A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
298 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2016 Annual DeStash-Along  (Read 44713 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2016 07:43:30 PM »

I really need to destash this year.....I could probably never leave the house and not run out of supplies.   Yes I have been hoarding a very long time.  First up some things that I have made from my stash so far this year!

Joined the scrappy trip around the world quilt block swap and sent to 3 partners 4 blocks each here are the results.

I decided these were so fun and I would need some to add to the blocks that my partners send to me......so back to my fabric and 8 blocks for me!

A crafty friend asked me to do a personal swap she needed a pillow with her sons name on it for a birthday gift.....lucky me star wars was a possible theme and I just happened to be hoarding some star wars fabric.  I did have to buy the 24 inch pillow insert as I have no good place to store those, but yea me got rid of some fabric........lol you will see later in  my post what I mean.

As I was digging through some of my fabric I found this cute....yep that is why I bought it a few years back......construction truck panel.  The other supervisor at work has a grandson who is 4 and loves these.....so much that his mom, dad, grandma, grandpa and uncle have each been officially named one of these construction vehicles by him.  I dug a little more and came up with some more fabric that went really good with the panel and made him a quilt.

I even managed to use the big left over chunk of one piece on the back.

I was feeling pretty good since we are only 19 days into the new year until I decided to share 3 items from my stash........a little embarrassed...but this is a support group right? Grin

Here is my thread stash

In the top picture the two top right containers flip over and this is the other side.

Here's my embroidery floss collection......carded and in numerical order....all is DMC except the one box to the left is an assortment of all types of threads.

and a major obsession.....buttons.... Tongue  Right up there with fabric!

Here is a close up

These 2 are all carded buttons

Loose buttons by color

Then not in the pictures are a lot of themed buttons like fish, cupcakes, cars, halloween, Christmas etc.

Yes I am a collector, and hoarder of craft supplies....I have a weakness for fabric, buttons and thread among a few other things.  They are my drugs to reduce stress, stay active and brighten someone's day........ My craft room is a happy place!

« Last Edit: January 19, 2016 08:11:58 PM by quaggy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2016 10:06:17 PM »

That Star Wars pillow is perfect for any fan, not just little boys! Lucky guy!

Don't know which I envy more, the button collection or the floss, but at least you have them extremely well organized. I'd think that makes them easy to access and use. Now you just need three or four more lifetimes in which to use them all!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

[email protected]
http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
211/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

stay weird

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2016 10:17:49 PM »

That button collection is amazing! So pretty AND useful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DISCORD
Please pm me for a discord invite!
Wile E Songdog
« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2016 10:54:52 PM »

Maybe I'm weird but I think sorting all those buttons by color might be soothing. I kind of want to do it but I have no where near that many buttons.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2016 06:27:43 AM »

Quaggy...you NEVER need to shop...you can shop in your craft room!!!!

Those blocks are just awesome...looks like you used a small amount of your humongous stash Grin.

That construction quilt is wonderful...and the pillow...now that is vintage Star Wars!!  I really love the idea of putting a name over the printed fabric...I will have to store that idea!

I hate to say it, but in comparison, I feel much better about my stash of buttons and threads...Grin. I hope you have made plans on who is getting your stash, because it will probably last a few lifetimes...Grin.  I have willed my fabrics to MareMare, a dear moderator friend of mine...I guess she can have my thread and buttons, too! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2016 07:09:43 AM »

WOWZERS, Quaggy! I am very impressed with how organized your GIMUNGOUS STASH is! And it's wonderful how much you have accomplished with your stash in just a few weeks this year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy
Pinterest
My Etsy: Bubble Off Plumb Productions

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 89
'19 FPs: 84
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2016 10:30:05 AM »

quaggy I'm drooling over all your variegated floss and color organized buttons!

Speaking of which, who has some good ways to use up lots of buttons? I have about a shoebox full!

Maybe I'm weird but I think sorting all those buttons by color might be soothing.

I am the same - totally love organizing things like that. When I did all my new floss I just put on a podcast and sat down with it for a while, it was nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not goodbye friends - find me on the reddit group, on instagram @oceanna.kolb and oceanna.kolb at gmail. <3<3<3
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2016 11:23:30 AM »

Speaking of which, who has some good ways to use up lots of buttons? I have about a shoebox full!

You mean other than gifting them to all your Craftster friends?  Smiley  They make great additions to cards and tags, art quilts, wall art, mixed media pieces, clothing embellishments, and I've also used them to make Christmas tree ornaments (starting at the bottom, stack 2-3 brown buttons, then add large to progressively smaller green buttons, top with a yellow star-shaped button - Voila! - a tree for your tree. They can be strung on ribbon or cord to assemble or just glued together as you go. Another ornament involves glueing 4 popscicle sticks together in a crisscross shape, then covering the sticks with a wide variety of white buttons to create snowflakes.) I'd also suggest doing a search online for button crafts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

[email protected]
http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
211/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2016 11:49:19 AM »

I received a square wooden frame one year with buttons glued all over the front.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
elliot_anne
« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2016 01:47:55 PM »

quaggy: I love that second trip around the world quilt block! And omg I am absolutely drooling over your button collection!

acadian driftwood: I have a pinterest board just for button crafts - here's the direct link: https://www.pinterest.com/elliot_anne/craft-buttons/ Personally, I kind of want to make an Up House embroidery with buttons as all the balloons...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...