A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
156 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 181
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: 50 Projects 2016---Busy Hands are Happy Hands!  (Read 180276 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
smileyyogini
« Reply #1150 on: May 25, 2016 06:20:54 PM »

AIMR

I love the website hoop! Thats too funny. Oh my gosh! That skeleton hoop is amazing. What kind of glue do you use? Thats so awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1151 on: May 25, 2016 06:28:50 PM »

Your yarn projects are so lovely!  I love the baby sets...

What do you use inside the juggling balls?  I have some from Japan made of old kimono fabric...one of them broke and everything spilled out...not sure what it was...looks almost like beads?

The main thing with machine tension is first get your bobbin tension right...take out the bobbin holder and hold the thread with it dangling...it should not drop but you should be able to pull the thread out easily...adjust by using a tiny screwdriver in the screw on the side...tiny tiny amounts...once the bobbin is done, then check your threading and adjust the tension...again, a bit at a time...if the loops are underneath, you need to tighten on top...if the loops are on top, you need to loosen on top..the goal is not to have any loops...even...

Also, very important...don't use old thread or old needles...and check the opening on the feed dog plate...if it looks scarred or rough, use a metal nail file to smooth the tiny opening...threads can catch and mess up tension...after 50 years of sewing, I can almost do this in my sleep! Grin

Thanks!  I love making Halloween things!

I use many glues, but my main glue is E6000.  I sewed the skeletons onto the fabric and then used a brown Sharpie to blend the thread into the skeleton.  The accessories are glued and sewn...

Here is another shot so you can see how far they come out...and where I glued the front hands...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: May 25, 2016 07:16:47 PM »

I love the Halloween thingy you made, AIMR!  It's 3-D holiday art!
Congrats lindy on being made a mod!

A few random things I've made:

The random things are as follows:  a TM patch for the bag I want to make with them, a tallit pouch for my DD for her bat mitzvah, and the second fabric journal page I made for the swap.

I am wondering...for us gardeners out there...does that count as part of the craftalong?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
audio
Nobody could do that much découpage without calling on the powers of darkness.

stay weird

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1153 on: May 25, 2016 08:55:41 PM »

Very pretty projects bumblebees and ladybugs (can I call you bbalb?) The colors are very bright and cheerful! I love crafting with butterflys!

I made some ATCs for the ongoing swap, but I didn't have any note cards to send them in for protection so I used my gelliblock to whip out these "keep it weird" notecards!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

DISCORD
Please pm me for a discord invite!
audio

stay weird

« Reply #1154 on: May 25, 2016 10:59:46 PM »

Made a quick 2 part stencil/print. Just to see if I could. Haunted Mansion wallpaper yay

THIS ROCKS   Logged

DISCORD
smileyyogini
« Reply #1155 on: May 26, 2016 12:49:16 AM »

Awesome stamps! Nice work, Audio Cheesy

Ladybugs! I just saw this hat that made me think of you. It was knitted and had bees knitted right in it. Ahhh I love your bag. I still have the beautiful purple one that you crocheted me. Its awesome. And nice patches!

AIMR, The juggling balls were an experience. My son is 6 and he is just so...SO six. So I made his first juggling ball and filled it with unpopped popcorn kernels. Basically a projectile. I heard it thud into everything. So the second one I made I just started filling them with plain old polyfill like I do plushies. They don't "juggle" so well but they are a lot easier on the house while he is trying. I had to add eyeballs to the last one. They have those see through pellets that people use instead of beans. I forget what those are called.

I am going to try your tension steps! My loops are always on the bottom. Such a mess! Breaks my heart. If it could be undone without putting holes in the fabric it would be ok. But noooo...You are so now my go-to when my machine is mean to me. I need to get out the machine this week. Summer time pants to shorts need to happen. And his favorite tshirts that are small have to become pillows or he wont stop wearing them. And I want to make some new project bags. And matching DPN holder. I just put everything in a bin and then one night I just do it all. Oftentimes it ends in tears.

I will have to try the E6000 because when I use hot glue I just make a mess with strings.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: May 26, 2016 03:43:11 AM »

audio-"bbalb" looks like bulb!  Shocked Cheesy  Sadly enough  Wink, since you switched the words, if you use just the first letters I'm "labb"...which, now to see it, is worse than "bbalb"!  It looks like lab!  Tongue  Call me anything you want, just don't call me late for dinner, as they say.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
audio

stay weird

Re:
« Reply #1157 on: May 26, 2016 03:55:45 AM »

ahaahah, whoops my bad!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DISCORD
LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: May 26, 2016 03:55:53 AM »

Thanks, smileyyogini!  I am soooo glad that you are still using the purse I made you!  I often wonder if people really like and/or use the items I make them in swaps...it's good to hear you are!  It seems as if knitters have a lot more techniques that they can use to make their items so fancy!  I wish I could have seen that hat you saw!  Shocked  I'm addicted to the TM patches to begin with and I hurt my finger slicing potatoes for dinner about two weeks ago...on the finger that the yarn passes thru for crocheting...so I'm waiting for it to completely heal till I crochet and making TM patches in the meantime...I miss crocheting...I think next week I'll be good.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: May 26, 2016 03:58:12 AM »

AIMR...where would one go to replace that tiny screw for tightening the tension on the bobbin?  That is when one tries to tighten the tension like the instructional DVD that came with the sewing machine says to tighten it and said screw springs right out of the bobbin and disappears!  (The machine is years old, but basically never been used...I got it at Sears, and Sears is now closed.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 181 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...