A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd juggle to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 313,338
Currently Running With Scissors:
286 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Spread the Crafters Love to Difference Makers for the Holidays  (Read 9851 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RovingAnarchist
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015 05:50:30 AM »

What kinds/sizes of crafts were you hoping to auction off? I'd be happy to make something, or a few somethings; I just like to have a starting point! Would home dec items like quilted placemats/table runners sell, or maybe iPhone cases, or a hoopla with a funny saying on it? It's my guess that the hooplas would be something that most people outside of crafting circles don't see too often. Around here, we've all made a bunch and probably received a few in swaps, so we're a bit burnt out on them; non-craftsters still think they're innovative.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I carry a bag that says FREE KNITTING LESSONS on my daily transit commute, & give a little hands-on tutorial to anyone who asks. They get a starter kit with needles, enough cotton yarn to make a plain dishcloth and a set of instructions. Swaps/donations for materials welcome!
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

All you need is love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2015 06:57:15 AM »

I'll happily donate anything that's left in my STS, UTM - anything strike your fancy? The wood-burned spoon or necklace? Cork burned magnets or coasters?

I can also make something else if none of this works/is big enough.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2015 07:31:46 AM »

Since students are bidding, would something like hats in school colors be something they would like?  Or can those be purchased at school already?  I am so out of touch as to what kids would want...maybe parents would like aprons?  Can you find out from some of the kids what sort of stuff they would like?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2015 02:15:23 PM »

Me too - I was thinking household things too, but now I am thinking pendents, bracelets, bookmarks... shipping small things would be easier on me too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2015 03:18:37 PM »

oh..that is another consideration...small items that kids can afford with their own money would be good, I imagine...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator
Crafting for Good Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015 03:44:32 PM »

I think I'll send these four coin/card purses:

I could do something else, though, if that would be better?  I just figured they're small, and could be kid or parent friendly...good holiday gift card holders.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015 05:28:49 PM »

oh they are very nice and I m sure will be much wanted!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2015 05:37:57 PM »

Yay!  We have a date!  April 16th!!!  I'd love to have everyone's lovely donations by March 16th!  That would give me a month to get everything organized, bidding sheets made, etc.  We have our STEM night on April 8th and our convention at the end of April so it will be a busy month.
Thank you all sooo much! 

Will go off and answer all your messages now, but wanted to share the news.  I'll add it to the first page of this post.  Thanks again!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Difference Makers Kokua Food Program May 2017!  http://www.difference-makers.org/
Lana, a Street Team Member for Global Youth Service Day! http://ysa.org/introducing-the-2017-street-team/
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2015 05:58:34 PM »

What kinds/sizes of crafts were you hoping to auction off? I'd be happy to make something, or a few somethings; I just like to have a starting point! Would home dec items like quilted placemats/table runners sell, or maybe iPhone cases, or a hoopla with a funny saying on it? It's my guess that the hooplas would be something that most people outside of crafting circles don't see too often. Around here, we've all made a bunch and probably received a few in swaps, so we're a bit burnt out on them; non-craftsters still think they're innovative.

Love these ideas RA!  The auction will be open to the kids at the middle school all week and will culminate in a night time event where parents/friends will be invited to come and bid as well.  I think anything you want to make would be loved. 

I'll happily donate anything that's left in my STS, UTM - anything strike your fancy? The wood-burned spoon or necklace? Cork burned magnets or coasters?
I can also make something else if none of this works/is big enough.
Smiley

Hi Abbee!  I love these!  I showed them to Lana and she loved your necklace and thought the kids would too.  We're new to this school so we really don't know how their tastes run, but it is a very artsy community so I'm sure anything would be great.  I loved your wire wrapped pendants you offered in our STS.   Smiley

Since students are bidding, would something like hats in school colors be something they would like?  Or can those be purchased at school already?  I am so out of touch as to what kids would want...maybe parents would like aprons?  Can you find out from some of the kids what sort of stuff they would like?

Hi Always!  I think aprons would be a hit!  The hats would be good, except that it's being held in April now. Sad  Anyhow any of your sewn goodies would be loved.  Their mascot is a blue devil if that helps.  Smiley  The magnet program has a science, math, computer science focus so nerdy things are also good. 

Me too - I was thinking household things too, but now I am thinking pendents, bracelets, bookmarks... shipping small things would be easier on me too.

Hi Onyx!  Anything will be loved...and definitely go for things cheaper to ship.  Smiley

I think I'll send these four coin/card purses:
I could do something else, though, if that would be better?  I just figured they're small, and could be kid or parent friendly...good holiday gift card holders.  Grin

Thank you LovelyMiss!  Those are adorable!

Thank you all so much for all the energy and thoughtfulness you are putting into this.  I am deeply touched and I'm sure the kids will be too.  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Difference Makers Kokua Food Program May 2017!  http://www.difference-makers.org/
Lana, a Street Team Member for Global Youth Service Day! http://ysa.org/introducing-the-2017-street-team/
plaidpineapple
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2015 11:29:25 PM »

What a great student club.  I will donate a few items, not sure what yet. Maybe some zippered earbud pouches.  PM me your address. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Bamboo Project Bag
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Meatless Monday: Spicy Tempeh Salad on Toast

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...