A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,822
Currently Running With Scissors:
211 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Darth Vader Coffee Cup Cosy  (Read 1445 times)
Tags for this thread: star_wars , coffee_cup , cup_cozy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
teaandcraft
« on: October 11, 2015 02:35:01 AM »

I made coffee cup cosy for my best friend for her birthday; she was born on International Star Wars Day and, appropriately, loves Star Wars! ~___^ To make your own,  you'll need black yarn (I used a 8 ply DK weight), a 4mm hook, a tapestry needle, and some cotton threads in grey, red, and blue.

First, chain 52 stitches then check that this is going to be long enough by wrapping your chain around your cup; the ends should touch without having to stretch too much. Join the ends of your chain with a slip stitch, single stitch in each chain, and then slip stitch and chain one to start the next row. I did 15 rows of single stitches, but if your hands are bigger you might need more!

Once you've made your cosy as tall as you'd like it to be, fasten off and weave in the ends. Then you can do your cross-stitch! It's really easy to cross-stitch on single stitch crochet because the edges of the stitches make little indentations similar to aida cloth. Once I'd finished my cross-stitching, I decided the inside of the cosy looked a little messy so I used black thread to sew in a lining of black felt. You can't even see the stitches from the outside, and the inside looks lovely and neat ^____^

THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaandcraft.blogspot.com.au
Taramor
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015 01:19:22 PM »

It is a lovely cosy. I'm sure your friend will appreciate it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes
Meal Prep Monday: Fish Tacos with Green Sauce

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...