A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 314,369
Currently Running With Scissors:
189 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Scrappy Trip Around the World - Sign-up 11/23/15-12/5/15 - Mail out by 1/16/16  (Read 9048 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2016 02:55:26 PM »

Sloth, the photos are exactly the type of images I had in mind. I want to go to the waterfalls right now!

These are my fav pics from this summers camping adventures. The lightning shot I am ridiculously proud of. Not bad for a cell phone. Smiley on the opposite side of those falls (If you go off path into the no trespassing) you com across this cool old ruined staircase. Random brick stairs almost built like a bridge over... nothing in th middle of the woods.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
BigBangMomma

Living the @Lynx2Lancer life on Instagram!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2016 05:37:11 PM »

Made my first block today! I'd never made one of these,so of course I decide to start by upcycling stretchy shirts for fabric because the colors and patterns are perfect for my partner. It didn't turn out perfect, but it still looks pretty good. Those 1/4" seams, and matching corners are tricky for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

I am guessing you are having issues due to your fabric type. Quilts are typically made with 100% cotton which do not stretch much.

Ohmygoodness, BBM -- I'm so sorry I didn't think to specify fabric should be 100% woven cotton.  This is generally what quilters use, and is particularly important when you're sewing for partners since your blocks are going to have to be compatible with what others send or what your partners will make in order to have enough to create a quilt.  Please discuss this situation with your partner, either in this thread or by PM.

I don't want either of you to be disappointed with this swap.  On the assumption that your partner will want blocks made with quilting fabric, hopefully you'll be able to do so.  If that's the case but you've been planning on using these stretchy fabrics for all of your blocks and need time to gather the appropriate kind of material, let me know and you'll be given an extension of time to send out.  On the other hand, if for any reason you are unable to make blocks using woven cotton, please know that you will NOT be penalized and will NOT be given negative feedback, and I will make blocks for your partner in your place.

Again, my sincere apologies for not including fabric content information in the swap description.
No worries waterbaby (and brandyk)!! I had planned to use regular fabric for my blocks, I was just going through my stash of things, found the shirts, and thought they would be fun to try it with. I now have used them for something other than taking up space (a practice block!!), and am happily moving along to working on normal blocks (got my second "first" done today). I can complete this swap with normal quilting type material no problem.
Sloth, the photos are exactly the type of images I had in mind. I want to go to the waterfalls right now!

These are my fav pics from this summers camping adventures. The lightning shot I am ridiculously proud of. Not bad for a cell phone. Smiley on the opposite side of those falls (If you go off path into the no trespassing) you com across this cool old ruined staircase. Random brick stairs almost built like a bridge over... nothing in th middle of the woods.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Traveling Little Visitor Rd 27: Tuscany is away in Alaska, and I am hosting Baranof.
12 Mini Days of Christmas: Crafting!
quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2016 04:55:50 PM »

My blocks are in the mail.....info forwarded to my partners.....2 sets should be arriving Friday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waterbaby

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2016 08:35:27 PM »

No worries waterbaby (and brandyk)!! I had planned to use regular fabric for my blocks, I was just going through my stash of things, found the shirts, and thought they would be fun to try it with. I now have used them for something other than taking up space (a practice block!!), and am happily moving along to working on normal blocks (got my second "first" done today). I can complete this swap with normal quilting type material no problem.

Great!  (Must admit I did get a bit worried thinking you'd been planning in good faith and I'd let you down.)

And I'm so glad everyone's been having fun with these blocks!  Interest from people who couldn't join because of the timing and your enthusiasm leads me to believe future rounds might be popular, and I'm looking at setting up another one in February or March -- what do you all think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2016 06:51:36 AM »

I really liked this fast way of making a scrappy looking block.  But I think we are about to start another Quilt Block Swap soon and that usually keeps me hopping for a month or so....I have all of the colors picked out for my last set of blocks...I can't believe quaggy is done and shipped already! So excited...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
waterbaby

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2016 06:40:27 PM »

We have our first sender and receiver!  Link to gallery below and in first post of the thread:

GALLERY!  https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=442433.msg5361316#msg5361316
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016 09:56:10 PM by waterbaby » THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2016 06:27:04 AM »

I am glad I did not send yet...I forgot this was a 4 block swap!!!!  ooops...I need to make one more block per partner...sorry about that! Grin  I'll get on it this weekend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2016 01:14:11 PM »

I am glad I did not send yet...I forgot this was a 4 block swap!!!!  ooops...I need to make one more block per partner...sorry about that! Grin  I'll get on it this weekend!

I did the same thing. Smiley. Stuck in a QBS loop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
brandyk
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2016 04:52:43 PM »

Hoping to finish tonight Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waterbaby

« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2016 03:20:10 PM »

My blocks are in the mail!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Dragonflies in the Yard
Tute Tuesday: Mini Messenger Bag
Black and White and Red All Over

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...