A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
181 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 181
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: 50 Projects 2016---Busy Hands are Happy Hands!  (Read 180162 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: May 28, 2016 12:20:48 PM »

Yup!  It was the peruvian print...so ugly in the skein but so pretty when worked with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
yoopidou
« Reply #1191 on: May 28, 2016 12:23:52 PM »

About the lei's. You made 26 candy leis? OMG! You are superwoman. I love the candy ones. Thats such a fun idea. Im late to the lei game. All we had were ribbon ones here in Texas. So I have questions. Are the tea leaves real? What are the coconut ones made out of? Those are so cool! Awesome job. Those little flowers are gorgeous. After graduation do they keep them forever? I would.
The Ti plant is very common here and the leaves take a long time to turn brown, that makes them great for leis. The ti plant gives leaves about 2 to 3 hands long and 1 1/2 hand wide. I had to cut the to halves and then cut vaguely pointy/rectangular shapes about 2 or 3 fingers wide and two fingers long.  I'm sure you could use whatever leaves you can find in your area. The coconut balls are made from two long thin strips of coconut leaf. I cut a coconut palm then cut a leaf from the palm, that's the long thin pointy green thing. I removed the stiff rib and so had two long thin strips of coconut leaf that I then could weave.
Yes, they keep the leis forever. Not the flower leis though, they are kept even after they turn brown and dry but eventually, they will get discarded.

Your socks are gorgeous, I love the effect of the "ribs" with the variegated colors of the wool. Two days only???

Kbrison,  your quilts are beautiful. The first one is my favorite because it has lots of colors and animals in the center squares. The purse is gorgeous.

That Halloween crow , Alwaysinmyroom.
The stitch you used for the baby blanket is charming. Is it knitted or done with a crochet?

I love the scarf two: the colors, the stripes, the lines of green. Now, I want to find this yarn and make myself a scarf too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dewshinesdopp
« Reply #1192 on: May 28, 2016 04:37:06 PM »

What's the name of the yarn brand and of the colorway, if I may ask?  Cheesy

I once saw a yarn similar to that by Red Heart.  Every time I saw it, though, I'd be like "ewwww".  Then, lo and behold, I had to make something with it someday and the colorways were indeed beautiful.  Smiley

Lol.  You are speaking a foreign language, ladybugsandbumblebees.
The extent of my knowledge of yarn is...*blinks stupidly*  It's yarn.   Huh

My local Michael's had trash bag sized "grab bags" of yarn for $5 about two years ago, and I bought a couple of them in order to eventually learn to use yarn. 

Also, what's a "colorway"?  I truly am clueless about these things.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: May 28, 2016 05:39:52 PM »

You are too funny, dewshinesdopp!  Your local Michael's had TRASH SIZED GRAB BAGS OF YARN FOR FIVE DOLLARSHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Why doesn't my local Michael's do that??!!  How lucky you are!

A 'colorway' is what the yarn company named the yarn.  Like I bought a neon green skein of yarn the other day and the colorway was 'Glo Worm'!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
yoopidou
« Reply #1194 on: May 28, 2016 10:45:53 PM »

You are too funny, dewshinesdopp!  Your local Michael's had TRASH SIZED GRAB BAGS OF YARN FOR FIVE DOLLARSHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Why doesn't my local Michael's do that??!!  How lucky you are!

A 'colorway' is what the yarn company named the yarn.  Like I bought a neon green skein of yarn the other day and the colorway was 'Glo Worm'!  Grin

Thanks, I learned something too: a colorway is not the yellow brick road. Wink

Agreed, you both are lucky, I don't even have a Michael's.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dewshinesdopp
« Reply #1195 on: May 29, 2016 03:32:32 AM »

They haven't done it since then, and I keep looking.  I guarantee I will buy more if they do it again. 
When they did it, I got 5 bags.  Two got donated to the local knitting group, because they make scarves and hats for charity.  One got donated to my son't school for art class. 

But, I totally admit that I kept the softest and coolest ones for myself.  *smiles guiltily*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: May 29, 2016 06:28:53 AM »

dewshinesdopp, don't feel guilty for keeping the one bag of yarn for yourself!  I would have kept ALL of them for myself!  Shocked Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley
« Reply #1197 on: May 29, 2016 12:33:36 PM »

16. Crocheted Bird

17.  Crocheted Mushroom

18. Dog Tug for Ray of Hope Dogs
I volunteer for Ray of Hope, a partner with an Animal Control Department in a nearby town that has Breed Specific Legislation.  We try to adopt out a lot of their Pit Bulls (and other dogs) in our town (BSL free!).  While we sit with the dogs at the adoption events, we play with them, or brush them, or whatever.  So I made a toy!  And I didn't get a picture until it'd be played with a bit. D

19. Felt Egg
During the Shop the Swap, I offered a "Mystery Egg" - a plastic Easter egg filled with misc. stuff.  A claim from overseas was made, and she offered to let me not use the egg, so I could flat pack it in an envelope, and save on postage. So I made her a flat egg!

20.  D&D Character Peg People
I painted these peg people for our Savage Worlds Superheroes game, they're our characters (I'm the Frost Maiden, powers of ice, and there are times I wish I had the Wolverine-like ice claws in real life!). 

21. Crocheted Ballerina

22-23. Tea Wallets

24. Crochet Jareth

25. Crochet Mouse

String of Origami Stars

THIS ROCKS   Logged
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: May 29, 2016 12:38:05 PM »

Question for you guys: Does anyone have any advice for sewing with a slippery silk brocade fabric? I have a beautiful pillowcase that never gets used but I might try to repurpose it into a top, but I've cut into it's twin before and it frays and falls apart in a heartbeat. Help?! Thanks  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bethntim
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: May 29, 2016 06:23:03 PM »

smeddly-what a wonderful array of goodies!  

I crocheted the front of a pillow cushion for my couch with the help of this photo tutorial
http://www.lookatwhatimade.net/crafts/yarn/crochet/block-a-week-cal-2014/block-32-crocodile-flower-photo-tutorial/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=pinterest&utm_medium=Look%20At%20What%20I%20Made%20%28Crochet%20Away%29&utm_content=Block%2032%3A%20%20The%20Crocodile%20Flower%20%20%7BPhoto%20Tutorial%7D

I've been looking high and low for this pattern, I found this one which seemed to be great except that the original designer decided to charge for this pattern but let the original poster keep the photos and a portion of the pattern on her website.  With a little ingenuity I reverse engineered it and used her fabulous pictures to guide me.  I'm very pleased now all I have to do is make a pillow insert and crochet a back on it
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016 06:25:18 PM by bethntim » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 181 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...