A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 314,258
Currently Running With Scissors:
418 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Yet Another TM Patch Swap Round 2 (Sign-ups: Sept. 5- Oct. 4, 2015)  (Read 2166 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: September 05, 2015 02:43:47 PM »

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE JOINING THE SWAP.

DISCUSSION THREAD
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=439961.0

GALLERY
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=440824.0

SWAP INFO
Swap name:  Ongoing Yet Another Teesha Moore Patch Swap Round 2
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: craftADDchick and Watsonc7
Sign-up date range: September 5, 2015 - October 4, 2015
Date to send item by: 21 days from the day you claim (this starts on the day you claim NOT the next day!)
Limited to a certain number of people?: No
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO (if you do not wish to send out of the country, please check the country before making a claim)
Additional Age requirement? No

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

DETAILS OF SWAP:
This is an ongoing version of the Yet Another TM Patch Swap. For this round, you are limited to 2 open claims at a time, but you cannot make a second claim until the first claim has been sent. First time swappers are limited to 1 open claim at a time. The last person who makes a claim in this round will be the first person to post a list in the next round. See additional details below:
Claims:
-You can not make a claim until you have been approved for the swap.
-You can only make a claim from the last list that has been posted.
- For this round, you are limited to 2 open claims at a time (an open claim is one that has not been received), but you cannot make your second claim until you have sent the first claim. First time swappers are limited to 1 open claim at a time.
- Each claim is for 2 patches
-You must PM the organizers when you have made a claim
- You will have 21 days from the date of your claim to send your patches (this starts on the day you make your claim)
- You must send the tracking # and/or customs numbers to organizers when sending.
- Once your partner has received, you may make an additional claim

Communication:
Communication is the key to the success of this swap! Please do the following with all PMs:
1. Include craftADDchick and Watsonc7 in all PMs
2. Use the appropriate subject line in your PMs:
   Ongoing YATM Patch Swap R2- Approval
   Ongoing YATM Patch Swap R2- Claim Made
   Ongoing YATM Patch Swap R2- Sent
   Ongoing YATM Patch Swap R2- Received
   Ongoing YATM Patch Swap R2- Question

Additional Information:
There are lots of inspirational patches from previous swaps, so check out some of the galleries here:

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=440254.0 (Ongoing YATM Patch Swap-R1)

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=436180.0 (Yet Another TM Patch Swap R3!)

IF your are new to making patches, here are some links to Teesha Moore's own video tutorials showing you her techniques. You won't want to miss these.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cm4RoEsgl0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt49UgGzy6k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=246iSNnS8So
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njd3J7ttslQ

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Ongoing Yet Another TM Patch Swap Round 2
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country (please put it in the proper format for mailing to your country):
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)
Have you read the Swap Guidelines and understand how this swap works?
Are you willing to send at least 2 patches per claim? (If not then you will not be approved )
This next section is what you will post on the thread, after you have been approved
Country  you live in: (Do not claim outside of your country unless you are willing to ship to another country):
List at least four themes to inspire your partner: (Some themes from previous swaps were the beach, peace and love, buttons, rainbows, DOTD, trees and nature, literature, stripes and polkadots, craftster's choice.)
List peferred size range, if you have one:
Preferred colors, if any:
Are there any colors or themes you really don't want to receive?
Are odd shapes desireable, such as round or triangular patches?
Do you have a Pinterest, website, or WIST site that your partner can peruse for inspiration?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.  

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

HOW THIS SWAP WORKS:

CLAIMING
1. Claims are made using the following procedure:

Person A (the swap organizer) will begin the swap by posting a list of themes in this swap thread.
Person B will choose a theme from one of A's themes and make a claim by posting his/her own list (see below for formatting of post).
Person C will make a claim on one of B's themes and post his/her own list.
Person D will make a claim on one of C's themes and post his/her own list etc...

This continues through the end of the swap period, when the swap organizer closes out the claiming part of the swap and continues this swap in the next round starting in the next month.

2. How to make a claim:
A claim post should include the following information:
1. The theme you are choosing and who youre sending it to.
2. The send by date (three weeks from the date the claim is made)
3. The following information from your questionnaire:
   A. Country you live in (This is so people know if they will need to send outside of their country)
   B. Themes
   C. Preferred size (if any)
   D. Preferred colors (if any)
   E. Themes, colors, shapes you do or do not wish to receive
   F. Link(s) to Pinterest, Wist, or websites that your partner can use for inspiration

ONCE YOU HAVE MADE A CLAIM:
1. Send a personal message to the person you have claimed and request their address
2. Send a PM to the organizers to let them know you have made a claim using the appropriate heading in the subject line: Ongoing YATM Patch Swap R2- Claim Made
3. You have 21 days to complete each claim and have it in the mail to its new owner. You cannot make a new claim until your partner receives.

