A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 314,218
Currently Running With Scissors:
254 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2016 Annual DeStash-Along  (Read 41264 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

gaudiknight
« on: January 01, 2016 07:37:30 AM »

2016 Annual DeStash-Along

Macro Threads 4 by nickcummins, on Flickr

Stashes are an inevitable part of the crafting process.  They start out small (that skein of yarn you just had to have, even though you don't know what you are going to make with it) and slowly grow to epic proportions (two fat quarters, three tubes of beads, four yards of corduroy, 5 jars that are too good to recycle, etc. etc. etc).  After a while you may realize that you have enough pipe-cleaners to re-wire your house, and that you can't put your coat away because the hall closet is entirely full of batting, pompoms, and googly eyes.  Non-crafters might see this as a problem, but we see it as a wonderful opportunity for creativity.

Whatever your craft (embroidery, beading, sewing, welding), type of stash (fabric, yarn, bits of string too small to save), or motivation (frugality, boredom, freeing up space for more supplies) we hope you will joint us here as we spend the year shopping our stash to make marvelous things!  There will be monthly themes and challenges to inspire you or be ignored as the spirit moves you, discussions, encouragement, and happy crafting.  We've been doing this since 2009 and had a lot of fun along the way.  We hope you do too!

Previous DeStash-Along Threads can be found here, for more information and inspiration
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016 07:38:21 AM »

Hold for themes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016 07:39:05 AM »

Hold just in case
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016 07:45:26 AM »

January Themes

Rising Sun Thread by Carrie Cizauskas, on Flickr

Color: White
For: Yourself
Pattern: Stripes
Inspiration: Birds
Challenge #1: Take stock of your stash.  Marvel at all the great things in there.  Share some pics with the rest of us if you are feeling very brave
Challenge #2: Make some goals.  Share them here.  Write them on a post it and stick it above your craft space.  Embroider them on your hankie.  Spray-paint them on the side of your house.  Tattoo them on your arm.  Whatever works for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quaggy
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016 08:27:41 AM »

I am in again this year....of course like New Years I started out posting with a bang then drifted away.  New goal is too post everything I craft.  I really need to use up some of my fabric, button and paper stash.  Maybe a few photos when I get the chance.  My first projects for the new year are for a swap I am in and a personal swap so I get to start downsizing my fabric. I am also working on a small quilt for a coworker and have plans to continue joining the quilt block swaps.  I have enough blocks from prior round's that I also want to add to my list of things to complete.  Let's see if I can make it to the craft room today to start out de-stashing!  Happy New Years All!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rantyhippie
Carnivore Extrordinaire

Drunken Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016 10:22:05 AM »

I still have stash to bust. My mother in law gave me even more fabric (and a quilting table that belonged to her mother) when they came to visit for Christmas. I need to get sewing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Respect ghosts and gods, but keep away from them -Confucius

www.etsy.com/shop/BlackbirdRanch

pinterest.com/artisticgamer
gaudiknight
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016 12:22:25 PM »

I went to wish my great-aunt a Happy New Year and drop off some baked goods and left with a bag stuffed full of fabric.  The struggle continues.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016 01:46:08 PM »

I finally threw out about 20 cardboard boxes that I have been saving for "shipping"...I realized that at my job, we are constantly getting boxes delivered, so I will always have a supply and don't need to hoard them at home...hubby was happy because they were taking up room in the garage!

Challenge #2 Goals:

1.To identify and remove supplies that I know I will never use.  I am so petrified that if I get rid of something, I will suddenly need it...well, I have had macrame cord in my garage for 20 years now...I don't think I need it.

I am going to tackle one drawer or one box a month and get rid of at least one thing.

2. Not impulse buy.  I am going to go over what I have first.  If I need something, I am going to make a list.  The only time I will buy something is if I am traveling.  I enjoy finding yarn or fabric from different places I visit.

3. Make something from stashed supplies weekly.  I think it is a bit of a challenge to use what you have.  I should get the creative juices flowing!

I am going to have to think about something white for myself...all I can think of right now is maybe a journal or some guest towels to embroider...very interesting....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
calliemae
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016 02:28:36 PM »

I went to wish my great-aunt a Happy New Year and drop off some baked goods and left with a bag stuffed full of fabric.  The struggle continues.

That sounds like my entire Christmas. Every time I visited a relative I left with bags full of stuff. Enabling the addiction.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitted Items in 2016:
Finished projects in 2016:

https://www.pinterest.com/calistaemilymae/
TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2016 02:52:16 PM »

I'm liking the look of this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy: http://suddenlytaxidermy.blogspot.com/
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/themistresst
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleOffPlumb

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 45
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fancy Solar Lighting
Tute Tuesday: Fabric Paper
Craftster Rocks!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...