A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,933
Currently Running With Scissors:
412 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 181
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: 50 Projects 2016---Busy Hands are Happy Hands!  (Read 178449 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #210 on: January 14, 2016 10:42:07 AM »

cool recon!  love the tiger theme!

Always, I <3 Noro!  I got hooked on it by my sis who got me a bunch of it when she lived in NYC.  Smiley  The one I have now is Taiyo 42.  Love the colors-muted greens, vibrant blues and reds!  I used another Taiyo for my sis and she loved it.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ActsofCraftiness
« Reply #211 on: January 14, 2016 04:44:27 PM »

Wow, so many awesome projects! I wish I could comment on all of them.

I've been crafting a lot already this year, but most of it has been on a large cross stitch project. So, my first completed project of the year is this personalized Starbucks cold cup. It's hard to tell in the picture, but I used glittery green vinyl for the design.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321
Cooking Moderator

My fingers are itchin' to be stitchin'

« Reply #212 on: January 15, 2016 07:42:01 AM »

The cup is fabulous! Did you use a Silhouette to cut the vinyl? I really need to try more vinyl cutting with mine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ActsofCraftiness
« Reply #213 on: January 15, 2016 11:44:03 AM »

The cup is fabulous! Did you use a Silhouette to cut the vinyl? I really need to try more vinyl cutting with mine.

Thanks! Yes. I used my Cameo to cut the vinyl. I'm seriously in love with my machine. I use it for so many things. I made a last minute paper flower bouquet for my son's teacher. Today is her birthday, and she loves yellow. Hopefully she likes them.

Here's my project #2:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

« Reply #214 on: January 15, 2016 12:19:15 PM »

really love that cup!  I gave my sis a silhouette...don't think she's used it yet...so tempted to "borrow" it. lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ActsofCraftiness
« Reply #215 on: January 15, 2016 07:12:17 PM »

really love that cup!  I gave my sis a silhouette...don't think she's used it yet...so tempted to "borrow" it. lol.

You should! You won't want to give it back. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vampedangel14
Easily craftstracted!

« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2016 01:47:37 PM »

I just finished a pair of loom knit fingerless gloves. I messed up a few times, but overall I am happy with how they came out. I'll definitely be using this pattern again.

P1160001 by Heather, on Flickr
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #217 on: January 16, 2016 06:33:34 PM »

wow--those knit looms sure turn out nice projects!

Love the cheerful yellow flowers...lol...my Silhouette is still in the box from LAST Christmas....the main problem I have is that I am in the middle of home remodeling and have to keep moving stuff from room to room as I try to downsize as well...I just don't have room or time to try anything new right now...maybe this summer! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
goktrose
The Mad-town Crafter

If you stumble, make it part of your dance.

« Reply #218 on: January 16, 2016 07:26:47 PM »

Oooh the projects from the silhouette machine are fantastic. I need me one of those!

I love the lockets so much, the little books are adorable.

I wonder if I could handle loom knitting, I can crochet but add another stick and I'm lost! But I love the look of knitted projects so much and those gloves look so cozy!

I finished project #4!
My in-laws got me an awesome set of Banksy coasters after I made my sister-in-law walk all around London to find a piece by him, so I thought they deserved a nice holder for displaying them on my coffee table. I first tried popsicle sticks but the coasters were too large and I hate trying to cut popsicle sticks, so I perused pinterest for ideas and settled on trying to weave a box out of newspaper strips.
(It's a bit wonky, can I say that weaving is very hard and I needed about 6 more hands?!)

Also, the goal book and this forum is definitely keeping me motivated this year! I like being able to see a record of my daily habits and progress on all my goals!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
I am always up for a personal swap! Odds and ends are my anti-drug
50 in 2017: 3/50
yoopidou
« Reply #219 on: January 16, 2016 10:04:51 PM »

Actsofcraftiness, the flowers are bright and cheerful. What a nice thing to celebrate the teacher's birthday.

I can't believe you knitted these mittens on a loop vampedangel14. I had no idea a loom would let you do elaborate projects. beautiful color too.

Goktrose, too bad you don't live close to me. I would happily have taught you to knit in exchange for crochet lessons. I like your idea of displaying your coaster on the coffee table. The creative basket makes them shine, they become art pieces.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 181 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...