A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 314,679
Currently Running With Scissors:
252 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 181
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: 50 Projects 2016---Busy Hands are Happy Hands!  (Read 164587 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Wile E Songdog
« Reply #230 on: January 18, 2016 11:03:51 AM »

I asked AIMR if there might be interest in a new Craftalong and she suggested  asking here and in some of the other Craftalong threads. Did anyone ever participate in the Thing-A-Day challenges? If you are familiar then you know what I'm talking about, if you're not then a quick explanation.

Thing-A-Day was an online challenge where participants would make one thing every day and post it (although you did not have to post every day). The things could be anything; art, craft, DIY/home improvement, cooking/baking, even writing. The rules weren't hard and fast, it was a challenge not a competition.

They preferred each day to be one complete item but it could be part of a larger item as long as each section done per day was something you could document. For example, sanding a piece of furniture could be one day, the next day could be painting and then the day after could be embellishing. You just post a picture of each step. Also, each thing should take only about 30 minutes. It could be a little less or a little longer but it was meant to be something everyone could do every day without taking up a lot of time.

It was always done in February because it's the shortest month. I tried it a few times but never got past 10 days. I was going to try it again this year but I discovered that they stopped doing it a couple years ago. I could not even find the old boards, at least if we do it on Craftster it will stay here.

It would be good for knocking out your 50 things, destashing, or for those who do the abandoned art or just motivating yourself to make stuff. There could certainly be overlap with other craftalongs. It's a challenge not a competition but if someone finishes 29 days (bonus day this year!) maybe we could agree to send them something we made (not set aside for someone else) or make a badge or something.

February is fast approaching so would there be enough interest in starting a Thing-A-Day challenge here in the Craftalongs?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vampedangel14
Easily craftstracted!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #231 on: January 18, 2016 03:52:58 PM »

I got two things made today. Both woven bowls, one using acrylic and the other some of my handspun. They were easy and fun to do. I'll have to get more of the bases from Michaels next time I go.

P1180003 by Heather, on Flickr

P1180004 by Heather, on Flickr
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #232 on: January 18, 2016 06:12:19 PM »

I didn't know you could grow stevia as a house plant!  I am trying to get away from artificial sweetners so a plant based sweetner would be fabulous...I have also been trying to get away from powdered creamers..I bet I can find a DIY one on the internet!  I don't like how the liquids thins my coffee and also makes it lukewarm...good job, lindy...and a good idea!

Carolmb--those scarves are really nice...are they crochet from a graph?  I really love the Dr. Who one a lot.

Baby Freakie is going to have a nice warm start!  Love the little cocoon thing.  I want an adult sized one of those! Grin

Also love the little woven basket...I am also in need of many hands to do anything 3-D...it turned out quite nice!

I did not know Michaels sold anything like that...I love the bowl made from handspun.

I bet this group could easily do that challenge in February...just think...28 projects done in a month?  ha ha more than halfway so you can rest a bit for the rest of the year!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016 06:15:07 PM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: January 18, 2016 06:36:03 PM »

Never too late makes a good rallying cry. Okay, I'm in. Since January is half over, that means I need to do one project a week for the rest of the year. My main goal is to use up some stash (mostly fabric and yarn) and to get back into the habit of regular crafting, because I'm happier and less stressed when I'm making things.

First project is to finish off some things left half done on my sewing table and in my knitting stuff from last year. Beyond that I have no firm plans, just vague notions.

My 2016 list:

1:
2:
3:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #234 on: January 18, 2016 08:07:01 PM »

Welcome!  I think we all go in cycles...some start out strong and others end strong...just go at your own creative pace...this is for you and we would all love to see your projects.  The best part is sharing.  YAY!

Remember that you can put a link to your list in your signature and I will also link you on the first page so you can always find you list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
audio

Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

stay weird

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #235 on: January 18, 2016 08:17:57 PM »

carolmb - those scarfs are pretty neat! Great job!

FreakieGeakie - very cool. I'd be soo excited crafting things for my baby. I'm an awful aunt and don't make much for the kiddos in my life, but i always thought when I have a kid i would definitely make a bunch of things for it!

I DID IT! I made and finished my first project of the year!!! It's for a swap so no picture yet, but I did it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest

!!!Expecting baby boy Nov 9, 2018!!!
bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

« Reply #236 on: January 19, 2016 03:13:29 AM »

First finish (almost) of the year - a celtic knot shawl for myself. I'm not well enough right now to block it but it still looks good Smiley

all project details are over here in Ravelry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swaps Always Welcome Cheesy
carolmb

Making things, makes life happy!

« Reply #237 on: January 19, 2016 03:55:15 AM »

Thanks for the nice comments on the scarves

alwaysinmyroom:  No they are done from a word chart just like I do my beading, far easier for me then graphs.
here is the url to the designer that makes them, (I think she uses the same program I do to graph/word chart my bead work. she does a wonderful job and all her projects I have seen finished turn out amazing!

http://www.mommasjampackcrochetwordcharts.com/

well and wonderment
carol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #238 on: January 19, 2016 06:04:45 AM »

Carol--thanks for that link!  I prefer knitting and crochet with words rather than charts!  Sometimes I will take a graph and write out the words myself--so time-consuming! 

bushbaby--your shawl turned out to be so lovely!  I hope you feel better soon...I have been ill as well going on three weeks--turned out I had pneumonia!  I am on the mend, I think!  At least I am back at work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
lindyv321
Cooking Moderator

My fingers are itchin' to be stitchin'

« Reply #239 on: January 19, 2016 07:46:18 AM »

Love the scarves, bowls, baby goodies, and that shawl is gorgeous
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 181 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
October 17, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Magic Wands
Halloween Houses (Haunted, of course!)

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...