-Day Craftalong challenge thread. It starts February 1st.
Make a thing a day and destash at the same time!
If you're interested. https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=442577.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandykaye
« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2016 04:42:53 PM »

All the photos are very inspiring so far! I have so many sparkly beads that I hoard just because they are so pretty to look at hehe! I am thinking of expanding a couple of t-shirts that I love but I have "outgrown" over the past year Sad I just sorted through some supplies today and got my new little sewing machine out so maybe I can get some projects done this weekend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gala_apples
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2016 08:07:37 PM »

yeah Quaggy, it's stretch knit. Comfort is my work aesthetic, because lets face it, I spend basically the entire day crawling on the floor and picking up toddlers to relocate them.

Mandykaye, you should absolutely reclaim your own shirts! I have a plan to try a recon on an old t-shirt of my mom's, and if it works, then spend a tenner at a thrift store for a few cool t-shirts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
whatthepuck
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2016 05:21:11 AM »

I'm kind of jealous of the button collection.

I love up and down stripes. It seems that they are always horizontal. Not very flattering on me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Message me for address or facebook info.
Instagram
Little Visitor
Etsy
HolographicDreams
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2016 03:35:45 PM »

Speaking of which, who has some good ways to use up lots of buttons? I have about a shoebox full!

I used to volunteer at a senior home. One of the residents had, essentially, made a Christmas tree mosaic using buttons and broken jewelry pieces, framed it, and hung it on her door. Literally everyone who walked past commented on it. Cute for Christmas, but think of all the other possibilities! Eggs for Easter, Jack-o-Lanterns/black cats and moons for Halloween, fandom things.... 

I must not buy more buttons... I must not buy more buttons.... Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2016 02:45:12 PM »

Great stashes are yielding great projects you guys!

I have been holding on to free wall calendars sent by our financial adviser over the years. Today I made several gift boxes from the pretty landscape photos in them.

Here's the post: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=442624.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy
Pinterest
My Etsy: Bubble Off Plumb Productions

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 89
'19 FPs: 84
quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2016 03:08:44 PM »

Those are so pretty.......I just chunked a dozen or so calendars from years back that I had hoped to do something with and during one of my why do you still have this moods they ended up in the trash.

Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2016 03:47:42 PM »

Those are so pretty.......I just chunked a dozen or so calendars from years back that I had hoped to do something with and during one of my why do you still have this moods they ended up in the trash.

Great job!

Thanks! I had calendars from way back, but I didn't allow myself to move them when we moved from Oregon to Montana. I gotta make myself draw lines!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy
Pinterest
My Etsy: Bubble Off Plumb Productions

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 89
'19 FPs: 84
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...