A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,893
Currently Running With Scissors:
234 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 181
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: 50 Projects 2016---Busy Hands are Happy Hands!  (Read 177482 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1530 on: September 10, 2016 04:12:52 AM »

Thanks everyone  Cheesy I had fun crafting all of it.

how does one even go about doing something like the skull?  I've seen things like that on items in shops, but those are done by machines.  I'm going to have to look this up.  I'm interested in doing something maybe on a smaller scale.  Wink

KK - I handsewed the individual sequins on a piece of felt to start with, anchored by a bead for each one. Then once that was done, I glued the middle part of the shape to the shirt to fix where I wanted it to be, and then hand stitched the borders. It wasn't too complicated - just took a while  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krafty_Karasu
call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1531 on: September 10, 2016 01:48:28 PM »

Thanks everyone  Cheesy I had fun crafting all of it.

how does one even go about doing something like the skull?  I've seen things like that on items in shops, but those are done by machines.  I'm going to have to look this up.  I'm interested in doing something maybe on a smaller scale.  Wink

KK - I handsewed the individual sequins on a piece of felt to start with, anchored by a bead for each one. Then once that was done, I glued the middle part of the shape to the shirt to fix where I wanted it to be, and then hand stitched the borders. It wasn't too complicated - just took a while  Smiley

I see.  thanks for the little how-to.  Grin  maybe I can start with a little brooch or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
butterflyangel
« Reply #1532 on: September 11, 2016 07:30:43 AM »

That skull is amazing !! Wow and the cats very funny I like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

22/50
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #1533 on: September 11, 2016 10:01:28 AM »

Amazing skull shirt!!

I also really like the hoop, the infinity scarf, the suncatcher and the soul-stealing kitty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou
« Reply #1534 on: September 11, 2016 10:29:20 AM »

KraftyKarasu, your patch is very cute and at the same time a bit scary. She seems so lonely in this black forest.

Lindy, you keep making so many things, I don't know where you find the time. My favorite is the mountains hoop. Those are such lovely mountains. They make me want to move.

Underthemountain, I am in awe at the neatness of your t shirts.

Butterflyangel, too bad the yoghurt cups turned out gross, they look so delicious in the picture.

Sheepblue, that skull shirt is stunning. The mobile is very colorful and would brighten any room.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindyv321
Cooking Moderator

My fingers are itchin' to be stitchin'

« Reply #1535 on: September 11, 2016 05:03:49 PM »

The skull and kitty shirts are fabulous!!

I made two more shirts with heat transfer vinyl

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krafty_Karasu

« Reply #1536 on: September 11, 2016 08:26:15 PM »

KraftyKarasu, your patch is very cute and at the same time a bit scary. She seems so lonely in this black forest.
quite fitting for a story from the Grimms.  Wink  but it's actually one of their tamest.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou
« Reply #1537 on: September 11, 2016 09:59:52 PM »

Absolutely true! As a child, I received an illustrated huge book of Grimms'fairy tales. I never was fond of them except for Hans and Gretel. There was even one tale "Bluebeard" that I avoided opening the pages on. I couldn't understand why the stories were so mean.
So, your patch is perfect, but no need to make Bluebeard!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krafty_Karasu

« Reply #1538 on: September 11, 2016 10:23:29 PM »

Absolutely true! As a child, I received an illustrated huge book of Grimms'fairy tales. I never was fond of them except for Hans and Gretel. There was even one tale "Bluebeard" that I avoided opening the pages on. I couldn't understand why the stories were so mean.
So, your patch is perfect, but no need to make Bluebeard!
Bluebeard?  hmmm...I don't recall reading that one.  I have a book that's a collection of some of their tales, but it looks like that's one that's been left out.  according to Wikipedia, lots of them are no longer available in print (I mean in modern times.  they were years ago, but my book (published in 2001) lacks quite a few).  there's a list of these stories too.  fortunately, I have another book - Grimm's Grimmest - and some of the stories not in my hardcover book ARE in my paperback book.  this one comes with color plates and some illustrations.  but it sounds like it's a good thing Bluebeard isn't in that one either.  Wink  however, you make me want to find it online and read it.  Grin

HOWEVER AGAIN!!! Cheesy
"The Robber Bridegroom" is similar.  I do have that story.  Grin
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016 10:27:19 PM by Krafty_Karasu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterflyangel
« Reply #1539 on: September 12, 2016 06:51:31 AM »

Omg your Mickey shirt lindy!! I think I'm gonna have to make that myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

22/50
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 181 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones
Ode To Coffee
Meal Prep Monday: Chicken Pot Pie

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...