A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,833
Currently Running With Scissors:
415 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 181
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: 50 Projects 2016---Busy Hands are Happy Hands!  (Read 178545 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
RedheadWithThread
Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #430 on: February 07, 2016 11:37:12 PM »

So many amazing projects! Shocked I'm always impressed by the awesome things my fellow Craftsters make!
I'm on tablet, which is a pain to type on, so I've copy-pasted the details of what I've been doing from the Nerd Battles thread:
I've crocheted two purses and a tote and am currently working on two more purses, one of which is for a small child. I've also crocheted another hat and am making a few roses.
It will probably be another few days or so before I post up pics because I'm going to be sewing myself a housecoat to take to the hospital with me next month (my fiance bought me a pattern because the housecoats we found for sale were ugly; he says it's not stash feeding because it was needed).
I may also sew up a few dark colored cotton gowns to pack, too, since the pattern includes a gown.
Oh and I'm going to be sewing curtains for my baby's room. My sister bought me some awesome Marvel heroes print fabric on sale at Walmart just so I could make him some awesome curtains. Grin There's more than enough of the fabric so I'll probably see a purse or something for my sister with what's left over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 08, 2016 06:59:43 AM »

I'm so glad (but sad for you-100 hats! Shocked Tongue) that I have someone who understands the pain of being generous but in doing so has to create multiples of the SAME EXACT THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the pattern was easy-peasy...I was just getting bored...it seemed like I would never get done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #432 on: February 08, 2016 08:52:59 AM »

Is that a Dottie Angel frock? It is nicely done. I bought the pattern but haven't touched it yet. Would you say it runs true to size?

Yes, it is, and I think it runs pretty true to size.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ActsofCraftiness
« Reply #433 on: February 08, 2016 10:37:16 AM »

Wow! A lot more awesome projects have been posted since I last commented. Great work everyone. Smiley

I have a little project dump. Smiley

#3: Starbucks Cups for Soccer Coaches

#4: Newlywed Sign

#5: Birthday Shirt for my Daughter

#8-12: Baby Gift Sets

THIS ROCKS   Logged

snowyangel
Mothering 2 boys, rescuing animals, sewing & gardening.

Tryin' to "adult" everyday...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: February 08, 2016 03:26:41 PM »

ActsofCraftiness I;d love to be matched up in swap with you for baby onesies or signs. Your work looks so professional and store bought!  Well done! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Laura
"Stayin alive one strong cup o' coffee at a time...."
plaidpineapple
« Reply #435 on: February 08, 2016 08:09:21 PM »

actsof craftiness- gorgeous items!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dewshinesdopp
« Reply #436 on: February 09, 2016 03:47:55 AM »

So many lovely things made out of yarn.  I know you are tired of hats.  But...  I think I would be super happy to know how to do that. 

I have zero skill in the yarn-ish arts, which makes me sad, because I ADORE yarnish arts. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321
Cooking Moderator

My fingers are itchin' to be stitchin'

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #437 on: February 09, 2016 04:44:57 AM »

Actsofcraftiness I love your vinyl creations! I started playing with it myself! Where do you get your heat transfer stuff from??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

texscrapper
« Reply #438 on: February 09, 2016 04:54:03 AM »

ActsofCraftiness - do you use an iron or heat press for the HTV? I have been using my iron, but the results don't seem to stay a crisp after washing  Huh If you have a heat press can you tell me what kind/model you have and why you like it? I have been looking at purchasing one, butthere are too many choices!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ActsofCraftiness
« Reply #439 on: February 09, 2016 10:39:56 AM »

snowyangel & plaidpineapple - Thanks!

Lindy - Thanks! Im definitely addicted to vinyl and my machine. Its so much fun. I get most of my HTV from www.thevinylspectrum.com or http://heattransfervinyl4u.com/.

texscrapper - I use a heat press. I only make heat transfer vinyl stuff for family and friends, but the cost of the press has definitely been worth it. I used an iron for one project, and knew I needed to get a heat press.

There are a lot of presses to choose from, so deciding can be very overwhelming. I ended up getting one from www.sunie.com. They have great reviews and come with a longer warranty than most you can buy cheaper through Amazon or eBay. This is the model I chose. Its actually cheaper now than when I bought it! Shipping is free and pretty fast. Mine was delivered less than 24 hours after I bought it (going from NV to CA). I've had it for about 8 months, and I love it.

I also recommend getting pressing pillows. You put them inside the garment/bag/etc. while pressing. You need the right heat and pressure to get the HTV to adhere correctly. They really help with items that have seams that can get in the way while pressing (like baby onesies), which can mess with the pressure and keep the HTV from actually being pressed. I also use a Teflon sheet over the design.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016 10:52:24 AM by ActsofCraftiness » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 181 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...