A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,851
Currently Running With Scissors:
251 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Back to Hogwarts Round 6 Gallery  (Read 23867 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 19, 2015 08:21:00 AM »

Back to Hogwarts Round 6

Partners
Mistress Jennie ---> edelC
edelC ---> Mistress Jennie

moriarT (sent partial package) ---> samash90 (rcvd partial package)
moriarT (sent partial "thank you" package) ---> Ant Bee
samash90 (no contact since 10/4) ---> moriarT
ANGEL: Ant Bee (sent 11/9; Box returned to sender 11/30, being resent) ---> moriarT

noelle (sent 10/5) ---> puzzled-penguin
puzzled-penguin ---> noelle

lancmaltby ---> jillybeans
jillybeans ---> lancmaltby

FiberAlchemist ---> teag
teag ---> FiberAlchemist

DragonChilde ---> dinkime
dinkime ---> DragonChilde

BadWolf (sent 10/5) ---> GeneralJinjur
GeneralJinjur ---> BadWolf

Inselaeffchen (sent 10/10) ---> Ant Bee
Ant Bee (sent 10/10) ---> Inselaeffchen

Status Colors
SENDING:

Green = Sent
Orange = Sending Late with Communication
Red = LATE, NO COMMUNICATION, CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY!

RECEIVING:
Blue = Received (but haven't POSTED pictures yet)
Purple = Received & Posted Pictures

Strikethrough = Feedback Given
GLOWING RED=NEGATIVE FEEDBACK  
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015 05:41:56 AM by Mistress Jennie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dinkime

Do you like my scrapbook monocle?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015 01:14:09 PM »

Anxiously awaiting the goodness of this all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015 12:49:31 AM »

taking my seat in the peanut gallery
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with you.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
Inselaeffchen
Re:
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015 09:40:51 AM »

Waiting for inspirational awesomeness. :-)

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015 09:51:20 AM »

I get the joy of starting the gallery this round!  Get your Pinning fingers ready, because you're all going to fall in love with the beautiful things that edelC made.   Cheesy

Let's start with the Small...  Two awesome stenciled tees!  One to wear when I'm supporting Ireland's quidditch team, and one from my favorite shop, Flourish & Blott's.  They fit fantastically.  It's always so hard when you have a large bust, to find tees that fit over it, and still fit like women's clothing.  (Let's face it, men's beefy-tees are a crap option for ladies.)  I'm currently wearing the Ireland one, and it's all soft and comfy on this rainy cold day.

Next is edel's Medium, a totally kick-ass zippered pouch.  I love zip pouches, and use them for everything, so this one is sure to get lots of use. Please excuse the photos.  It's pouring rain here, and I can't go outside to get better light.  The pouch is chocolate brown, with a tan patch, and the paint is a nice kelly green.  I tried to fix it in photoshop, but it just didn't want to play nice with me.  

And check out the adorable lining fabric!

Before I show you the Large, I'm going to share the extras.  She sent a fantastic hand bound notebook and some yummy chocolate...

...And a smaller notebook, and fantastic quill!  I'll be using this to write out the note cards I sent along with all my Etsy orders from now on, just to feel extra magical while doing something as boring as packing orders.

She also found some fantastic Gryffindor leggings to lounge around the Common Room in!  I foresee many cozy weekend mornings snuggled in them, reading by the fireplace.

And as if all of that wasn't amazing enough, she made the most fantastic Large of this swap.  (Obviously no one else's have arrived yet, but I'm still pretty darn sure there's nothing as awesome as this in the whole wide world.)  A Sorting Hat tea cozy!  This thing is HUGE!  It fit's over my full sized teapot perfectly.  (I took the photo with the teapot next to it so you could see size comparison. In the pic I took of the cozy on top of the pot, it was hard to see the pot at all, even though it fits perfectly.)

Here's another detail shot, so you can see the features clearly.

How freaking amazing is that?!?!?!?  Seriously, I'm completely blown away.  I wish there was someone here this morning so I could make tea for us in the big pot and show it off.  THANK YOU so very much edelC!  I promise to treasure all my goodies always and forever.  Rest assured, they will have a good home with me.   Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015 10:35:48 AM »

How awesome is that tea cozy?  Wow, so envious, everything in your package is wonderful.  What a great start to the gallery
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lancmaltby
Vintage collector and crafter!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015 05:58:45 PM »

OMG I LOVE everything - the sorting hat tea cozy is amazing- so creative!! Really great items. How did you make the stencils for the 2 shirts / those are very good! I love the Flourish & Blott's one! edelC you've done an awesome job on everything!!!!!!!
I predict that this tread will blow our minds!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

moriarT
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015 06:10:02 PM »

Wow what a great first package, so many awesome things. edelC I think you have gone waaayyy above the requirements to make something so awesome, great job.
Can't wait to see everything else in the gallery.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015 05:36:25 AM »

edelC I think you have gone waaayyy above the requirements to make something so awesome, great job.

Oh I did, and I know it can be awful when someone does that because it causes a lot of swap anxiety..I am sorry, but the thing is that Mistress Jennie was really easy to craft for, and this swap theme for some reason really helped me fully emerge from a long long (2 years long) crafting funk.....so that was why there was so many...

re the stencils, they are complex, but they both have hand painting on top as it would have been impossible to cut in all of the detail

I didn't make the lounge pants, they are from a local shop and when I saw them I had to throw them in.

I did make the spell notebook, that is a handmade journal, the other one I didn't make, just added the feather print.

I had packaged up the main items, but found that I had just gone over a weight limit for posting, and was in the next higher 'division'' so I added in those extras as I hate paying for postage weight that I don't use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with you.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015 02:51:30 PM »

Okay get ready to pin!  Yesterday I received a package from Teag and I am beyond blown away with all of the awesomeness inside.  And outside, I mean look at this packaging!

The first thing I found was a wand from Olivander's.  It's a Eucalyptus wand with a Unicorn core.  It has amazing vine detail on the hand grip and the box is gorgeous too!  I love that she even included a little scroll with the wand lore for my specific wand!

Second I came across this little guy.

and inside I found these...

baby polymer clay owl charms!

And lastly there was my very own spell book.

And on the inside I discovered it was actually a Polyjuice Potion Kit!

I mean look at the detail...  

Thank you Teag!!  I am so impressed with your amazing crafty skills!  I love everything!  So many exclamation points!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Tutu for You
Stay Spooky
Meal Prep Monday: Smoked Salmon Fettuccine

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...