A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 313,594
Currently Running With Scissors:
309 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 50
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Round 11 (Signup thru Oct. 20; send out Dec. 4)  (Read 50552 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Thimbles71
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #270 on: November 08, 2015 06:22:05 PM »

I have an artificial tree that I put up every year.  I have a couple of friends who come over in early December and we drink wine, eat pizza and decorate my tree.  It's really fun.  Smiley  It always comes down on the epiphany.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Thimbles71

« Reply #271 on: November 08, 2015 06:22:59 PM »

Oh - and no theme!  I have a lot of ornaments that I love.  I could never do a theme tree.  I'd feel too badly for the ornaments that had to stay in their boxes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

rocking the GI Jane look

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #272 on: November 09, 2015 04:48:20 AM »

artifical tree here too and my daughter moans about the lack of a real tree each year. But it is way cheaper, plus a real tree would last no time as there is only one spot it can be in and that is in front of a radiator, so it would dry out and shed like crazy. Plus I hate the idea of cutting a tree to throw away a few weeks later-I know they are grown as a crop, but I still can't do it.

We have no theme, our problem is finding enough branches for all the decorations. I love decorations and can never ever have enough!!

I was going to blitz this swap this weekend as I have lots of ideas, but I decided to put my back out instead...what fun.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps,  I print a lot of random fabric, usually with no purpose in mind.  let me know if you want any of it.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
LadybugsAndBumblebees

I'm so squishy!

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 09, 2015 06:02:30 AM »

I'm going to be wrapping Sharalee's items up today.  I'll probably mail next week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TrickyMcVomit
« Reply #274 on: November 09, 2015 10:11:11 AM »

I have a small Christmas section on top pf our DVD shelf that stays up all year including a Charlie Brown tree =0)

~The Trailer Park Boys Christmas Special box (mostly hidden) and "Letters to Santa" which we got when we saw them live. And a printed card my bf gave me.
~A real life bar of Life Buoy soap (Christmas Story)
~A Trans Siberian Orchestra VIP pass from 2004.
~There are a few other Christmas cards from friends over the years that didn't make the photo

We spend Christmas traveling so we don't bother put up a tree. My Mom puts up a fake one that is decorated with ornaments from when we were kids....including a terribly embarrassing photo one from second grade when I didn't know it was picture day and then the teacher made us make ornaments from our school photo for our parents...My Mom insists on putting it up and my job is to find it and hide it as far into the tree as possible so nobody sees it.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015 10:15:27 AM by TrickyMcVomit » THIS ROCKS   Logged
aspenwall
« Reply #275 on: November 09, 2015 11:35:27 AM »

Tex - it is so pretty! We have a Red Wings wreath but last year it accidentally stayed up all year so I guess now that's a thing.

We have an artificial tree, no real reason. Easier clean-up I guess. We got a cat a few years ago so we are very careful about which ornaments we put up and where. No dangly ribbons, no feathers, etc.

I've always tried to theme my seasonal decorations but I have so many ornaments I love that don't match! We had two trees last year (and the wings wreath). We have our regular sized tree, and a smaller one for Batty Cake. Batty Cake is a small stuffed animal (who is a bat) that I bought for my husband when he was really sick. He turned it into a Thing, he has a facebook page and his own birthday party and lots of tiny things. So of course he has his own tree, too.

I think this year we'll put ours up before Thanksgiving. It has been a trying year and we missed Halloween decorating so we're going to do the Christmas thing big this year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Shop I am also looking for some personal swaps. Check my profile for more info! My
Pinterest
bellyjewel

"Holy haberdashery!"

« Reply #276 on: November 09, 2015 02:53:35 PM »

We have an artificial tree. I wish it were themed. I grew up with real ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely hate the color pink & it's family members!!

my pinterest: http://pinterest.com/bellyjewel/
SevsOnlyGirl

Swap Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: November 09, 2015 05:20:46 PM »

It's awesome seeing and reading all the different things we do for the holidays!!

texscrapper - that is an amazing tree!  So pretty, LOVE the colors!

Please remember that checkins are mandatory and if your partner isn't communicating, please let me know! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyMamaBee
Dreaming Bigger than my Ability!

Crafting Since 1982

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #278 on: November 09, 2015 06:20:04 PM »

We have an artificial tree as well.... Allergies run in our family and real of almost anything can be hard to have. It's theme is "kid friendly" since we have a five year old and an almost 2 year old!

Only tradition we do have is Elf on the shelf... But who doesn't with little kids!?

I've hit a crafting goldmine of inspiration! I have to take my sewing machine for a repair tomorrow and have been getting as much seen in case they have to keep it for a bit.... Luckily I have some non seen items still to make!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Carbine_corgi
« Reply #279 on: November 09, 2015 06:59:53 PM »

My tree is always real, we cut it down the first week of Dec and bring it home from a tree farm. I do not have a theme.

Check In Question Time - this is a 3 parter! Smiley

Do you put up a real tree or artificial?  Is your tree themed? When do you put it up?

We always did real trees and they bothered my asthma, so a few years ago we finally switched to artificial.  Not as pretty, but it's ok.  Our tree is not themed, unless you count hodge podge as a theme! We have a lot of handmade ornaments, special event ornaments and my Grandma's ornaments.  I try to put it up on Thanksgiving, but usually at some point that weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-If only corgi ears could pick up radio signals....-
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 50 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pom Pom Shades
February 21, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Ribbon Scarf

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...