A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,890
Currently Running With Scissors:
310 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 46
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Winter Nerd Battles: December 1, 2015 - February 29, 2016  (Read 64465 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong , nerd , geek  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator
Crafting for Good Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #210 on: January 07, 2016 08:10:34 AM »

Congratulations to puzzled-penguin on her Featured Project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #211 on: January 07, 2016 08:16:10 AM »

Nice work, Puzzled-penguin!  And that project definitely deserved to be featured!

Go Team Wordy!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mistress_batty
Batty Bat Bat

happy hookin' mistress

« Reply #212 on: January 07, 2016 09:03:13 AM »

Congrats Puzzled-penguin!! That caterpillar is awesome <3 Looks just like the book
THIS ROCKS   Logged
puzzled-penguin
« Reply #213 on: January 07, 2016 11:23:31 AM »

Thanks guys  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smeddley
« Reply #214 on: January 07, 2016 05:13:30 PM »

Prompt: Big Time #1
Team: Textbook
Bonus Points: Community
Project Name: Goal Book 2016
Project Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=442431.0
Brief Description: Oh, Goal Book, I don't even want to think about the time I spent on you!  It has consumed my life the last three weeks...  It's a little late this year, but I had to re-do the cover because I smudged the stamp something awful.  It's my yearly hand-made compilation of goals, past a present, that I will cart around all year and hopefully tick off a ton of, because it's getting think - maybe I can finally finish out all of 2012's goals and get rid of a section!

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #215 on: January 07, 2016 05:23:29 PM »

storerboughtcreations, I put the loom on my wishlist, and then I realized that I had a bunch of different looms already that just about equalled the styles I could make with that set. And, I have a Cricket loom that has a scarf-in-progress on it. Once I finish the scarf, I can make squares on that!  Did you back the blanket with anything? And, super cute Care Bears cross stitch. One of my college friends had a huge collection of them, but I never even had one.

KK, hahaha! I don't know if I've ever dreamt about a craft project before. I guess it's a good thing you finally finished it!

bunny1kenobi, you could always print out the badge designs as 1 inch squares and turn them into crafty inchies! Kind of like an inchie portfolio of your badge-making awesomeness Smiley

Smeddley, I love that you keep a goal book like that! I hope you put "create the new goal book" in there so you can check it off!

puzzled-penguin, congrats on the Featured Project! Seeing it again makes me want to finally take a trip to the Eric Carle Museum (it's less than an hour away, but I've never been!).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
roler
« Reply #216 on: January 07, 2016 06:28:38 PM »

Way to go puzzled-penguin! That hungry caterpillar definitely deserved recognition!  I actually showed it to my mom back in the states and she said she wouldn't let preschoolers touch it; she'd keep it on her wall! XD

And Smeddley, that does it, I am copying your Goal Book RIGHT NOW.  It is SUCH a good idea and I think it would really motivate me! I'm going to go easy on myself for now and make a simple one on the computer and print it out, but I really think the format will help, and if it works, I'll make a cuter one next year! Thanks for the inspiration!

Meanwhile:

Prompt: December - Three Billy Goats Gruff
Team: Multimedia
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Degu Hoopla
Project Link:
Brief Description:
When I visited my family for about five weeks this winter, I really needed someone to take care of my degus!  Due to things like allergies and pet cats, none of my friends could take them, and the "pet hotels" nearby charge about $100 a week just to take care of little caged rodents!!  Finally I found another degu owner nearby through my instagram friends, and she's been kindly taking care of my three little girls since before Thanksgiving - she even bought them a new wheel to run in when they'd chewed through too much of their old one! 

I'm going to meet her today to pick up my girls, and as a thank you (along with some cash for their food and litter), I made her this hoopla.  It's made primarily of fabric, felt, and the hoop (3 things), and is to thank her for taking care of my own three little animals, who even include a timid one, a less timid one, and a really in-your-face one like the three billy goats gruff!!

Fun fact: Degus are the first known rodents to have been taught to use tools!  You can see them using tiny rakes to bring seeds closer to them in this video: http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/Science-Fiction-News.asp?NewsNum=1540  Thank you, Google!

Project Picture:

OK, I'm off to go start on a Goal Book!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
storerboughtcreations
« Reply #217 on: January 07, 2016 07:24:41 PM »

I didn't back my loom blanket. Both sides look exactly the same. To attach the squares together, I used the edges. The edges look like knit stitches, so I used a sort of mattress stitch to attach. I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn. I used the strands from both ends to weave each color. One skein makes 2 squares. I suggest watching the Martha Stewart YouTube video as its what I watched it it was super helpful. I look forward to seeing your blanket in the furniture!

My cat, Frankenstein, has claimed my blanket as his Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
calliemae
« Reply #218 on: January 08, 2016 06:28:52 PM »

Prompt: January  - Three Billy Goats Gruff
Team: wordy
Bonus Points: 
Project Name: Hockey beanbags
Brief description : Three beanbags, with three sides each, and made with three materials: fabric, thread and dried lentils to fill them with.

Prompt: December - rubiks cube
Project name : zoo themed five stones
Brief description : these five stone pieces are bright and colourful.

Prompt : brownie points
Project name : knit hat for winter wear drive
Brief description : I knit up this hat to donate in my church winter wear drive.

Brief description : I knit up this hat to donate in my church winter wear drive

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitted Items in 2016:
Finished projects in 2016:

https://www.pinterest.com/calistaemilymae/
audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

stay weird

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #219 on: January 08, 2016 09:33:37 PM »

My mom brought me all my tees for my research project! I couldn't wait to lay them all out to get an idea of how big it will be and what it might look like! I'm going to put strips between each tee block and around the whole thing. I'm thinking of getting a really cool fabric from spoonflower to back it. And I'm thinking maybe flannel would be a good strip fabric because it will be thicker like the tee shirts. (Not sure if in progress pics are supposed to be in the other forum so let me know!)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest

Would love to swap for dresden borders/edging!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 46 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Chicken Pot Pie
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...