ONCE YOU HAVE SENT OR RECEIVED PATCHES

1. Please PM the organizers and claimer/claimee when you send or receive your patches.
2.  Please use the appropriate heading in the subject line:
   Ongoing YATM Patch Swap R2- Sent
   Ongoing YATM Patch Swap R2- Received
3.  Be sure and include (1) the "send by" date, as well as (2) the theme and (3) who sent it

FEEDBACK
Positive feedback will be given at the end of the round when all of the patches you sent have been received.   Good communication is vital and will be noted in feedback.

ANY QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions please post them in the discussion thread or PM the organizers.  

This thread is for claims only! Please use the discussion thread for questions and comments, or the gallery thread for posting photos of patches.

Participants:
1. craftADDchick
2. Inselaeffchen
3. Watsonc7
4. goatgoddess
5. roler
6. RovingAnarchist

« Last Edit: September 27, 2015 06:44:42 PM by craftADDchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015 02:50:37 PM »

Just to keep us on track... Smiley

I claimed roler for D&D and video games.

I'll be sending by 16 September (claimed during round 1 under round 1 rules).

Country (Do not claim outside of your country unless you are willing to ship to another country): UK

- Doctor Who
- Marvel Comics Characters (Xmen, Avengers,Loki, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant Man...)
- DC Comics Characters (Arrow, Flash, Superman, Green Lantern, Supergirl, Miss Martian, Blue Beetle, Wonder Woman...)
- Outlander (Books & TV Series)
- Beach/Sea creatures/Maritime
- Disney
- Harry Potter
- Star Wars
- Books
- Lego Games (PS3 type)
- Game of Thrones
- Christmas
- Halloween (not too goulish, have 4 year olds in the household)
- Crafts (i.e. patches about knitting/crochet/scrapbooking/silhouette cameo/quilting/photography etc.)
- Easy to understand Science (to introduce to my little Hobbitses throughout their preschool/primary school etc. Smiley ) (any science - but LOVE craftADDchick's list)
- American Football

List peferred size range, if you have one:no larger than 4x6 inches pls.
Preferred colors, if any: Bright and bold
Are there any colors or themes you really don't want to receive?No pinks or neon colours. No religious things or sexual pls.
Are odd shapes desireable, such as round or triangular patches? Prefer square patches, but open to new things.
Do you have a Pinterest, website, or WIST site that your partner can peruse for inspiration?
Really should organize my Pinterest more, but the whole lot is here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goatgoddess
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015 06:38:14 AM »

I am claiming "Inselaeffchen" for Game of Thrones and Superman - I'll send by Sept. 28, 2015
(had to borrow a couple of your great themes for my list <G>)

List at least four themes to inspire your partner:
In no particular order:

My themes:
1. Star Trek
2. Dr. Who
3. Star Wars
4. Birds
5. Cats
6. Nature
7. Halloween - more cute or creepy cute rather than gory
8. Nightmare before Christmas
9. Game of Thrones

List preferred size range, if you have one: any
Preferred colors, if any: rich colors - but really any color will work. 
Are there any colors or themes you really don't want to receive? No
Are odd shapes desirable, such as round or triangular patches? artist choice

Do you have a Pinterest, website, or WIST site that your that partner can peruse for inspiration?

www.pinterest.com/debraleach

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015 06:27:54 PM »

I am claiming goatgoddess for the themes of Birds and Cats to be mailed by 9/29.

I am planning to make a wall hanging to put in my science classroom, so I would love it if the patches could be science-themed! These are the topics I currently teach (I've deleted the topics I already have patches for- and all of my science patches are pictured in the photo for the swap post thread Smiley ) :
1. Earth science (plate tectonics, dinosaurs, moon phases, seasons, eclipses, tides)
2. Space science (objects in the solar system or galaxy. the universe, etc.- I already have a constellation patch and a planet patch)
3. Engineering (Bridges, Robotics, Computer Aided Design, etc.)
4. Life Science (human body {but they need to be 6th grade classroom appropriate... so probably no reproductive organs}, ecosystems)
5. Physical Science (forces & motion {Newton's Laws of Motion},  density, heat transfer- conduction, convection, radiation, chemical reactions, light, sound)
6. Famous scientists (or quotes by famous scientists- I have a Carl Sagan, a Thomas Edison, an Alexander Fleming, and an Einstein patch)
List peferred size range, if you have one:  No bigger than 4" X 6" but smaller is okay!
Preferred colors, if any: No preference
Are there any colors or themes you really don't want to receive? Nothing violent, religious, or sexual in nature (it's for my 6th grade classroom)
Are odd shapes desireable, such as round or triangular patches? I'd prefer square/rectangle shapes
Do you have a Pinterest, website, or WIST site that your partner can peruse for inspiration? I created a board on Pinterest for the science-themed patches I have so far. I'm trying to avoid duplicates for themes/topics (but there's only a few right now, so it's pretty wide open Smiley ).  Link: http://www.pinterest.com/msgouldams/science-themed-tm-patches/

THIS ROCKS   Logged

roler
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015 05:45:30 AM »

Hooray I'm back in!  Can't keep myself away from the TM Patch swaps! XD  I've added some new themes this time. Smiley

I'm Laura in Japan (but you can ship to my family in the USA instead if it's easier), and I claim craftADDchick for light and the solar system.  I'll mail by October 1st.

