A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
290 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2016 Annual DeStash-Along  (Read 44712 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
calliemae
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2016 08:28:49 PM »

I've been trying to use up some of my yarn collection by knitting up some hats for a winter wear drive my church has been hosting.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2016 08:30:07 PM by calliemae » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitted Items in 2016:
Finished projects in 2016:

https://www.pinterest.com/calistaemilymae/
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2016 09:03:45 PM »

So generous of you to spend that much time making the hats, then giving them away. I've found that to so often be the case with Craftster members. Just a lot of talented, nice people.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016 06:23:38 PM by kbrison » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

[email protected]
http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
211/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

stay weird

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2016 09:39:30 PM »

I love making an organized craft room stellato! It looks great!

Callie Mae those are beautiful hats! Very nice of you to make them!

My current project is more of a clothes destash but it has craft qualities! I'm taking a bunch of my tee shirts and making a blanket out of them!!! I got them all laid out today and I gotta say I'm so excited! There are 25 I have at the moment and probably 10-15 more around here somewhere. That's going to clear up some much needed space in my closet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DISCORD
Please pm me for a discord invite!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2016 07:17:55 AM »

Most of my t-shirts are solid and boring...yours look like they will make a nice memory blanket!

I think I will pack mine up and send them to a friend who likes to make t-shirt yarn for crafts...thanks for the reminder to destash some clothing that I would have probably hoarded! ha ha

caliiemae--all of you knits are lovely...and going to good causes...I love the yellow hat!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016 07:18:29 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

HolographicDreams
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2016 12:15:01 PM »

Just what I need! I recently moved from a two bedroom home to a (small by any but NY standards!) one bedroom apartment. A lot of my stash had to be donated, given away, or thrown away before the move but I'm realizing I still have too much. Or maybe I just need to organize it better. Or maybe I just haven't used it for a while with the move and want an excuse to get crafty. Whatever.

My (current, subject to change) goals for Challenge #2:
1: Make at least one project from each "section" of my stash this year. E.G., fabric, papers, stickers, jewelry supplies, etc. etc....
2: Use or get rid of some of the stranger "Well I'll use it to make ____" items that have been hanging around for a while.
3: Okay, so I wouldn't usually count this as stash busting (am I the only one who feels they have to own stuff for a while before it really becomes "stash" material?), but it is a crafty goal anyway: I found a fantastic solid wood rocker at a thrift store, and intend to paint it for my niece's birthday this summer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaudiknight
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2016 06:21:43 PM »

3: Okay, so I wouldn't usually count this as stash busting (am I the only one who feels they have to own stuff for a while before it really becomes "stash" material?), but it is a crafty goal anyway: I found a fantastic solid wood rocker at a thrift store, and intend to paint it for my niece's birthday this summer.

I know exactly what you mean about how it takes a while from something to go from "craft material" to stash.  If I just buy it because I like it, then it's stash.  But things that are bought for specific projects and then used for those specific projects aren't stash.  Material bought for a specific project that then languishes for 18 months, well... that might be stash.  And then there's the "new" stuff...

At the new year I declared that everything is now stash (except the black-out material to line my curtains, and quilt fabric for a friend's baby).  For some reason I don't consider things like thread and notions to be stash - they're just too useful.  Then there's the buttons.  I keep telling myself those aren't stash, those are a collection.  And for some reason I count my washi tape as an office supply rather than a craft material.  There is no logic here.

I got my stash photographed today, but I'm still in the process of getting everything put away and cleaned up since I started purging and organizing at the same time.  I'll have something to show for myself tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2016 06:47:01 PM »

Thread, buttons, adhesives, paintbrushes, patterns, etc. are tools critical to the elimination of stash. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Stash items are all those surplus or unassigned expendables that are hogging my craft space, i.e., the fun foam I used for posters and bulletin boards when I was still teaching, the cardstock or papers that were left from pads after I've used the sheets I really wanted, or the extra fabric that I bought so I'd have enough just in case I made a mistake or wanted to make more of something. [Define "stash" in 100 words or less. Number of sentences is optional!]

So the 15 fabric book panels I bought earlier today aren't stash until they've sat around for at least a year. They're intended to become birthday and Christmas gifts for the youngest of my great-great nieces and one g-g nephew.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

[email protected]
http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
211/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
CamOovas
Don't drink and craftster.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2016 10:39:18 AM »

Well, I haven't been active on Craftster in a couple years (blame Pinterest) but I haven't stopped hoarding (again, blame Pinterest).  I think I need to get in on this thread!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wile E Songdog
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2016 05:14:11 PM »

I expect to have some overlap with this thread and the 50 projects thread. I definitely need to organize to help me destash.

For challenge #2, goals.
1) organize fabric and patterns - I have a file cabinet I want to use for this that I want to clean up and repaint first.
2) organize beads and findings
3) work on one recycle/upcycle project per month.
4) work on one other project monthly, either from my idea list, Pinterest or something from one of my many craft books.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandykaye
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2016 12:52:07 AM »

Hello everyone! I haven't been active on here for over a year so I feel like a newbie again! I really haven't done any projects for that long as well, so my stash has been sitting and waiting for me Wink I think this is the best place to start to get back into the groove and maybe pick up some new techniques/ideas.

Challenge #1 (not sure what I will make yet)
Supplies:

Embroidery thread, felt, canvas, paint, stencils, bits of material, lots of papery stuff, beads and baubles, miscellaneous pieces, paracord, duct tape, stack of t-shirts for a quilt

Challenge #2
Goals:

#1 to get back into the swing of things and use up items that have been sitting around for ages.

Pretty much my only goal.
 Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...