A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
308 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Fall Nerd Battles 2015: September 1 - November 30, 2015  (Read 97681 times)
Tags for this thread: nerd , geek , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
roler
« Reply #200 on: October 02, 2015 10:20:16 AM »

Prompt:  October - Chupacabra
Team: Multimedia
Bonus Points: Community
Project Name: Sock Snake
Project Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=440930.msg5342791#msg5342791
Brief Description:
Have you heard of the Peuchen, a cryptid from southern Chile?  Much like the chupacabra, it is said to suck blood from livestock, but this one is a flying snake!!  So I made a plush snake of my own.
My mother requested a long skinny plushie to place along a window frame to stop a draft, so I followed a tutorial I found on pinterest and made a sock snake out of old worn-out socks!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
roler
« Reply #201 on: October 02, 2015 10:46:57 AM »

Hahaha, yes, V6 definitely look young!  Those pictures I used on the file are from this year though!  My favorite is the oldest, and he's 44; I believe the youngest is 33?  (When they debuted, they were the age of me when I started teaching and my junior high school students; that must have been odd to be in a group together!)  If anyone's interested, here's a video of them from a few years back (2008) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ-FqyemgS0  My favorite, Maakun, is the one with the first solo and bad bleach job. ;P

The cheeseburger casserole is not exactly glamorous, but it's perfectly tasty!  Just think; eating all those ingredients with pasta is not much different from eating them with buns, another yummy carb!

rockingbearranch - What a darling well-loved bear!  How thoughtful of you to make him some nice footie pajamas to protect his tender paws!  My mom has a similarly worn bear named Winky from when she was a child; I want to know what he was named BEFORE one of his eyes wore off! ;P

storerboughtcreations - Your (wo)manbearpig made me laugh out loud!!  Is the nose removable, like a little mask, or is it part of her face?  You're right; those slippers are just adorable!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
puzzled-penguin
« Reply #202 on: October 02, 2015 11:35:37 AM »

Eep! I'm falling behind on commenting again! Everyone's been so busy! Smiley

calliemae - Your knits are adorable. The wool is so pretty! I especially like the purple colour.

craftADDchick - The potholders are great! Yoda is awesome and the patchwork colours are really pretty, it makes me think of Autumn/Fall. It would actually look great in my kitchen... Wink

DearBluebird - Cool Oni dotte, the paper face and armour pieces are very clever.

EdelC - Beautiful quilt! I'm very jealous of quilters, its a craft I'd love to give a go someday. Yours looks very neat and the fabric you've picked is lovely.

Gozer - Yeah, its a really cute grosgrain printed with the Hogwarts house crests. I found it at a craft fayre, I bought a bundle of different types because they were so cute. I love your cat photos!! My cat would've probably done the exact same thing, cats can make crafting such a challenge! Wink The costume is from Frozen, I'm hoping to get it done for London ComicCon (fingers crossed).

LovelyMiss - Cute wreath and thanks for all the info on peg weaving, it looks like fun to try.

Ludi - I love your trick-or-treat cat.

mistress_batty - cute canvases, and I can't wait to see your Storm Trooper tapestry. They'd look cute coasters or maybe magnets? The tissue box idea is also a good one. Ursula's shell looks great, even if its not what you planned. Nails and cat hair cause me problems too!

moriarT - Love the old-skool Frankenstein! Your stitching is so neat!

Mountains and Clouds - Nice painting, I like the effect on the sky.

pishaw13 - You sweater dress is lovely, such a pretty colour. The jar curtain is awesome, I love the fabric and the trim.

RBR - Adorable bear, I laughed at his 'voluptuous hips'! Cheesy

roler - Neat ticket file, it's a really good idea for storing them. The sewing patch is really pretty, I really like the way the colours and textures go together. The vest is for a Frozen Fever cosplay (I'm not sure it'll be done in time for the event, but I really liked it).

storerboughtcreations - I adore your Maleficent. She's one of my favourite characters and you've totally done her justice. The turtle's very cute, whoever wins it will love him! The cross-stitch blows my mind with how much work must have went into it! Congratulations! amazing achievement. Good luck with your quilt project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
storerboughtcreations
« Reply #203 on: October 02, 2015 11:36:32 AM »

Thanks! The doll was one I made about a year ago. I just whipped up the slippers, mittens, nose, and ears last night.