One Piece manga (particularly the character designs before the 2-year jump; my favs are Luffy, Chopper, and Carue the duck)
Lord of the Rings (movie or books) (I already have a hobbit door patch)
Muppets (classic muppet show)
Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries (nothing gory please; fashion/aesthetic/Phryne-Jack are my favs)
video games (Animal Crossing, Tetris, Final Fantasy, Persona, etc, or controllers) (I already have an original NES controller patch)
board games (Settlers, Carcassone, Ticket to Ride, classic games like Scrabble, Monopoly, etc), playing cards (esp. Pinochle, rummy)
pirates, ninjas
Books (including Shakespeare, Canterbury Tales, Discworld, Peter Wimsey, or books in general) (I already have a Death patch from Discworld)
animals (degus, eels, frogs, cats, guinea pigs, hedgehogs, owls, mallards, loons, Canada geese, etc)
Studio Ghibli / Miyazaki (I already have a Totoro patch, a No-Face patch, and a dust sprite patch) (stuff from the new Ronja the Robber's daughter series would be AWESOME)
smiling food items doing things XD (I already have a cupcake)
Katsuyuki Moray (my plush eel - photo blog here: http://katsuyukimoray.tumblr.com/)

List peferred size range, if you have one: about 3-5 in
Preferred colors, if any: bright, bold colors, jewel tones, earth tones
Are there any colors or themes you really don't want to receive? nothing religious, violent, or sexual in nature. no primarily pastel patches, please
Are odd shapes desireable, such as round or triangular patches? I usually prefer square/rectangular patches, but small odd shapes are fine for covering gaps.
Do you have a Pinterest, website, or WIST site that your partner can peruse for inspiration? https://www.pinterest.com/theroler/
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015 02:50:18 AM by roler » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
RovingAnarchist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015 10:39:51 AM »

Okay, I'll bite.

I'm claiming roler for books and Katsuyuki Moray. I'll mail by October 13.

About me: I'm Milo in Scarborough, ON, Canada. My list of themes :

"The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands dirty"/DIY
Pick up trucks/4x4s
Knitting Fail
Welding
Woodworking
Cooking
Punk rock redneck
Feminism
"Best of Craftster!" (I managed that last year and still can't believe it happened...)
Pinterest boards: Random Stuff, Inspiration, and Metal Stuff

List preferred size range, if you have one: whatever suits your idea the best. The ones I already have are about 4-1/2" square on average.

Preferred colors, if any: black, orange, red, blue, copper, silver, green

Are there any colors or themes you really don't want to receive? PINK, pastels of any kind, cutesy, cartoons.

Are odd shapes desirable, such as round or triangular patches? Like I said, whatever floats your boat. I'm easy.

Do you have a Pinterest, website, or WIST site that your partner can peruse for inspiration? https://www.pinterest.com/milonewsted/

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I carry a bag that says FREE KNITTING LESSONS on my daily transit commute, & give a little hands-on tutorial to anyone who asks. They get a starter kit with needles, enough cotton yarn to make a plain dishcloth and a set of instructions. Swaps/donations for materials welcome!
Watsonc7

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015 05:43:27 PM »

I'm claiming RovingAnarchist for patches inspired by Random and Metal stuff boards.  I'll mail by October 17. 

I'm Christy from the U.S. Smiley
I'm building a collection based on my favorite movies/shows/books:
Anchorman, The Other Guys, Game of Thrones, Royal Tenenbaums, Strangers With Candy, Archer, Arrested Development, Parks & Recreation, Modern Family, Where the Wild Things Are, Beetlejuice, Labyrinth....soooo manycheck out my pinterest for more ideas (links below).

List peferred size range, if you have one: no preference

Preferred colors, if any:
All but dislikes below. 

Are there any colors or themes you really don't want to receive?
Pink, orange, fluorescents, blue jean, tie-die, anything frilly/glittery/old floral, any colors that you might see in the Justice kid clothes store Wink  I like color, just not florescent brights

Are odd shapes desireable, such as round or triangular patches?
I'm up for anything your little heart desires

http://www.pinterest.com/watsonc7/
Check out my "TV & Books" board for more movie/show/book inspiration.
My "Swaps I have Received" board shows all the patches I have

HAVE FUN!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015 02:52:39 PM »

Round 2 is closed for claims!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015 04:43:49 PM by craftADDchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Suit Jacket Purse
Best Friends

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...