A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,880
Currently Running With Scissors:
288 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Oldie But A Goodie T-Shirt Quilt  (Read 2027 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game , tshirt_quilt , craft_challenge_114_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
pottermouth
Crochet Moderator
Vintage Crafts Moderator

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: August 03, 2016 07:23:19 AM »

It took me forever to decide on a tutorial to follow for this Challenge. I started in the Toys and Playthings tutes, which lead me to Miscellaneous, then Purses, Bags, and Wallets...Craftster members have posted so many fantastic tutorials! In the end, I went with KPuppy's T Shirt Quilt, mostly because it forced me to tackle the stash of my son's shirts I have been hanging on to forever. I probably never would have gotten to it (because I loathe quilting and am no good at it) but this Challenge made it happen. Done in ONE day! Crazy!

I followed KPuppy's tute mostly, but adjusted were I needed to, like not having 25 shirts and not wanting to use the back of the shirts, and I also chose to place a layer of batting in between the front panel and an old sheet for the backing. I also was super lazy and reused a template I had from a previous t shirt quilt instead of measuring and cutting a new one. Because that's just too much trouble, ya know.

Chopped up shirts:

Sewing panels together:

Front panel complete and deciding between Pokemon, He-Man, or Spongebob sheet for backing:

Went with Pokemon because the He-Man sheet is mine and I couldn't cut him up. I cheated with the binding, too (again because I was lazy) and just rolled over the backing fabric to finish it off.

Time to play!

Thanks for the great and easy to follow tutorial KPuppy!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

doveylou
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016 08:34:16 AM »

What a great, memory-filled quilt!  Does your son LOVE it?  And good for you for doing something with those T-shirts you have been hanging on to for so long.  It must be a great feeling to complete a project like this.  I bet this quilt will become a favorite.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Patraw

C'mon, pegasister, quit foaling around!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016 10:39:57 AM »

Very cool and colorful T-shirts-turned-quilt project and a great tutorial to work from!  Your son has excellent taste in T-shirts!  Funnily enough, I think I have that same Masters of the Universe sheet, which I would never be able to cut up either, unless it got stained or something and was unsalvageable.

The final photo is a fun "what do your recognize" game for me too.  I see Hasbro Super Hero Squad Marvel Comics Fin Fang Foom, Toy Biz LotR Treebeard, vintage Kenner Star Wars Obi Wan Kenobi, Gamorrean Guard, Endor Han Solo & Princess Leia, Wicket the Ewok, and Anakin Skywalker figures, a newer Hasbro Star Wars Bubo, and Nintendo Gamecube & Gameboy Advance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Where is my Cosmo?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016 11:00:53 AM »

I can't believe you completed a quilt in one day! This looks great; I'm sure your son just loves it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elderflower
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016 11:25:52 AM »

wow. Quilt in one day. Amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016 08:19:51 AM »

Amazing that you pulled it off in one epic day of stitching, I'm really impressed. The binding is a great touch.
I've made a bunch of tshirt quilts so now we all have one except for one kid, I'm collecting our old clothes for his now. I think it will take me longer than a day though, wow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

I'm not online as much as I used to be, don't panic if it takes a while for me to reply to things Smiley.
lindyv321
Cooking Moderator

My fingers are itchin' to be stitchin'

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016 07:44:41 PM »

I love all the shirts you used! So fun
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...