The nose and ears are removable. The nose has two strands of yarn that tie behind her head. The ears are secured to a strand of yarn tied around her head, so it's like a Halloween costume Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DearBluebird

Make ALL the things!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: October 02, 2015 05:27:05 PM »

Roler: Love the sock snake. Useful AND cute!!!

storeboughtcreations: I love (wo)manbearpig. Super cute Wink

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments on my recent posts. I appreciate it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mistress_batty
Batty Bat Bat

happy hookin' mistress

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #205 on: October 03, 2015 08:11:55 AM »

Prompt:  October - Chupacabra
Team: Multimedia
Project Name: Habichuelas y Arroz Con Gandules  (Beans and Rice with Brown Pigeon Peas)
Brief Description:
Chupacabra originated in Puerto Rico! When I was in middle school, I started taking Spanish. My neighbor's, their dad was from Puerto Rico and his parents still lived there. They were planning a trip to PR and they said I could come with them if I bought my own ticket and could learn how to roll my R's (which I couldn't do and needed to for class).
  Puerto Rico was awesome. I'm really grateful that I got to go and experience a different culture. Omg, it was so beautiful!
  But their Grandma, omg could she cook. I loved her cooking there, and I loved when she would visit my neighbors back here in VT and she would make the most delicious stuff. (I still need to find a recipe for this corn pudding she made).

So.....I made Puertorican food for dinner! These are two of the basic recipes I remember Grandma making, that taste just so good.

I made Arroz Con Gandules  -  which is rice with brown pigeon peas and
(http://myloveforcooking.com/recipes/arroz-con-gandules/)

Habichuelas which is beans....but the beans actually have a lot going on - a tomatoey sauce, potatoes, capers, olives, etc.
(http://www.elboricua.com/habichuelas.html)

The rice recipe I followed to a T, the beans recipe I substituted the cured ham for some pulled pork I made in the crock pot.  The pork shoulder was cooked with sofrito, rotel, adobo, salt, pepper, Sazonador Total (another seasoning mix by Goya), onion powder, garlic powder......and just let it cook until it melts in your mouth. lol

lol please ignore the full bowl. I didn't eat all afternoon, just waiting until this was all finished and ready. 'cause....it's simply delicious lol

Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockingbearranch
« Reply #206 on: October 03, 2015 12:23:24 PM »

Prompt:  October - Challenge - Lochness Monster
Team: Wordy
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Butterfly Embroidery
Project Link:
Brief Description: This is yet another twinchie. Two left! It is freehand with photos for reference. The shape is from one butterfly and the colors are from another.
Project Picture:

Prompt:  October - Zaps #3
Team: Wordy
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Regular sewing machine t-shirt repair
Project Link:
Brief Description: Once the sewing machine has disappeared under the pile it is time to do the repairs. It seems like every other t-shirt loses its stitches now. This is my solution. I don't have a serger so I just zig zag it. I did 3 shirts and some other misc sewing. Then I cut a pile of unsavable tees into rags. I haven't been organized enough to make the pretty reusable paper towels. 
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator
Crafting for Good Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #207 on: October 03, 2015 12:37:53 PM »

~*Congratulations, calliemae!*~
You are the first to earn the Brownie Points badge.

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges.  

*Once revealed, a badge can be found in the Badge Center.*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #208 on: October 03, 2015 12:38:04 PM »

~*Congratulations, roler!*~
You are the first to earn the "Jackalope" Challenge badge.

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges.  

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #209 on: October 03, 2015 12:38:27 PM »

~*Congratulations, roler!*~
You are the first to earn the "Jersey Devil" Challenge badge.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...