A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,822
Currently Running With Scissors:
223 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Triangle Pouches!  (Read 1764 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
HugsAreFun
« on: August 27, 2015 08:17:56 PM »

I made these for a swap I did awhile back and I love how they turned out. The pattern was a little intimidating but ended up being a lot easier than I expected.

I'm kind of addicted to scrappy rainbow patchwork.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015 12:17:55 AM »

Very cute! I once made a set of these, nesting inside one another in three sizes for my sister who was travelling a lot. She loved them. The smallest bag she used for her jewelry, the largest one for bras, and the middle size for pantyhose. They helped keep her luggage and motel room sorted. And you are right. It is a very neat pattern, and really not that hard of geometry to figure out. Great job!

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015 08:07:42 AM »

Very cute!  Nice way to use up scraps, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
HugsAreFun
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015 05:39:02 PM »

Very cute! I once made a set of these, nesting inside one another in three sizes for my sister who was travelling a lot. She loved them. The smallest bag she used for her jewelry, the largest one for bras, and the middle size for pantyhose. They helped keep her luggage and motel room sorted. And you are right. It is a very neat pattern, and really not that hard of geometry to figure out. Great job!

~T

oh what a neat idea! I don't think my math skills are sharp enough to figure out nesting ones!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hat-and-bag-lady

Too lazy 2 work, too honest 2 steal, jst rt to sew

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015 07:58:09 PM »

These are neat! I've heard them called "Humbug Bags", because they're similar in shape to a humbug candy in England.
Thank you for sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A.T. Morel
stillatthetop
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015 08:38:09 AM »

I don't have super good math skills, either, but basically you just re-size the pattern a few inches larger (with the larger zipper sizes) for each one stepping up. It is just the same rectangle pouch with the opposite side squished with on that side zipper centered, other side zipper top.. Same as you have made only larger. Then when you store them and are not using them, you can zip the bags inside one another. So basically you just add a few inches all around based on the zippers you have available. That is how I made mine. And mine were scrappy, too  Grin It was a de-stash sort of gift.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes
Meal Prep Monday: Fish Tacos with Green Sauce

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...