A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
191 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 181
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: 50 Projects 2016---Busy Hands are Happy Hands!  (Read 180282 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1060 on: May 17, 2016 11:16:49 AM »

I get so overwhelmed by it all...there are so many projects that get missed because people do not realize how many projects you guys do!!!

Please encourage the team members to post some of their projects separately so that others will know about them and the games!

There are actually bonus points available for players who post their projects up in the main boards.  But I agree, it should happen more, and if they mention the Games, more people will know that they exist!  Super fun way to spur creativity!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smileyyogini
« Reply #1061 on: May 17, 2016 06:02:29 PM »

How do I know if I am analog or digital?

Hi Bunny!!!

Today I finished my paint by numbers Cheesy Hubby loves sea turtles. #16 I think?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

audio
Nobody could do that much découpage without calling on the powers of darkness.

stay weird

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1062 on: May 17, 2016 11:33:45 PM »

Whipped this up just now, a folding table ironing board, wanted to make one for a while and remembered there was a folding table that the previous owners left here. Used some mexican folk art calico fabric I think is beautiful!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

DISCORD
Please pm me for a discord invite!
audio
Nobody could do that much découpage without calling on the powers of darkness.

stay weird

View Profile available for personal swaps
Re:
« Reply #1063 on: May 17, 2016 11:35:18 PM »

The sea turtle is very pretty. I always liked the look of paint by number paintings. I'll have to look and see if there are any designs I like!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DISCORD
Please pm me for a discord invite!
yoopidou
« Reply #1064 on: May 18, 2016 01:27:20 AM »

Lovely turtle painting. It reminds me I hope to go snorkeling soon and see turtles and fish but no jellyfish please.
Can you spot the turtle resting on this picture taken a few years ago?

Audio, my cat would love your ironing table, it looks quite comfy. Wink You found a very attractive fabric, I would make myself a blouse with it. It's beautiful. It reminds me I should recover my ironing table since it has suffered from the last incident involving an adult child, a teenager, an iron and the table.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: May 18, 2016 07:14:20 AM »

So beautiful!  I love sea turtles!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
smileyyogini
« Reply #1066 on: May 18, 2016 07:54:53 AM »

Ahhh thank you, Ladybug! I felt kinda cheesy sharing a paint by numbers but I'm feeling better about it now.

Audio I love the look of paint by numbers, too! I love the vintage ones. I scroll through vintage paint by numbers on eBay all the time. They are so fun. And can I say that I would love to make one of those ironing boards. That fabric is awesome, too!

Yoopi! It took me a minute and then you just see him hanging out there right in the middle. I'm going to share that pic with the husband when he gets home Cheesy Thank you!

I finished some stuff!

17. is my terrible, evil, struggle of a triforce blanket. I crochet a lot. And I never realized I have never made triangles and tried to piece them together. I never really thought it would pucker in the middle of each triangle. And I think I might have done the entire thing upside down. BUT...its the thought that counts, right? and in its defense it is super soft. I miiiight do a little boarder to help the edges be triangle...but I worry that it would just make the puckering worse. I think I will block it today and then decide. Or I'll just throw it in the mail. Probably that.

and 18, 19 and 20. I made some freezer paper, cut out and fabric paint shirts and onesies this morning to drive home the Zelda point a bit. The onesies are to go along with the blanket but the t-shirt is because my younger son is a Zelda fiend that woke up in the middle of me working on the Zelda onesies. Smiley So I'm like mom of the year today. Here is a group pic of all three.

Oh! Bunny, friend. Im I supposed to go over the designs on the shirts with a warm iron to heat set them or is the fabric medium in the acrylic paint enough to keep it on the shirt?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016 07:56:22 AM by smileyyogini » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1067 on: May 18, 2016 09:11:13 AM »

Smiley- if you used fabric paint, you are good!  If you used regular acrylic with a fabric medium, you might want to heat set, just to be on the safe side.  They look fabulous, btw!  I have used handmade freezer paper in the past... I sooo much prefer the Reynolds on a roll!!!  I'm doubly impressed by the crispness of your designs if you're using homemade freezer paper.  Well done!  And a paint by numbers!  So fun!  I started several when I was a kid, never finished a single one.  LOL!  Your turtle looks great!

Also, Team Analog if you like old school - wind up clocks, paper books for example, and digital if you would prefer stuff like digital clocks or a kindle.

Beautiful fabric choice, Audio!  I need to make myself one of those.  I keep seeing them and being jealous. LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1068 on: May 18, 2016 12:56:52 PM »

Smiley, at what point did the triangles start puckering? If it was during the basic construction, you may be able to add a chain stitch between the blocks of double crochet stitches to make everything flat. Then just pretend the extra stitches aren't there when you move to the next round. If the extra stitches make the top edge ruffle, then only add a few chain stitches; maybe either side of the corner rather than between every block of dbl crochet. If the triangles were flat before they were joined, then your joining stitches are too tight. The easiest way to deal with that problem would be to use a larger hook for the joining. Hope this helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

[email protected]
http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
211/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
smileyyogini
« Reply #1069 on: May 18, 2016 03:19:42 PM »

Ahhh K. Im afraid the little triangles were pucked all by themselves. If I had made the bigger triangles first I would have just made smaller versions of those. But I made the little puckers (affectionate term for them) and assembled them before making the outside ones that laid perfectly straight.

Making those outside triangles made me want to keep going and make some shawls. I see shawls in my future. But first there is a charity create-along that I am shipping 9 items, too. And a pair of socks that need finished. I love yarn. Just not granny triangles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 181 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...