A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
250 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2016 Annual DeStash-Along  (Read 44719 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
gala_apples
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2016 02:55:40 PM »

I've started working on my first scrappy shirt. It's a combination of blue florals. One of the scraps was saved from a whole shirt my mom made me in 7th grade. That's fifteen years ago!

Bookbinding- that sounds really cool. Do you have a machine to stamp out the holes, or is it the kind where you stitch up the sides?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
J_Kieviet
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2016 10:00:23 PM »

Used up a few spools of thread, and have cut up a bunch of scraps for my niece to use in a string quilt.  I've almost finished using up the bolt of heat resistant fabric I bough, and in my current stash I think I only have about 15-20 metres fabric -2m Black/blue poly print - blouse
-2m green knit - t-shirt
-2m purple knit - t-shirt
-2m star flannelette - pj pants
-4m green chiffon - blouse/tree leaves
-2m fleece - sweater
-2m pj fleece - pj top

That's it for fabric - goal is to use it ALL up in the next 6 weeks, no buying more until it's used up!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016 07:53:12 PM by J_Kieviet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for the free row by row patterns.  If you are able to get me one from your town I will paypal you $2 for postage.
muddy21
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2016 04:16:00 PM »

I'm up for giving this a try - anything to help me get a bit more organized and actually completing things occasionally.  I've gone off the swaps for a while now because I'm worried I'll lose steam mid-swap and flake out, which I really don't want to do.  I'll see what I can get done here and then think about a return to swaps.

I've been meaning to make myself a string of prayer flags so this might be a good time.  White (or at least unbleached) muslin for the backing, stripes should be do-able, and birds for sure.  I'll try to take a few pics in the daylight one day if I can find a corner that's not too embarrassing!  Good luck to us all!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

texscrapper
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2016 05:32:43 PM »

Ok .... here's my stash. Please excuse the messy craft room - I finished 10 projects in 5 days and haven't straightened yet  Grin

Closet 1: Fabric, misc supplies on shelves and on door hanger include pictures to scrapbook, rubber stamps, paints, glass, etching, crayon making, glycerin soap supplies, and other misc items.

Closet 2: Scrapbook paper, more fabric, jewelry making supplies, snap supplies, ribbons and fibers sorted by color, and misc items -

Tub of scrap fabric and off to the left a large basket of rolls of vinyl

And last but not least: White drawers contain glues, adhesives, sewing notions, elastics, buttons, Velcro, etc. Blue containers hold patterns, embroidery supplies (stabilizers, etc), embroidery blanks, whimsys, and various bits and pieces of supplies.

Also not pictured: a cabinet full of fleece and flannel fabric, a basket of bolts of interfacing, and my kiddos craft closet in their toy room. That one has paints, glitter, markers, crayons, stickers, etc ........

Ladies, I may have a problem ......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2016 02:16:41 AM »

I don't see a problem. You seem very organized. I like all your closets and bins. And great idea to separate the kiddo stuff. Maybe that is what I should do to free up some space here in my papercraft office. My house got "stuffy" when I moved in a roommate in my spare bedroom. I still haven't sorted all that. Christmas jumped in the way  Roll Eyes And health issues.

The problem with getting rid of everything, is that you just have to buy more to create something. And sometimes the items I have can inspire a project, so it is nice to see some stuff to start with. Where I don't have to drain my brain to come up with something. That, and I live rural, so our craft stores are limited to what I can find when I do need stuff. And I have transportation issues to deal with, too.

But, I intend this next year to commit myself to some projects, and share in some supply swaps, and use up some of the stuff that has been sticking around for forever. I have 5 stacks of denim jeans about 4 foot high, each. It is a good thing that I saved them, though. I was recently ill and lost about 30 pounds. It was nice to go "shopping" in my craft room  Grin And find some new ones that fit. I like to make gardening aprons out of them. And used some for a Ninni I made for roscowtown. Suni the sunflower girl. I wish I had pictures of that one, Laurel? She is very hillbilly, with a sunflower face. I think she turned out cute.

When I find the time to figure out my silly camera, I will post some pics of my 2016 progress. I had that stupid camera cord all along. I didn't realize it came apart from the recharge plug  Roll Eyes Now I have misplaced the manual. Time to clean up in here. I know it is in one of these piles. I hope my camera does not put all the pictures sideways. Lots of members seem to have an issue with that. Can't you just turn the item sideways and take the picture? Then it will turn itself upright. Just my logical thinking. Don't know yet if that would actually work.

I have been spending lots of time in doctor offices as of late, so crafting has been secondary. And I miss it. Hey, I pedaled 2 miles in 8 minutes today  Cheesy And survived the physical therapy torture chamber. I hate that one. I got to play a video game with my feet   Shocked Balance therapy. I am dizzy and fall down a lot. We are working to change that, and add strength to myself.

But here is to crafting challenges for 2016. May we all be blessed in the New Year  Grin

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2016 04:33:04 AM »

Believe me, that is NOT a problem!  That, my friend, is a crafty solution to any crafting needs you may have!

(You know, it's like the glass half full/half empty analogy....)   Roll Eyes Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
texscrapper
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2016 05:52:13 AM »

The bigger problem is that I continue to buy things, especial fabric, because it's soooooo pretty and irresistible! I have got to start using some of it. This is why I love swaps - I don't feel bad about using all the pretty fabric on my partners Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2016 08:10:49 AM »

I think I drooled a little, texscrapper.... Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HSG
Tutorial Contributor

Oy Vey!

He says I color his world

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2016 11:25:15 AM »

I think I drooled a little, texscrapper.... Grin Grin
Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

B'H
Proud Army Mom, Hoaah!!!
Help Fight Breast Cancer
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2016 12:12:56 PM »

I can avoid adding to my fabric stash by craft supply shopping at Michael's, but then I add to my papercrafting supplies instead! What's a girl to do? Then there's the huge quilt show in OKC this weekend, so I'll hit all the vendors there, of course!

I freely admit that I have reached QBLE status (Queue Beyond Life Expectancy).  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

[email protected]
http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
211/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...