A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
324 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DIY Vinyl Figures  (Read 4376 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
h-chan
« on: October 17, 2015 04:36:46 PM »

Would anyone be interested in doing a custom vinyl swap? I think it would be really fun. It would be based on your swap partners wishlist. You can buy the blanks on eBay for about $10-12 each. There are a bunch of how to YouTube vids for mixed media, best materials to use, etc. It was originally open to Fubko only but I'm opening it to any vinyl figures of a similar size.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016 12:19:56 PM by h-chan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

BANGTAN Style!
roler
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015 05:33:30 PM »

I love this idea! But won't have time til after Christmas...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
h-chan
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015 09:39:14 PM »

January would be fine. I intended to make my very first two  as Christmas gifts. It would allow me a little practice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BANGTAN Style!
RovingAnarchist
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015 09:18:52 AM »

Heck yeah!

I love vinyl figures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I carry a bag that says FREE KNITTING LESSONS on my daily transit commute, & give a little hands-on tutorial to anyone who asks. They get a starter kit with needles, enough cotton yarn to make a plain dishcloth and a set of instructions. Swaps/donations for materials welcome!
teag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015 11:41:04 AM »

I have been wanting to try my hand at vinyl figure makeovers, I'd be in
THIS ROCKS   Logged

h-chan
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015 05:43:20 PM »

Grin

Should I start an official swap or do you guys think it's too early? Signups would be thru Dec 31 with all of Janurary to acquire the Pop, craft and send?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BANGTAN Style!
roler
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015 06:43:51 PM »

Taking another look at finances right now, I don't think I can afford this swap right now, sadly. Sad My main crafts these days are sewing related, so I don't have ANY paints, clay, etc, and would basically have to start work on an entirely new type of stash (I have worked with paints and clay in the past, but so long ago I don't have any supplies at all left from that period).  It's a pity, 'cause this looks super fun.  If you do end up doing it, I definitely want to check out the gallery!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

h-chan
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015 06:52:39 PM »

You can use this type of paint which is only .79 cents a color when it ISN'T on sale. I haven't bought Sculpey in a while but I think I got them for $1 each on sale? The great thing is you can paint the clay any color you need so you don't have to buy a bunch of clay colors. I just bought a new set of paint brushes for under $10 with a 40% off coupon at Michael's. They have a lot of great sales coming up for the holidays. If you catch sales you can definitely create a custom for less than $20, Pop included.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BANGTAN Style!
roler
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015 09:33:50 PM »

That sounds much more affordable than I was thinking... but all the video tutorials I've looked at strongly advise against any clay that needs to be baked... have you baked one before?  Does it work, and does it ruin your oven?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

h-chan
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015 08:07:02 AM »

I used it long ago and I don't remember it ruining my oven. I'll look into it some more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BANGTAN Style!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...