A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
285 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2016 Annual DeStash-Along  (Read 44708 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2016 03:15:51 PM »

Found this picture
The signs are true but my material has never been that organized
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gala_apples
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2016 04:48:17 PM »

I'm now putting together a scrappy pair of pants that hopefully WON'T look scrappy when finished. My boss is a stickler for going outside with the kids no matter what the temperature, which means that when it's -36 I have to wear sweatpants to work. Professional attire isn't super important. Not freezing when outside for 45 minutes is.

I found this peice of primary blue in my stash, perfect for matching all my thousands of shades of blue shirts. Problem is, it was only a little over a metre. I need 2.4 metres to make a pair of pants. So I cut out of the back of the pants in it, then went to the fabric store. I matched blues as closely as I could, and cut the front out of the new stuff. I also didn't have any long lengths of elastic, so I sewed a bunch of short peices together, and the waist is gonna be 3 different stubs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2016 04:58:29 PM »

Trina, thanks for posting the fabric stash photo. Wish mine looked that interesting.  Cheesy

Gala, you must work for the Abominable Snowman. Doesn't she know that it's dangerous to have little kids outside in that kind of temperature, especially for that long? Good luck with the pants project. Looking forward to seeing the finished clothing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

[email protected]
http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
211/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2016 06:38:33 PM »

That picture is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
cmarion3
Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2016 06:43:00 PM »

I saw a blog on "How to fold your Stash". Whaat? There's a right way? I have organized and folded my stash...the smaller stuff at least. And then....ooh I can use that swatch and that one and there must be one in here somewhere and ooo I want the one from the bottom. And then I reject half and add more and then....where did all the folding go? And I don't have time to put it all away right now....I'm in the middle of creating here. And wait, there's a deadline for that now.

So I don't fold much any more, but I do try to pile it on the shelf in some sort of color order.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Must craft....must craft.....
J_Kieviet
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2016 10:13:36 PM »

Well this week we're putting away Christmas stuff, so I've got 2 shower curtains that won't work in our new house, but still look good and it's actually 100% quilters cotton, might make them in to "Elf skirts" for delivering our gift bags to TOPS next year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for the free row by row patterns.  If you are able to get me one from your town I will paypal you $2 for postage.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2016 09:38:49 AM »

Those pants sound incredible!  I can't wait to see them...I really don't make much clothing anymore, yet I have loads of fabric for clothing and the supplies...like a reel of waistband elastic...Grin.

I realized when I was making scrappy quilt blocks that I have a fear of using up my fabric stash...I think the thing for me to do is to cut a small piece out of each piece and "save" it...then I won't be afraid to use it for a project because I still have a bit for my own projects...

I wish my fabrics looked that good...I can relate to all of those sentiments, however...especially the "don't remember why I even have this fabric!"...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2016 01:18:02 PM »

I was given this neat magnifying glass for Christmas. I didn't want the lens to get all scratched up, but I knew that mostly it would be kept in a drawer, so I decided to make a case for it.

It's ALL stash! Costume vinyl (remnant bin), craft felt (left over), wood button (gift), thread (vintage inherited). YAHOO!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy
Pinterest
My Etsy: Bubble Off Plumb Productions

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 89
'19 FPs: 84
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2016 04:05:56 PM »

How wonderful is it to be so crafty that you can make anything that is needed!!!  Lovely and practical...that button was meant to be for this project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2016 05:21:48 PM »

How wonderful is it to be so crafty that you can make anything that is needed!!!  Lovely and practical...that button was meant to be for this project!

Well, not anything! But it is nice to know that you can take care of certain things if you have the time and access to materials, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy
Pinterest
My Etsy: Bubble Off Plumb Productions

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 89
'19 FPs: 84
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...